It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in the sky in Clearfield, Utah March 16th 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Possible leaf blower...?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It's really odd how it fades in and then out. It's really awesome you caught it with your camera so fast! & I hope your headache is just a coincidence
but you never know unfortunately.
I'm dying to know what caused the sound! I'm so curious and not knowing will drive me nuts

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Sounds like they are testing a drone at military base nearby? Not a good sign. Otherwise I have no idea what would cause such a loud noise in that kind of environment.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

Maybe they are testing some kind of warning alarm type sound system. Call the air base near you and ask them what they're playing at ?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

Great find OP! I can confirm this was not from Hill AFB though. As mentioned earlier we do have 2 squadrons of F-16s on that base as well as other aircraft that fly in for depot maintenance. Our warning system did not go off this weekend at all so we can rule that out. However, im not sure when the video was created. On Wednesday's at noon the early warning system goes off as a test but it doesnt sound like that at all. Very strange sound you captured and i will be looking into that for sure! Hope we can figure out what it was.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

Sounds like one of those air raid signals, that drank too much of the Kool-Aide.

Seriously though, that is some strange stuff. Thanks for sharing...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well, I checked in with my friends in Layton(who know what a conspiracy nut I am) and they said;
Zombie apocalypse
Aliens
My friend "T" clearing his throat.

Sorry, no confirmation on my end.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

Sander, router or other piece of wood working equipment. Note the open garage door across the street. Just my initial impression. Wood working is the context where I have heard this sound before.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There are actually references to sounds (like horn blows/trumpets) in the sky in the Bible, in Corinthians and Revelation.
It is said that every time one of these sounds are heard there is an event about to take place, for example; signs in the sky, natural disasters and other phenomena.
Oddly enough, ever since these sounds started there have been major signs of global change, especially in recent years and last year.

Just something to consider. The mere possibility of a biblical prophecy should at least be taken into account and studied... I mean, wouldn't that make life so much more interesting?

Interesting times we are living in indeed. Tsunamis, earthquakes, sink holes, meteors, meteorites and asteroids, solar flares, floods and droughts, pesticides, bug swarms, famines, wars and rumors of war, economical collapse, pope resignation, Obama's second term as president, increase in UFO sightings, dead marine animals washing up on shores around the world etc.

One can only speculate where this is going.. :-)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And no one was actively looking for the sound . . .
It reminds me of how raccoons will stand in the road at night wondering what those two white lights are heading towards them.

Walk down the street and see what's up.
Wood works makes sense.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The ground/atmosphere has been vibrating where I'm living in northeast Arizona for a few weeks now. Most of the time it is very subtle and barely noticeable, but at times very intense. There is no obvious pattern that I am aware of, such as becoming more intense at certain times of the day or night. The fact of the matter is that if I didn't live in such a quiet place, I probably wouldn't even notice it except during the most intense times. And even then I might write it off as a large truck, plane, wind, etc.

A couple of weeks ago, I was eating lunch in quiet solitude and the vibrating became very exaggerated. I felt like I was sitting on one of those old coin operated hotel beds. Think Bugs Bunny when the highway was being built around his rabbit hole. This increase in intensity coincided with a rumbling noise coming from the sky that sounded something like a giant vacuum cleaner going overhead. This persisted for a couple of hours before gradually returning to the previous level of intensity, minus the vacuum type noise. Sometimes it reaches a resonance that tickles my eardrums, if you can imagine that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
NKultra, Yes, I heard that sound also while riding road bicycle just south of Millville [ south of Logan about four or five miles along the mountain bench ] Saturday around noonish or so. I'm retired U.S. Air Force and for a moment it sounded just like a C-5A Galaxy spooled-up to full power at take-off. Very unique sound. I stopped and looked overhead and around but could not locate the source. It only lasted a moment. It was not real loud but certainly something out of the ordinary. I only hear or read about this stuff here on ATS but i'll be dammed ! It happened to me !!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nkultra

An earlier member mentioned the need to prepare for the onslaught of suggestions that point toward a possible sound mis-identification, it's true. It seems that you have not had to deal with that too much, everyone seems to be doing their best to help you reveal the true source.

I've heard strange sky noises in East Tennessee, U.S.A., periodically, over the past several months or so. Your recording isn't really close to the same as what I've heard here, but it's not 100% incomparable to those heard here either.

Like you have heard by now, I too have heard the many different suggestions from others who are trying to help identify the odd noise. Some suggestions have been compelling, but others are obviously not linked to what I heard.

I really don't know what you have captured in your recording, but I am glad you were able to capture it's audio and the weather environment in the video.

I wish I could do more, but the most I can do is offer my impression of your audio;

My first impression made me think of what an active, or 'live', electrical cable might sound like if it were submerged into water.

(it also reminded me of what one of those blue-light, 'bug zapping' lamps sound like when they are powered on, but on a much, much, much larger scale)

Then it reminded me of the sound produced by a faulting electrical transformer. It gave me the impression that there was a transformer on a power pole shorting out, getting ready the 'flash out'. -

I wish I could give a better description of my idea, but hopefully you will understand what I'm trying to compare it to - or maybe someone else who reads this can help me better articulate my thoughts.

I do hope that your neighbors, friends, family, and yourself are in no sort of physical danger, but also, I do hope you have the opportunity to experience the phenomena again - as repeated experiences may help pinpoint the exact identity and source of the strange sound.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nocheechako

My dad was a airforce pilot. You say there is base nearby. It kind of sounds like a c5 taking off or landing a little different though. Good catch though thanks for uploading.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Noticed someone discounted your video. Well in the last year and a half, my wife heard these sounds south of our home. Once in the night and again ealy morning. South of our home is mangrove swamps and then a large bay with nothing out there but miles of gulf water and no large boats, water depth about twelve ft.

I did not hear this as the military in the 50's destroyed my hearing and I don't sleep with hearing aid inserted. They do happen and as you can see, nothing south of us to produce these sounds. She did not believe either until this.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That is a weird sound isn't it? I hear an unusual sound all the time in Philly, it sounds like a huge jet engine at ground level that completely surrounds and sounds like it's coming from all directions.
As the earlier poster said that in the videos no one else seems to notice the sounds, well that 's my experience here too. The first time I heard the sound I stopped in the street looking all around, not one other person even noticed it.
I guess most people are too wrapped up in their own thoughts, plugged into music or busy looking at their iphones

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have to agree with those saying it sounds like a C5, The F138 engines have a sound of their own.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Having just watched a couple of YouTube clips of a C5 taking off, the sound is almost identical to the video the OP posted.

King
edit on 17/3/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/3/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
Possible leaf blower...?

or a power saw of some type?

I was thinking both.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
IMHO that C5 sound is not even close, it sounds like more of a Vibration. From what not sure yet but good find Thank you op, good catch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join