It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
We do not know what God is; but we know that it is impossible that He should not be and the theory just stated is in contradiction with His most essential attributes. It confounds the Creator with the creation, precisely as though we should consider an ingenious machine to be an integral portion of the mechanician who invented it.
The intelligence of God is revealed in His works, as is that of a painter in his picture; but the works of God are no more God Himself than the picture is the artist who conceived and painted it.
_kardec
edit on 27-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
dBLE post

edit on 27-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I actually have a question for the OP... I've been having really depressing thoughts about our lives being pointless. I get that we're supposed to be happy, but why is that good enough? It just feels like a means to and end even though there is no end.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarryTZ
I actually have a question for the OP... I've been having really depressing thoughts about our lives being pointless. I get that we're supposed to be happy, but why is that good enough? It just feels like a means to and end even though there is no end.

Feel that you are needed in this world. Your small interactions with people direct or indirect play a major role in the continuity of existence. Know that you are very important and have the ability to have profound affects to reality. We all go up and down. God leaves man free to choose his road; so much the worse for him if he takes the wrong one; his pilgrimage will be all the longer. If there were no mountains, man could not comprehend the possibility of ascending and descending; if there were no rocks, he could not understand that there are such things as hard bodies. It is necessary for the spirit to acquire experience; and, to that end, he must know both good and evil. It is for this purpose that souls are united to bodies.

It is necessary for him to be sent into the conditions which will furnish the elements of the trial he has demanded. To this end, there must be a correspondence between the imperfection of which he desires to free himself, and the social surroundings into which he is born. For example, if he has to struggle against the instinct of brigandage, it is necessary for him to be thrown among brigands
- Kardec

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Do you have pre-incarnate memory?

If So, What do you remember?

What density do you 'come from'?

How would you describe the nature of that density?

What is your understanding of the mechanics of 'time'. rather the illusion of past and future...how do we experience past and future? (ex: I was a small child and am now an adult)...can you explain the 'mechanics' of how I moved from that experience to this one?

What does the sun represent metaphysically?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZacharyW
Do you have pre-incarnate memory?

If So, What do you remember?

With each new existence a spirit becomes more intelligent, and better able to distinguish between good and evil. Where would be his freedom if he remembered all his past? When a spirit reenters his primitive life (the spirit-life), his whole past unrolls itself before him.

He sees the faults which he has committed, and which are the cause of his suffering, and he also sees what would have prevented him from committing them; he comprehends the justice of the situation which is assigned to him, and he then seeks out the new existence that may serve to repair the mistakes of the one which has just passed away.

He demands new trials analogous to those in which he has failed, or which he considers likely to aid his advancement; and he demands of the spirits who are his superiors to aid him in the new task he is about to undertake, for he knows that the spirit who will be appointed as his guide in that new existence will endeavor to make him cure himself of his faults by giving him a sort of intuition of those he has committed in the past. This intuition is the evil thought, the criminal desire, which often come to you, and which you instinctively resist, attributing your resistance to the principles you have received from your parents, while it is due in reality to the voice of your conscience; and that voice is the reminiscence of your past, warning you not to fall again into the faults you have already committed. He who, having entered upon a new existence, undergoes its trials with fortitude, and resists its temptations to wrong-doing, rises in the hierarchy of spirits, and takes a higher place when he returns into the normal life."

If we have not an exact remembrance, during our corporeal life, of what we have been, and of the good or evil we have done, in our preceding existences, we have the intuition of our past, of which we have a reminiscence in the instinctive tendencies that our conscience, which is the desire we have conceived to avoid committing our past faults in the future, warns us to resist.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Yes I don't doubt when all is one, it is one giant feedback loop.
Maybe its just my ideas and concepts( of God) that are sticking on this, for how can we describe the indescribable with our words and (mis)understanding? In duality.
I am just confused on the proposed idea of God that is less than perfection, whom creates not for the joy of creation but with loneliness as a motivation.
I do not know why this thought bothers me so much.
In my experience of God he is wonderful, (he is so funny), in fact He is everything that I understand to be perfect.

In humor yes, what drives irony, the sardonic, satire; a seaching of/for oneself and where It/We fit in all creation. Why would God not experience the same thing; again It is us We are it. As I see it only through humor can one bypass the egocentric mind and reach a type of formulai that ALLOWS for introspection. No one should take anything too seriously as this is a profound game of finding ourselves in a (seemingly) Godless World.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Did you say you agree and you think God perfect in humor ? Surely you do not think His perfection is limited to satire and irony?
Devotion, faith & service can also bypass the egocentric mind and reach a type of formula that allows for introspection/Self discovery .As we have many different paths that suit our different ego /predispositions .

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Did you say you agree and you think God perfect in humor ? Surely you do not think His perfection is limited to satire and irony?
Devotion, faith & service can also bypass the egocentric mind and reach a type of formula that allows for introspection/Self discovery .As we have many different paths that suit our different ego /predispositions .

Yes. I think satire and irony is a good start, as to not become the dictator some believe it is, some wriggle room in the "I am omnipisant" realm. I dont see it having limited itself, just contained its potencial wrath (whos to blame but itself for failures). Every one of us has a uniquely individualized path; point being to recognise yourself as the creation of a Creator that allows us to also create its own earthly experience (pick your word-salvation, enlightenment) is the afterthought.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
vet, have you read the ra material? do you believe in channeling, is it possible?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The "I am omnipisant" does not leave wiggle room, nor any limitations.
You think this limited, not omnipresent, God is wrathful ?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

God is omnipresent and is not limited.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsJUSTzo
vet, have you read the ra material? do you believe in channeling, is it possible?

I have not read the ra material but Yes I do believe in channeling, I am the Being Origin, talking through vet. I am Source Entities Creator. Why do you ask? (vethumanbeing= 1. the vetting of the human, 2. a veteran of the human beingness). Dont tell anyone or my cover will be blown.
edit on 28-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The "I am omnipisant" does not leave wiggle room, nor any limitations.
You think this limited, not omnipresent, God is wrathful ?

The creator of our creator? No. However, Its child was corrupt and failed as the admistrator/manager of this world; was re-assigned (gotten rid of) and the whole debacle of 400,000 years is being rectified.
edit on 28-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

A lot of my struggling is probably because I'm clinging to my ego. I'm still in high school, so I feel like I have all these obligations I have to fulfill. I know intellectually that obligation is only an illusion, but I have people relying on me and I can't just not go.
Every time my mom nags at me about homework, my heart just sinks because it means nothing to me anymore, even though it's so important to her.
I can't even enjoy those little moments getting high with friends and talking about how #ed up the world is... they used to hold so much bitter-sweet meaning to me, but now they seem pointless.
I don't see any purpose in existence anymore... the pursuit of happiness used to be enough, but then I asked myself why it was enough. Like I said in my first post, happiness just seems like a means to a non-existent end. The way I see it, the only thing that happiness brings is the need for more happiness. After I realized this, the illusion broke, and now all I feel is hollow numbness.
I want to be able to live my life again but it seems impossible for me at this point.
edit on 28-3-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I knew it was a misunderstanding.
I thought we were both talking about the One Supreme.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Sounds like the universe is guiding you to change. Its a good thing and what you mention sounds like what many go through. Sounds like your growing up. Its normal. Stay cool Things always get better and experience is waiting around every corner. Sometimes your body like certain physical things but your spirit knows better. Conflict with the flesh and the spirit is a well documented battle.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hi again to all and 11118,

I just read a book called 334‰ lie. In this book, there is described how you can see auras and past lifes. The author says that you have to look in a mirror (or to an other person's face) until you see different images wich you don`t see usually. But you will see them only if you don`t believe that you will see something. This can take a very long time and you have to look on one point for hours without looking to some other points in the space. This technique will allow you to see past lifes and auras. Sounds a little bit strange but it is described in a very good way. The context in the book is that the world is in constant change but you don`t realize it because you didn`t learn how to "really see".
It would interest me if somebody of the users here can see auras or if somebody knows something of such a technique.

@shadow herder: Thank you for your answer. I will watch over this source you gave me when I find enough time.
@11118: Maybe you could give it an answer too, I`m very interested what you have to say on it (look on page 16 at the top).

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Who is your creator entity Yaweh? or
Lucifer?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And I would like to ask the same question of the threadbearer that I asked vethuman, who is your creator entity ?

On my last question you answered about the harvest, so if the human species minds have been imprisoned and they have turned into slaves clearly their free will has been tampered with? If I trained a dog from puppy hood to attack (with incentives for aggression and punishments for its non compliance) it would not be the dogs fault it had been negatively polarized.
These are higher beings that have been conditioning the human species to their specs.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join