It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea fires missiles into Sea of Japan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Yes this is exacly what i mean , we all though sadams revolutionary gaurd would pose a more serious threat yet they got steamrolled.

and the US took their time , so i agree the Gloves off aproach would certainly topple this regime.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Now they are telling southern islanders to leave and warned of strikes.

BBC News

Theyre really pushing their luck this time, i think.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thank goodness for internet! I would never know this was happening if I just watched the news on tv. They aren't reporting anything, what the heck?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by sulaw

China and the US are allies - whether the propaganda tells us so or not.

You have got to be kidding. We are ten times closer to Russia than China. We have joint exercises with Russia all the time. North Korea cant fire a firework into the sky without their permission. North Korea was completely over ran by UN forces, it was the Chinese who drove the forces out and allowed Kim to have his country back. The U.S. has even sent another Ohio Class sub into the area to deal with any threat from China or their kid North Korea yet that is quietly being kept hidden from the media. China is going to have North Korea attack the south as a major distraction so China can take Taiwan and the islands claimed by Japan.

Proof of this is the massive movement of Missiles, troops and equipment to the coast off Taiwan in the last two weeks. Though the media say its over Japans claims to some uninhabited Islands. Look what sits just south of these Islands!

U.S. intelligence agencies have detected that China's military is shifting its mobile ballistic missiles to the coast near the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in preparation for war with Japan over the islands. A Hong Kong newspaper, the Oriental Daily News, quotes a military source as saying that the People's Liberation Army were preparing to target the Senkaku islands, as well as U.S. military bases in Okinawa. The report also claims that the multiple-warhead DF-16 missile can defeat the U.S.-made Patriot missile batteries deployed at U.S. and Japanese military bases in the region. The fear is that a small-scale military conflict between Japan and China would spiral into a major war, since the U.S. military are committed by treaty to defending Japan. Free Beacon

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Maybe they are shooting at submarines?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, the sooner they do something, the sooner they will be punished. And NK will be out of the scene. Now I wonder if some hidden figures behind have a plan to use this NK either to distract or for another reason.

Now if more countries join the party, that aint gonna be good, cause someone else such as Islams may decide to act while the west is distracted by the NK problem. All I can say is, let's look at the Illuminati cards
edit on 16-3-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
Now they are telling southern islanders to leave and warned of strikes.

BBC News

Theyre really pushing their luck this time, i think.

End Game if they follow through.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

reply to post by sulaw

China and the US are allies - whether the propaganda tells us so or not.

You have got to be kidding. We are ten times closer to Russia than China. We have joint exercises with Russia all the time. North Korea cant fire a firework into the sky without their permission. North Korea was completely over ran by UN forces, it was the Chinese who drove the forces out and allowed Kim to have his country back. The U.S. has even sent another Ohio Class sub into the area to deal with any threat from China or their kid North Korea yet that is quietly being kept hidden from the media. China is going to have North Korea attack the south as a major distraction so China can take Taiwan and the islands claimed by Japan.

Proof of this is the massive movement of Missiles, troops and equipment to the coast off Taiwan in the last two weeks. Though the media say its over Japans claims to some uninhabited Islands. Look what sits just south of these Islands!

U.S. intelligence agencies have detected that China's military is shifting its mobile ballistic missiles to the coast near the Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in preparation for war with Japan over the islands. A Hong Kong newspaper, the Oriental Daily News, quotes a military source as saying that the People's Liberation Army were preparing to target the Senkaku islands, as well as U.S. military bases in Okinawa. The report also claims that the multiple-warhead DF-16 missile can defeat the U.S.-made Patriot missile batteries deployed at U.S. and Japanese military bases in the region. The fear is that a small-scale military conflict between Japan and China would spiral into a major war, since the U.S. military are committed by treaty to defending Japan. Free Beacon

www.breitbart.com...

Uhm NO

All nations prepare for contingencies and worst case scenarios... also it is in the best interests of China to leave a small nation with Nukes "guessing" as to what role it will take... to a degree the same applies to the USA no one over there wishes to "encourage" activity

None the less... is China an ally? Yes the single biggest issues China has in the region are shared with the USA and they are massive trumps over a few islands off the coast of Japan or USA troops in the Koreas where they already are.

#1 Chinas greatest vulnerability is Oil... right now China receives the vast majority of it's oil via tanker over water, the US Navy can shut down it's oil supply in a heartbeat, the reason so much money came from China through the last decade is because behind closed doors... Syria, Iraq, Iran Afghanistan falling = secure oil PIPE for China, sure at the UN they protest even make a show of helping some of those nations (ally or not who does'nt want a US drone to examine?) none the less... the middle east nations we are attacking are literally the old "silk road" and they are funding us to do so... Be realistic... sure NK keeps the US off their border but we already have a foothold.... a foothold which is far more dangerous if Chinas Oil was cut... Tanks need oil... in a hard choice better we are an inch closer but China has the ability to fight back... there is no war machine without secure oil for China

#2 NK is an economic nightmare for the region...Korea as a whole SHOULD be.... the Center for trade between China, Russia, Japan and the USA, while possession of the region would reap the owner the most benefit, it's existence is still 100x more prosperous for all than non existence... The Russians loose out on development in the region because of Nk, China looses out.... everyone looses big time at this point by NK even existing... The conditions are an embarrassment to all other Asians... what should be a global economic region is stymied by it's presence and no one... not even China can actually trust the regime to not create a nuclear nightmare

Don't live in the cold war era dude

Good cop bad cop is the name of the game

In the end... it's the USA's turn at bad cop atm... but don't forget what the UN security council is.... Russia, China, USA, France/Britain = EU

5 Nations have carte blanche rule over the world... our issues with each other involve the selling of arms via proxy states and the game of divide and conquer

when push comes to shove.... NK is NOT an NWO nation

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
Bet your bottom dollar that it won't be the US or South Korea who squashes this if North Korea poses a truly imminent threat to South Korea, Japan, the USA or any allies of the West or China even. China will march right across that border and hand North Korea it's behind on a fire breathing dragon platter swiftly and quickly. China is the one who has everything to lose if North Korea goes beyond posturing. North Korea is professed as a proxy state for China but not when it comes to China's National Security with the potential of economic turmoil and breach of sovereign and regional security border lines. China will not permit the West or it's allies to encroach any further into it's territory or allow the excuse to do so either. I promise that China will kick the ever living crap out of North Korea rapidly and occupy it before China will allow any such true threat of war to occur. It's all rhetoric right now.

It was Russia that invaded North Korea in WW2 and it was the US that invaded South Korea in 1945 (when Japan surrendered) to stop the Soviet advance. Previously, Japan had invaded Korea in the 19th century and fought with Russia in the 1904 war to gain dominance of the peninsula.

China may have always been involved, but it was Russia that started it.

But I see your logic. The propensity for nations around the world to meddle in other states and to fight proxy wars is evident throughout history among almost everyone. Britain was one of the largest offenders and had spread itself around the world. The fact that Russia would do this is not surprising. I don't want to list all of the imperalist nations, but the list is too long anyway to show here.

It's human nature. That's what I think. Nonetheless, North Korea is a mess. There's absolutely no excuse. On the other hand, history is ugly and this was all somewhat predictable.

China may very well do what you say. They will do whatever benefits them, though. I cannot say that this is what benefits them most. But I would not be surprised if they decided to.

Like you say, they could probably justify it and it would prevent the US from have bases even closer. At present, how many US bases are in South Korea? But might it be better for China to just use its proximity to effect the political structure of Korea to remove the US politically?

Remember that Russia is very angry about the missile defense we want to build in eastern europe. So you can imagine that having a bunch of US bases on the Korean peninsula makes em nervous.

One last thing. Without North Korea as the enemy how could the US justify its current bases in Korea? Doesn't the US need an enemy over there to justify its presence militarily?
edit on 16-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by Flint2011
Bet your bottom dollar that it won't be the US or South Korea who squashes this if North Korea poses a truly imminent threat to South Korea, Japan, the USA or any allies of the West or China even. China will march right across that border and hand North Korea it's behind on a fire breathing dragon platter swiftly and quickly. China is the one who has everything to lose if North Korea goes beyond posturing. North Korea is professed as a proxy state for China but not when it comes to China's National Security with the potential of economic turmoil and breach of sovereign and regional security border lines. China will not permit the West or it's allies to encroach any further into it's territory or allow the excuse to do so either. I promise that China will kick the ever living crap out of North Korea rapidly and occupy it before China will allow any such true threat of war to occur. It's all rhetoric right now.

It was Russia that invaded North Korea in WW2 and it was the US that invaded South Korea in 1945 (when Japan surrendered) to stop the Soviet advance. Previously, Japan had invaded Korea in the 19th century and fought with Russia in the 1904 war to gain dominance of the peninsula.

China may have always been involved, but it was Russia that started it.

But I see your logic. The propensity for nations around the world to meddle in other states and to fight proxy wars is evident throughout history among almost everyone. Britain was one of the largest offenders and had spread itself around the world. The fact that Russia would do this is not surprising. I don't want to list all of the imperalist nations, but the list is too long anyway to show here.

It's human nature. That's what I think. Nonetheless, North Korea is a mess. There's absolutely no excuse. On the other hand, history is ugly and this was all somewhat predictable.
edit on 16-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

This is the likely scenario

China would have much to gain.... it needs to and wants to test it's military, raise morale in it's people and demonstrate it's power

It has to do so in a way it

A: comes off the hero (the way the USA used to be good at)

B: gains economically

C: doesn't end up at war with a superior military (Russia/Usa)

D: gains influence in the Koreas

North Korea is Chinas most viable target for a "positive war" particularly if no one actually sees them coming.... if NK invades the South the USA and SK would really have it's hands full... we might stop a loose nuke or two but on the ground and via artillery and rockets SK will really suffer at best. until the USA gets enough stuff on the ground to help in a meaningful way, SK would really take a pounding..... everything NK has is pointing South, Japan too would take servere hits without much capacity to hit back

So in comes China from the West.... right up NK's poop shoot.... almost nothing pointed at them, coming at the NK army from behind they will slaughter them... it will make Chine look MIGHTY as the USA. JAPAN and SK are just.... getting beat on and the death toll rises.... faced with war on 2 fronts against Millions of fresh troops NK would go down very, very quickly.... we come off looking weak, China comes off a Hero... and who gets all the reconstruction contracts? China....

It's Chinas logical first move

not at all dissimilar to how we stepped in during WW2 and became a Hero Superpower... be the Trump card against an evil enemy

Chinas leadership doesn't want Japan to pay... nor SK.... what they do want is the US role of big brother to those States.... letting them all get pounded then coming in the Hero demonstrates that china is their new "Big Brother"

The Chinese plan here is PERFECT.... behind the scenes they probably encourage NK just like we funded the Nazis

The Chinese are using our playbook to be honest.... count on them both being the reason Kim Un is acting up.... and his demise

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Dianec

Shooting down a nuclear missile would not result in nuclear fission. I imagine there might be some very localized radiation issues - but not a mushroom cloud.

Thinking about it, it seems that the explosion of the interceptor missiles is a delicate balance. The intercept has to be powerful enough to dud out the incoming, but not so powerful as to completely explode/pulverize it.

It sounds like an interesting problem to solve. Almost to where the interceptor missiles in an ideal world would just somehow cut off the tails of the incoming missiles, probably via a small explosion.... Maybe that's enough?

edit on 16/3/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nfg2014

Kim Jong-un, is that you?

You should stick to threatening other countries. Threatening ATS, now that is dangerous.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS

reply to post by Dianec

Shooting down a nuclear missile would not result in nuclear fission. I imagine there might be some very localized radiation issues - but not a mushroom cloud.

Thinking about it, it seems that the explosion of the interceptor missiles is a delicate balance. The intercept has to be powerful enough to dud out the incoming, but not so powerful as to completely explode/pulverize it.

It sounds like an interesting problem to solve. Almost to where the interceptor missiles in an ideal world would just somehow cut off the tails of the incoming missiles, probably via a small explosion.... Maybe that's enough?

You want to destroy the missile as completely as possible. For starters the material within that is radio active is in a perfect sphere even complete destruction of the rocket likely would just send a ball of material flying not vaporise it or shatter it into so many pieces it acts as a "dirty bomb" your worst case scenario is some one has a ball of radio active material land on their television set or in their yard it will likely remain intact unless you directly hit the nose of the missile which is not what is targeted

In the unlikely scenario somehow the warhead itself remains viable even after landing which would be seconds for all intents and purposes after impact the most likely place it's falling would be within North Korean territory anyway...so... k sara sara if it detonates

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And while all this is developing, the UN has nothing to say about the matter. They are strangely silent... almost mute-like. Even thought they started the whole ball rolling with their new sanctions, they are now bowing out of the whole mess, by virtue of their silence about the recent developments.

Raising both hands: "No mi problemo!!"

Nice work if you can get it....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

The US and Russia used to do this all the time. We fired test missiles for decades, scaring the hell out of the entire planet, but not giving a # about the consequences. Maybe if everyone gave up their nukes we could all breathe easy.

Yeah, right! Like that's ever gonna happen!!

We are all a bunch of war mongering idiots. We will make everything extinct along with us.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've been saying for a while....SMOKE AND MIRRORS. Kim is just flexing his military muscle in an attempt to strike a deal with the US for aide, money, weapons, etc....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
double post
edit on 16-3-2013 by S3rvoV3ritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think we or someone else should fire a few missiles there way.

They don't have to explode.

Just, make the point that they're not the only one's who can fire
missiles.

Like maybe one on the presidential palace, um, maybe two.

Rebel 5

edit on 16-3-2013 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh look.
It's another lunatic hoping to kill thousands of his own people while spitting on the other lunatic who wants to kill thousands of his own people.

It's obvious to me that the only solution to this is to kill other human beings so that we as a people can feel better about a country we know nothing about.

How dare they get angry! I let people shoot guns and throw bombs in my backyard all the time. Doesn't bother me. Sometimes they even stop me from getting any food or electricity. But I get it! They just need time to get to know me. I don't take any of that personally.

I can't wait till we start bombing them so I have something other than a television show to talk about by the water cooler on Monday. (fingers crossed, right?)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join