It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything regarding spirituality and I will answer humbly

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Thank you for your advice. It is greatly appreciated. And thanks to everyone else

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

This simple noticing moment to moment is a kind of awakening that what is arising is not necessary for our core existence as awareness. That understanding alone in any given moment can be very freeing and the basis on which a greater depth can be felt into and recognized.

vethumanbeing
That awareness would be living precisely in 'the moment' not a second before or beyond. This is tricky and it seems the Eastern has conquered the timing with meditation techniques, not so the Westerners. Your explaination is good, and for some reason during the vivid dreamtime it is nowhere more apparent for me. Awareness=recognision of (something immediate/instantaneous) a happening so LARGE that can change everything you thought you knew to be true. It is sort of a giving it up to the Universe, or God or whatever is your definition (or causal) describing the event, it could be something so small, the fact you were aware of it (as a direct participant) is a beautiful miracle occuring to potencially grow your soul/spirit.

itsnowagain
It is only the thoughts that give rise to the 'belief' that you cannot be constantly present. Those thoughts arise presently and are known to be arising.
Awareness is ever 'present'. You are awareness. Awareness is - it is the seeing/knowing aspect.
Even in deep sleep there is awareness - but there are no 'things' appearing. In deep sleep 'you' (as a character) do not appear but awareness (your true nature) still is.
On waking there appears light and along with it apparent 'things'. This is when consciousness (wakefulness) happens. Awareness is aware of the light of consciousness - presently - always presently.

Cognitive awareness has 5 physical senses to be filtered through as well as memory (cohesive thought) this is a process and not instantaneous. You are talking of practices/teaching hundreds of years old and though valid are not the normal thinking pattern to the average Westerner. I agree with you, but what you are describing is a very Sublime/subtle type of awareness that requires either the genetic mind/body makeup or years of rigorous study. Perhaps as an abstract could be understood by a layperson, if they cared to understand Light/Awareness/Enlightment are the same part and parcel of understanding the nature of BEINGNESS.

itsnowagain
How can you be 'aware' of 5 minutes ago? You might have 'thoughts' about 5 minutes ago (that you are aware of now) but you cannot hear or see 5 minutes ago.
Seeing and hearing happen presently. Everything happens presently.
This is presence

Not aware of the five minutes ago, it is a rememberance of it. Seeing and hearing all things happening presently simoultainiously is next to impossible because of the distractions attached to again the 5 senses (is that a lion approaching, lookout the volcanos errupting again, who is texting me now). I say it is near impossible to attain complete awareness unless you are in a somnombulistic state.
edit on 1-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

You are very welcome.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

itsnowagain
It is only the thoughts that give rise to the 'belief' that you cannot be constantly present. Those thoughts arise presently and are known to be arising.
Awareness is ever 'present'. You are awareness. Awareness is - it is the seeing/knowing aspect.
Even in deep sleep there is awareness - but there are no 'things' appearing. In deep sleep 'you' (as a character) do not appear but awareness (your true nature) still is.
On waking there appears light and along with it apparent 'things'. This is when consciousness (wakefulness) happens. Awareness is aware of the light of consciousness - presently - always presently.

Cognitive awareness has 5 physical senses to be filtered through as well as memory (cohesive thought) this is a process and not instantaneous. You are talking of practices/teaching hundreds of years old and though valid are not the normal thinking pattern to the average Westerner. I agree with you, but what you are describing is a very Sublime/subtle type of awareness that requires either the genetic mind/body makeup or years of rigorous study. Perhaps as an abstract could be understood by a layperson, if they cared to understand Light/Awareness/Enlightment are the same part and parcel of understanding the nature of BEINGNESS.

In science, 'cognition' is a group of mental processes that includes attention, memory, producing and understanding language, learning, reasoning, problem solving, and decision making.
'Cognition' is a 'mental' process.
Do you need thoughts to hear and see?
Does a new born baby have the ability to 'think'? A new born baby can see and hear and feel but it has not 'learned' words or language yet so does not have the ability to 'think' about 5 minutes ago - it is only 'aware' of now. A new born baby has no 'idea' about anything - it is just sensing the environment.
Awareness has to be there for you to know there is a thought occurring. The thought is not awareness - the knowing that a thought is occurring is awareness.
The belief that 'awareness' needs practicing is complete rubbish. Does a baby have to practice awareness - no it is pure awareness, just like a cat that sits with it's ears twitching, it hears everything because it is not 'lost in thought'.
Humans are lost in thought - lost in time.

You are being - but because you believe in time you believe you are 'becoming'.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

itsnowagain
How can you be 'aware' of 5 minutes ago? You might have 'thoughts' about 5 minutes ago (that you are aware of now) but you cannot hear or see 5 minutes ago.
Seeing and hearing happen presently. Everything happens presently.
This is presence

Not aware of the five minutes ago, it is a rememberance of it. Seeing and hearing all things happening presently simoultainiously is next to impossible because of the distractions attached to again the 5 senses (is that a lion approaching, lookout the volcanos errupting again, who is texting me now). I say it is near impossible to attain complete awareness unless you are in a somnombulistic state.
edit on 1-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

What is appearing now is all there is to see and hear and sense. If there is a thought appearing that speaks of 5 minutes ago - that is what is in awareness. What happened 5 minutes ago is gone - where is it?? You might have a memory of 5 minutes ago but it is only appearing as a memory. But that memory is seen by awareness presently.

The mind will not get this because the mind can only work with stories about other times and places - the mind can't see now. The mind can't see at all - it just tells stories which awareness 'see and hears''.
What is it that notices thoughts and sensations?

No wonder so many are lost when they don't even know what awareness is.
Awareness is ever present but gets overlooked because it is what is 'looking'.

"What we are looking for is what is looking."
St. Francis of Assisi

Here is a video that might help you recognize 'awareness'.
youtu.be...
edit on 2-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Does a new born baby have the ability to 'think'? A new born baby can see and hear and feel but it has not 'learned' words or language yet so does not have the ability to 'think' about 5 minutes ago - it is only 'aware' of now. A new born baby has no 'idea' about anything - it is just sensing the environment.
Awareness has to be there for you to know there is a thought occurring. The thought is not awareness - the knowing that a thought is occurring is awareness.
The belief that 'awareness' needs practicing is complete rubbish. Does a baby have to practice awareness - no it is pure awareness, just like a cat that sits with it's ears twitching, it hears everything because it is not 'lost in thought'. Humans are lost in thought - lost in time.

A newborn is HELPLESS and totally unaware (that is not a good reference point). The others are fine. I agree with you on all other suppostions. We are all in the state of becoming.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The belief that 'awareness' needs practicing is complete rubbish. Does a baby have to practice awareness - no it is pure awareness, just like a cat that sits with it's ears twitching, it hears everything because it is not 'lost in thought'. Humans are lost in thought - lost in time.

A newborn is HELPLESS and totally unaware (that is not a good reference point). The others are fine. I agree with you on all other suppostions. We are all in the state of becoming.

A newborn is helpless, however, it still sees and hears - it is aware but it has no 'ideas - no 'idea' of any thing else than what is actually happening. A baby sees movement and looks into the eyes of the mother - how could it do this if it were not aware? I will ask you again - do you need thought and reason to see and hear??

You (believe you) are in a state of 'becoming' but I have realized 'being'. You believe you are an individual that can 'become more' that is waiting for more - yet this is already complete and whole.
To be or not to be??
You have to 'be' to even see the question!!

'Becoming' is an awfully painful state to be in (hell), it feels like there is something missing, something lost. This makes for seeking - looking for something to fill the hole, looking for something to make it better - it makes for greed and need. That hole cannot be filled with what is not (something that is 'not' present) - it can only be filled with what is.
The realization of 'being' is heaven. The hole is filled with what is present.. It is whole. It is this - it is one.

Did you watch the video to get a better understanding of what 'awareness' is?
edit on 3-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

What does thou seek to know, the nature of a soul is determined by spirit, for soul is the binding between spirit and flesh.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

The fruits reveal the type of tree it comes from.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I cannot believe you think I am a newborn. This is not about NAIVES, to me your suppositions are childs play and I am not a child needing to be taught about "a state of being". You are not listening; you are saturated with rote comment and do not realise the indiviual by nature experiences a different awakening (for a reason). Those differences are what is most important and why; because all together descibes the whole (hidden).

edit on 3-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I never said you were a newborn.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
It is hard at first to cultivate a genuine love and appreciation for life - especially in your current state. When you consciously find within the present moment the love in each situation you begin to build upon the seeing of that love. The first conscious choice to find this love is the foundation and the second empowers the first, the third empowers the two before it, etc...

It takes practice and will to begin to acquire this perspective and like a snow ball effect, the more you attempt to see the more clearer and easier it becomes.

I really like this. Can you expand on it?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I never said you were a newborn.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

What are you saying, I am saying you havent listenned to the last 3 posts I have answered; it is inconceivable that (perhaps not) thoughtful diatribe is rolled over with your think tank; no allowances just a thrust thought continueum allowing for no further conversation.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Namaste my friends!

I have not been around a computer or the internet for quite a while as I've been on the other side of the equator in South America enjoying an adventure in nature with a few of my Shaman friends. Nature seemed to be far more densely packed with life and diversity there. The lesson(s) and experience(s) of my trip have given me even more insight on who I am and I am so very thankful to have been able to be a part of it.

I will try to answer a few questions tonight.

Originally posted by simplyLOVE
reply to post by 11118

Tell me the meaning of this parable, i say this to test you and if you answer correctly I will then put my actual question to you:

There were two roofers, they both had ladders to get to the roof, but one of them carried his ladder with him even when he was at the top fixing the roof, the other left his ladder and went about his job on the roof much more easily because he didn't have to accomodate for the ladder.

If you can tell me what this is a metaphor for then I will believe the validity of your wisdom

I shall answer with a somewhat metaphorical analogy.

To the disciplined entity, all things are open and free. The discipline which opens the universes opens also the gateways to evolution. The difference is that of choosing either to hitchhike to a place where beauty may be seen or to walk, step by step, independent and free in this independence to praise the strength to walk and the opportunity for the awareness of beauty.

The hitchhiker, instead, is distracted by conversation and the vagaries of the road and, dependent upon the whims of others, is concerned to make the appointment in time. The hitchhiker sees the same beauty but has not prepared itself for the establishment, in the roots of mind, of the experience.

In other words, one who limits themselves to a condition whereby to achieve a desire will struggle and have hardships. Whereas one who sees the potential to achieve a desire, without needing to satisfy the certain condition, will achieve the desire with ease and without concern.

In effect, your metaphor accurately describe the extremely common event whereby those who try to move forward and grow become sluggish in their journey by keeping with them trivial and unimportant concepts and "baggage". It is like the baby bird who clings to its nest while its mother pushes it to fly.

The roofer who does not carry his ladder leaves it behind knowing that he is already where he needs to be. The disciplined one finds the destination in the present moment for they already know they are exactly where they need to be.

edit on 7-4-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Accordionist
Hi 11118,

thank you for your service. In return, I will offer you the service to give me a service by answering my questions. ;-)

1. Could you give me - if possible - a definition of the term love? Everybody talks about it but nobody defines it in my experience. I also think that the mainstream comprehension of this term is in some ways corrupted. Maybe you could elaborate on that too.

2. Is the harvest a single event in time (there was often mentioned 21 decembre) or is this more a time period where a change takes place from the material world in a more spiritual world? A shift in consciousness so to say...

3. Can a soul be harvested after one lifetime or does the polarity of all lifetimes count together? What I mean: Do I need just one lifetime with more than 50% service to others or do all my lifetimes count together and I need in sum more than 50%? Karma would then be the rest of polarity in former lifes. Or am I totally wrong with this perception of polarity?

The focusing of Free Will yields Love. Love is the focus of the arrow of will. It is truly that which nourishes, moves, creates, and destroys all of creation. It is known in biblical passages as the Word or Logos.

Every action you make is an action out of Love. The action itself is love.

Think of the first original thought. The desire from the Creator to itself to experience itself. The Creator itself is a focus of infinity into infinite conscious energy with infinite potential. This means the Creator's very essence is Love (the word) and from the central point or focus all other focuses arise and manifest and they too create focuses which manifest more foci and so on. The Original Thought is Love.

When you go to give someone you "love" a hug it is literally love reaching and hugging love. Creator hugging Creator out of Love.

When one fights and harms another there is a focus and this is also Love even though it may seem unrelated to the usual definition of "love".

Even fear is Love. To run from something is to do so for Love of something else - the the reaching towards a desired state mental which is achieved by moving towards a focus and away from another. Fear is merely a distortion of Love as is everything.

Remember it is an unending activity of reaching towards foci; not an object or a condition/state of being.

2. The harvest is now and it is not complete until one walks through the gates to larger life. The harvest is a mass event and also a personal event. The ascension occurs in each entity one at a time and each entity will live there life as it was originally intended by them.

3. You are not marked and graded by a cumulative score on your polarity. Polarity is a state of being-ness. You can be 99% negative and then instantaneously be 99% positively polarized.

To be a positively polarized entity one merely needs to acquire it by consciously being positive and in service to others in a present state in the present moment. The Chakrahs/Energy Centers must be worked on and unblocked and then balanced to achieve such a state this may take many lifetimes or it may be done in a blink of an eye.

edit on 7-4-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Accordionist
Hi 11118,

thank you for your service. In return, I will offer you the service to give me a service by answering my questions. ;-)

4. Do you have any good advise/tipps/techniques how to perform mediation? What is the different between it and silent sitting in a room? For me it is exhausting to sit in a room for a longer time and doing nothing so I never started to do mediation in a serious way. To play on my instrument is very relaxing for me and I get a better connection to my inner self (like meditation should be I think). Is this the reason why music instruments were passed down?

5. Can you talk about the archetypes (what are they exactly)? Where can I learn about this language which is used in dreams? Is there any source which tells me what the meaning behind it is? I know, you have to interpret your dreams in your own perspective but there exists a general meaning of certain images/archetypes in dreams, right?

6. If you have a very bad day, how do you get in this loving and other serving "condition"? I know, the moment contains love but in bad moments, it is very hard to achieve this. I have to face the same challenge like the user Deny777 (top of page 4). I can gather the task intellecually but to adopt it in life makes that probably even harder. I always admire the people which come in a room and make it a little bit more brighter in it. Artists, e. g. musicians, often are in this condition I think. Can you elaborate a little bit more on this?

You already had some very good answers which resonated strong in me. Thanks for that.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Accordionist because: (no reason given)

4. Meditation is achieving silence of the Mind. This means balancing the Mind. Causing the ripples and waves of the infinite ocean of the Mind to become still and serene.

The Mind contains all things and thus each thesis has its anti-thesis. Thus a good technique shall be when an attribute such as sadness arises in the Mind an entity consciously finds happiness in the Mind and when one finds happiness in the Mind an entity consciously finds sadness in the Mind. The result is balancing the two attributes until there is neither "happiness" or "sadness" but merely the I AM presence or stillness of consciousness.

5.Which archetypes do you speak of? An archetype is the universal understanding e.g. the Male Archetype in represents the male essence. For example the male piece of a car part which goes into a female piece of a car part. The Male Archetype does not represent the car part but instead the car part represents a variation of the Male Archetype.

The Tree Archetype represents the universal understanding of a tree - branches, a trunk, roots, etc.... Yet, one tree is not the same as another and there are many variations; yet they are all a universal generalization.

6. It takes practice to achieve an unblocked and open heart in all situations. You have to consciously choose to open the heart and each time you do so you shall crystallize more and more the heart in an open condition making it far more habitual then seldom to act/react from the heart.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by Gumerk
Does our self awareness as we are now end, decrease, or increase after our physical death? If we retain our self awareness are we able to interact with other familiar awareness's? Thnaks

The self-awareness of an individual will not end but in a sense it will decrease and your awareness on a macro-cosmic scale will increase. However, if upon such a thing as instantaneous death the individual doesn't accurately understand they are dead they will contain the same self-awareness of the event(s) before death and repeat the experience(s) until they understand and move on.

You can interact with other familiar awareness's and far more than that. The human incarnation is a very dampened experience by the limits of the physical senses.
edit on 15-3-2013 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

Bogus. Gotta call "synthia browne" on this answer. It's a bogus answer, created by the bogusness of hollywood.

When we die this is what happens;

You leave the your 3rd dimensional body, you retain full consciousness as a spirit, you are greeted by dead friends/family, they give you an update on what the spirit world is all about. No one remains 'stuck' unless they want to, it's a choice. The spirit body looks like your perfect physical body, the spirit world may be in the 5th dimension, it may be in the 6th or 7th dimension we don't know for sure. Like-minded dead people do attract into groups and you will likely see spirits with similar interests gathering just as you may see this in the living world, but because there is no travel fatigue (spirits never get tired and never need to rest) they can easily travel world-wide, the spirit world looks like the physical world but a perfect version of it, just as the spirit looks like a perfect body. I could go into more detail but I won't as no one would listen and it would practically be pearls before swine, pardon the reference, it's just when you have acquired knowledge that so few have and just mention it on a site like this it's taken with a giant grain of salt, as it should be, this site is not a source of spiritual information and anyone who comes here seeking spiritual enlightenment should really seek elsewhere, such as the Creator of the universe.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Would you mind looking in to find the reasons I am withdrawn from my potential?

AAC

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Would you mind looking in to find the reasons I am withdrawn from my potential

Isn't the answer in the question?

How was Switzerland?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I know the answer. Just want to know if he does.

Was good. Could have been great. Drama.

AAC

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join