It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in the sky in Clearfield, Utah March 16th 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That sounded like a clear approach, peak and fade of something going over? Am I misunderstanding it? Something flying over you didn't see maybe? (or couldn't see?)

That does kind of sound like something approaching and fading away, but look at the sky, it looks pretty clear so I think if something was overhead, the OP should have seen it (also it sounds pretty big if it was some kind of plane at least in my opinion ).. Well unless it was cloaked somehow ..

edit on 16/3/13 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Having been a witness to this phenomenon myself I can tell you that when you live close to any type of military base ( I live about 5 miles from one ) you get very familiar with the sounds of various aircraft, and the ability to discern a "strange sound" from that of usual aircraft is pretty easy. If the OP says that this is an "unusual" sound, you can probably bet that it's not of any "normal" aircraft.

OP, nice catch....looks like luck was on your side.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I did not see anything at all. I found it strange that the birds did not seem to react to the sound .They just kept chirpping and going about their business. I was kind of freaked out and was ready to run into the house. IAs it got louder I took a couple steps up my porch, I was ready to go inside. I guess these city birds are used to loud noises.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
directional sound waves
you can only hear them if you are positioned within the directional range parameters

the military has had it weaponized for who knows how long, but I do know that it was used in Desert Storm

now, whartever reason they are testing it here for, I'll leave that up to personal speculation.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Interesting, I will have to research this. Thank you for the info and food for thought

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
by the vibration pattern you can tell that it has to be some sort of motor. Break it down by a sound program and you will see their is a pattern.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

Thanks OP

creepy sounds

and people still think everything is going to be just fine

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Great video. It would help to grab someone in the house as well. But I imagine this was hard enough to get as it is.

Being skeptical of these reports, several times I have pulled up the phone numbers to businesses in the immediate area where sounds have been reported, such as Dollar Stores, or Denny's Restaurants, or Waffle House's. You will get better information there, than if you call the local university, sadly. I usually call at the lighter part of the day, apologize to the hourly worker who answers, that I am going to waste a little bit of their time with some questions - if that is OK - about the noises being heard in the area, and wanted to talk with an honest person about whether they are real or not.

So far, I called on cases in Wisconsin, Alabama, Seattle, Georgia and Ohio. So far, every single one has been confirmed either first hand, or by knowing an immediate family member who witnessed the sound. In the Wisconsin case in late 2012, I called a Dollar General and spoke to Rita. Rita said that the sound was so loud and the impact so jarring, that a couple items fell off the shelves and all the metal in the store slammed as if a stick of dynamite had gone off just outside. It happened twice.

I usually yawn at plausible deniability trashionality from fake skeptics, but will absolutely listen if a skeptic does his footwork/data collection. In the end, armchair and bookshelf SSkepticism is of no use to anyone but the person pontificating it.

Glad to have these first hand accounts coming in.

edit on 17-3-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm in West Valley and I heard similar sounds a few days ago. On top of that it felt like there was some vibration in the air or something. It was also mid-day.

I heard similar noises last summer, late summer, too.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by nkultra

With Hill AFB right there, you don't think it was a connection to the base?

You hear noises and planes all the time - never heard anything like this before. I heard the same noise and I'm about 25-30 miles south of this.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
thanks for sharing, you can only gather so much info via a youtube video on the internet.. The sound is strange, only thing I have ever heard similar is machinery near industrial zones..

It sounds like a electrical machine making the sound, but who knows..

Its weird to say the least, would love the latitude and longitude of the location this was recorded..

Yet with all the crazy abnormal things I have seen and heard its possible to be something just not normal..

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Real? Idk

I moved from clearfield about five months ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am about an hour north of you and heard this maybe 2 weeks ago. It was weird because it kinda reverberated in the air and made me feel a bit nauseated.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

sounds like those directional sound equipment things for crowd control we used in Iraq... good find OP

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Hill also does depot level maintenance on other aircraft. That's why you'll see transports hang out there.

Also other squadrons will deploy there to use Eagle Test Range and other reindeer games in Tooele.

So it's not just F-16s.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My dad lives in clearfield, I will have to hit him up tomorrow morning and see if he heard anything. He was doing yard work all day so it's a good bet he could have. I'll let you know.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It didn't sound like a Doppler shift to me. It sounded like it go louder then stopped. If I had to guess, I think it was an audio feedback loop to some speakers. If you drew a line of bearing from the point of the obsever (you) in the direction you think it was coming from into the horizon, plus two more lines that are +/- 10 degrees to either side, what does that triangle encompass?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

Prop plane? Power lines? HAARP? Who cares.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have yet to witness these " sound shows"...

Cmon sounds wave over to CA, LA.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This is just a thought.. could these be correlated with solar flare activity? Just the other day there was a big one. I saved the picture of it as I do most of them that I see on SOHO. Is that even possible? We would hear the friction basically between our "spheres" and the gamma rays. Like mass against mass friction, creating these sounds.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join