It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns Citizens To Evacuate Border Region

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

i read somewhere else that They have submarines that have recently loaded up with (nuclear?) missiles and are now somewhere in the sea and they can't be detected. If that's true then keep your eyes and ears open for a missile over your house.

You mean the supposed electric-powered submarine that supposedly launched a missile within miles of California.. which was actually just a picture of contrails of a plane - it was just at an angle to make it look like a missile launch? That ridiculous story and theory? Yea.. I'm not too worried about that.

They are not a sleeping giant. You need to be a giant in the first place before you can be a sleeping or wakened one. They are not a giant in any sense of the word. If they keep up this posturing, it won't be the U.S. that stomps on them, it will be China. At least their current leader is showing in how many ways it is wrong to gain leadership in this manner.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
North Korea sees fit to warn its people to leave border region........

But it doesnt give two craps if they are starving to death or dying in prison camps...........

Seems a bit odd to me........

I am pretty sure it was a warning for the South Korean civilians to get out of the way. Obama needs to lay the smack down on NK right now because they are not playing.

If he doesnt give a crap about his own countries civilians what makes you think he gives a crap about his hated enemies?

Hes been threatening to NUKE them.........

I think it was more to keep his troops from having to much to shoot at. A mass confusion of sorts.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The whole problem is Obama. When NK attacks China will move on Taiwan, threaten Japan and the U.S. while Russia and the Arabs move on Israel. The U.S. will turn all its focus on trying to help everyone at the same time and unzip our fly for Russian subs to attack here at home.

You can't seriously believe this. We're at the point that if China seriously wanted us to back off, they would make just one announcement. America says out of their way or they dump $1.5 trillion American greenbacks they are holding.

First, this would destroy our economy. 2nd, no oil producing country would take American $dollars for oil, forcing us to print even more money just to buy oil and economically forcing all of our allies to back away from us as they all would be caught holding Petro dollar purchasing money. Yes folks the entire world has to come to us for American Dollars to buy even 1 barrel of oil right now. This would in effect leave all of Western Europe broke.

China would get whatever they want... This is the real world. No fantasy is required..
edit on 17-3-2013 by averageGuy505 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Yeah I don't really know what to make of Major Ed Dames. I remember hearing him on Coast to Coast with Art Bell many years ago. I just file the info away for future reference and keep an open mind about such things.

----

The Avatar is Jeremy Brett who played the part of Sherlock Holmes - by far the best performance of Sherlock ever.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

China is going to sit back and watch and enjoy the show. They could care less, so long as the US doesn't threaten to invade them again.

It's possible that North Korea and Iran are colluding here. If you've noticed, the rhetoric and saber rattling on both sides has increased. Watch for the North to pull a stunt and shortly thereafter, Iran to do the same thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SherlockH

Ed Dames hasn't predicted a single thing that has actually come true. He's got a couple "close calls" but even I can do that if I flap my gums enough.
I'm still waiting for the "blight" from a passing asteroid/comet/space alien from Mars, which was supposed to strike 8 or 10 years ago, to strike.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The whole problem is Obama. When NK attacks China will move on Taiwan, threaten Japan and the U.S. while Russia and the Arabs move on Israel. The U.S. will turn all its focus on trying to help everyone at the same time and unzip our fly for Russian subs to attack here at home. We will be damaged pretty bad but China will be in flames and Russia will be crippled beyond belief by NATO and Israel more than any. Obama will probably be shot just before this all happens leaving the moron in charge. Obama will survive and then make his false peace deal and proclaim he is the Messiah.

I think you might end up being exactly right when things are said and done.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
China/Russia will control NK. Nothing will happen. They do too much business and are supported by them to not listen to what they say. NK is a puppet, that's all they are. They can threaten all the want, it's just leverage in their nuclear negotitaions.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SherlockH

Yeah I don't really know what to make of Major Ed Dames. I remember hearing him on Coast to Coast with Art Bell many years ago. I just file the info away for future reference and keep an open mind about such things.

----

The Avatar is Jeremy Brett who played the part of Sherlock Holmes - by far the best performance of Sherlock ever.

Yes Ed Dames predictions are chilling i must say. As to Jeremy Brett, i agree with you whole heartedly that he was the best Sherlock Holmes ever, and was superb in many other performances on stage and screen as well. he was a wonderful actor. I am very much into Sherlock Holmes and have had a Sherlock Holmes Pastiche published too!

Hey I had an idea! Maybe we can club together and send Mr Un a box set of Sherlock Holmes and perhaps he will calm down!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

NK has only one less sub than we do. While they are mostly very old subs you have to wonder just how many subs can we track at any given time. Its the ones that quietly get lost in the clutter that will raise hell with our fleet.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

China is going to sit back and watch and enjoy the show. They could care less, so long as the US doesn't threaten to invade them again.

It's possible that North Korea and Iran are colluding here. If you've noticed, the rhetoric and saber rattling on both sides has increased. Watch for the North to pull a stunt and shortly thereafter, Iran to do the same thing.

Oh i have no doubt that North Korea are doing Iran's dirty work ie testing the nukes. I would not trust either countries to change my cat's litter tray!!

As to China, I think they do give a damn actually. Only from the point of view if that is goes to a stage where N Korea fires off a nuke, they dont want to risk the chance of both radiation blowing their way and also an accidental misfiring into their terriorty. I dont think they will take too kindly too refugees crossing their borders. They already send back those whom they catch crossing into China. And probably to their deaths too.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

China is behind all of this. They want to distract the U.S. and Japan so they can take Taiwan and then take out the Pacific fleet with NK's help. Their final goal is to have total authority over the east and south China sea completely, as well the Yellow sea around Korea.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by fleabit

NK has only one less sub than we do. While they are mostly very old subs you have to wonder just how many subs can we track at any given time. Its the ones that quietly get lost in the clutter that will raise hell with our fleet.

Right, but I am sure the US is not the only country tracking them. The Brits have a pretty good naval program as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

North Korea seems just a giant Merry-go-round. Its the same song and dance and its so repetative. Honesty, I think lil Kim is going to huff and puff 'til he blows his OWN house down. I feel horrible for the citizens of N.K. I wonder if they're acting extra ballsy because they know their allies are a force to reckon with. I also wonder how long Iran, Russia, and China will keep backing Kim while he sits on his high horse threatening the West with a nuclear assault.

I've had to tell my friends to shut the hell up sometimes when they're acting a fool and if they refused to take my advice and end up getting into a fight because of it then it's their fault. We'd still be friends, but I wouldn't be throwing punches for him when he dug his own grave.

I just wish this fear mongering of a second cold war would just end already. North Korea leaders, put up or shut up.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm not so sure that China is serious about reigning in North Korea.

Doesn't North Korea get most of its supplies through China? How did they get the weapons that they have? North Korea depends on China for its survival, and I doubt they would really go against China's wishes.

It seems that China is often two-faced in its relations with the rest of the world. They may be going along with the UN resolutions in theory, but have they really been following through with actions? China portrays a country that wants to do business with the rest of the world, and that they want to be part of the world economy. But what they really do is exploit and steal patents, work their own people as slaves which undermines the economy of other countries, and employ hackers to be sneaky, stealing and disrupting other economies from within their own information systems. They are trying to put themselves into a position to run the world, and other than fuel dependence, they may be very close to this goal.

If anything, if North Korea is shown to be a serious threat, and China is the one who jumps in to save the day, it may be more of a ploy to make the rest of the world more under the control of China. After all, if China is the one keeping the trigger finger off of the North Korea nukes, what will stop them from using that to hold the US hostage for years to come?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Time for China to step in and tell Un to pack it in right now. However it may well be that China is now being ignored by North Korea

Solution to all of this? Un has expressed an interest in Basketball and Dennis Rodeman has just visted. How about setting up a match between North and South Korea, one in Seoul and the other in North Korea. That way nobody dies and hopefully cooler heads and common sense prevails!

Worrying times indeed though.

China controls everything North Korea does period. When China wants a distraction they tell lil kim to raise hell. If the U.S. were smart they would hit all the Chinese nuclear sites right now and get it over with. China has already told NK to attack the south so they can distract the U.S. so they can take down Taiwan and all the surrounding islands.

How do you even know China told NK that??

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nothing more dangerous for the world than a nation of paranoid self-absorbed people armed with the most devastating arsenal of weapons many of whom are desperately hoping for an end of the world so that they can live forever in their heaven.

Hope DPRK does have enough nukes to give them their hearts desire. Time to nuke the US and wipe out as much of it as possible!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

They have 3 classes of subs.

Old Diesel Electric Romeo Class subs with only torpedoes. (20 in service)

Newer Sang - O class submarines that are diesel electric with only torpedoes (40 in service)

Mini-Subs including the Yano-class with only torpedoes.

They might still have the "Whiskey" class subs from the Soviets which did have 7 cruise missiles. These are from the late 1940's to early 1950's and are diesel electric. All are supposedly retired or scrapped.

These are all very noisy boats in the water and are no match for current submarine technology.....however...even a blind squirrel can find an acorn once and a while.

I don't think we'll see any nuclear cruise missiles overhead anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

My definition of them being "slapped", would be to do something that makes them realise you cant send out idle threats of all out nuclear war. Sanctions obviously arent working.
NK worries me, they seem to think that theyre above what the rest of the world stands for, and i wonder if its because theyve been allowed to spew these idle threats unchallenged. China, if what we read is true, have also told them to calm the rhetoric. This doesnt seem to have worked as more threats have came from them since.

How far do we let them go?, do we wait and see if they strike first.

NK's past should be enough to tell us they will try something.

Why wait till its too late is all im saying.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Let's play Stratego

What in case of nuclear strikes on borders, from our side, to destroy the other side's deffence on borders, where it is the strongest? After that, tanks and aviation thru the contaminated area... Etc...

STEAL THIS IDEA!
edit on 3/17/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

edit on 3/17/2013 by dragnik because: formatting text

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join