It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by malchir

When I died that didn't happen to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by SteveR

I know the answer. Just want to know if he does.

Why..?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Was good.

I told you all about it. Now your turn. The good parts.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi 11118,

do you think that everybody has a free will or is this something which we have to work on (or we don't possess)? In an other way formulated: Is the future already set or are we free to create our own future?
Are we so strong determined by outside influences of the surrounding world that free will doesn't exist? Some scientists even say that humans are like a machine where electrons, protons and else work like the parts of an engine of a car.

And thanks for the previous answers to my questions.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Accordionist

'There is no fate, no destiny. You are just trying to dump your responsibility on something which does not exist. And because it does not exist, it cannot resist you; it cannot say, "Please don’t dump your responsibility on me!” God is silent, you can dump anything on him – no resistance, because there is nobody to resist.'
-Osho
edit on 18-4-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

"What we are looking for is what is looking."
St. Francis of Assisi

I thought that Benjamin Smythe was the only one to say that!

We could also add: 'That' which is looking isn't seeing until it stops seeking.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
'That' which is looking isn't seeing until it stops seeking.

'That' which is seeing is never not seeing.
It gets overlooked.
The truth is hidden in the plain fact of seeing.
The truth is hidden in plain sight.
edit on 19-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

'That' which is seeing can be obscured by its own subjectivity.

edit on 19-4-2013 by D1ss1dent because: for the rest of what you wrote, I agree.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

'That' which is seeing can be obscured by its own subjectivity.

edit on 19-4-2013 by D1ss1dent because: for the rest of what you wrote, I agree.

What is meant by 'it's own subjectivity'?
Would you mind elaborating a little please?
edit on 19-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

What is meant by 'it's own subjectivity'?

'That' has the ability to see clearly but also can project fantasies (with the mind) that will not reflect reality.

edit on 19-4-2013 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

The moving image (that is seen by 'that') can consist of thoughts that tell a story of other times and other happenings but it is still happening in 'that' as 'that'.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I like threads like this and thank you for the opportunity.

Question:

Does the physical even exist? To be more specific.....is this "life" just like the Matrix quote that says this is just the "mental projection of your digital self"?

Or the mental projection of our spiritual self?

Thanks!

The physical exists as an illusion. It is really only a byproduct of consciousness and cannot exist without consciousness or awareness. The physical may not be true reality but your experience of it is real and you can choose to express your reality in the illusion.

As I've said before how one defines physicality is how it shall express itself.

I would like to add on here some words:
Subject illusion: At the fact that you do not feel comfortable in the present “duality” you notice best that this is not your natural state.
This is one of the reasons that spiritual apprenticeships say that this “reality” is not real, but an illusion. However, I must contradict that: The world in which the human lives is the world of the human. This “false world” is our training field to perceive the being, because everything what surrounds us we perceive in relation to what we are. You are happiest if you feel merged with “All This Is”. You will not too often be able to reach this state, however, it conveys moments of absolute peace for you. This is also the reason, why we nothing await eagerly than to return to the source.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The moving image (that is seen by 'that') can consist of thoughts that tell a story of other times and other happenings but it is still happening in 'that' as 'that'.

I totally agree.
I have the strong impression that we're on the same wavelength... The only inconvenient here is language (something that what we're talking about, 'That', doesn't require).

edit on 19-4-2013 by D1ss1dent because: ...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by Hopechest
What is the nature of our soul?

thanks!

The soul stream can be seen as a stream of your experience which has created who you are. It is your "identity" and its nature is eternity.

Experience has not created who you are. Rather the existence and life of the soul defines who you are. So when God creates souls each one has the first perfection namely existence.

The soul is the union of the material, which is the body and the spiritual which is the spirit and the union of the two is called the soul. So when you die you will be a spirit like the angels and God but not the soul.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I am not sure if it is a false memory or something.. .like that or not but I suspect I tried to or did curse law of attraction because I am so annoyed by this whole idea of thoughts having power which.. ... .leads to have magical thinking ocd,now can I still use law of attraction-like stuffs like.. ... .trying to destroy any curses if they exist by saying destroy them in my mind?.. .

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker
I am not sure if it is a false memory or something.. .like that or not but I suspect I tried to or did curse law of attraction because I am so annoyed by this whole idea of thoughts having power which.. ... .leads to have magical thinking ocd,now can I still use law of attraction-like stuffs like.. ... .trying to destroy any curses if they exist by saying destroy them in my mind?.. .

What is a 'curse'? Better yet, what gives you the idea that you are under the influence of one?
edit on 27-4-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Q) What did the Dalai Lama say to the New York hot dog vender?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

BDBinc
Q) What did the Dalai Lama say to the New York hot dog vender?

Answer: Make me one with everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join