It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunken UK MP in arrested in yet another brawl in the Houses of parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Independent MP Eric Joyce is at it again during a houses of Parliament karaoke night.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

At a time when there is pressure to introduce minimum pricing for units of alcohol we see yet more excessive drinking from our so called leaders.

Joyce, 52, was convicted of assault in a parliamentary bar last year, and later resigned from the Labour Party.

In a statement on Thursday night, a Met police spokesman said: "Police were called shortly before 10.30pm this evening to reports of a disturbance at a bar within the House of Commons.

"Officers attended and a man aged in his 50s was arrested in connection with this incident. He remains in custody and inquiries continue."

The Sports and Social Club was said to be packed for its regular karaoke night at the time of the incident.

edit on 15-3-2013 by merkins because: Messed up op

edit on 15-3-2013 by merkins because: Fixing quote

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

drunken mp in a what ?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well that's what happens when you are surrounded by bars serving subsidised booze.
edit on 15-3-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have done the same, so what shows he is a Human.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

Sorry mate. Tablets are a nitemare for typing threads.

Why is it that we're under pressure to pay more for alcohol while the MPs still carry on drinking excessively in a subsidized bar paid for by tax payers. They've actually admitted that they've just had to train the bar staff to refuse to serve drunk MPs. EXCUUUUUUSE ME? It's always been illegal for bar staff to serve an alcohlic drink to someone who appears drunk. Different rules for the MPs and their servants though.

edit on 15-3-2013 by merkins because: Typo

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I have done the same, so what shows he is a Human.

I figured you'd post something along those lines.

The problem I have is that these politicians expect a certain type of behaviour and decorum of the public, but they are unwilling or unable to commit to that same behaviour themselves. At the very least it's hypocrisy. But in my opinion it's abuse of public funds.

And not only is the bar subsidized they apparently get free top ups of their wine glasses. I've just heard on the BBC that this bar costs the tax payer over £1m a year in alcohol. There's a lot of good things that could be done for the benefit of the public with a fund of £1m a year.

The leader of the house has also just been interviewed and admitted that there is a huge problem within the house of excessive drinking.
edit on 15-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The fact that a bunch of fat parasitical, over paid and under scrutinised MPs across all parties (about 150) like to hang out together doing karaoke on the tax payers dime shows how in bed together and corrupt they all are.

However when I envision this scene in my head my first reaction is not anger but uncontrollable desire to put my head down the toilet and bring up my breakfast.

Also I wish I could find a bar or pub with a ratio of staff to patrons anywhere near 50 for every 150.

This bloke apparently wrestled a cop to the ground with his head in an arm lock, and allegedly all because he was asked not to take his glass out onto the smoking deck.

EDIT TO ADD: he has recently in the last month or so discussed his trouble with alcoholism and violence. So what on earth are they doing serving this alcoholic from the public purse.
edit on 15-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It is a bit ironic the subsidised bar as they try to introduce minimum unit pricing.
I must admit that I liked his "you'll never take me alive" style with the police,made me laugh.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The Sports and Social Club was said to be packed for its regular karaoke night at the time of the incident.

The most worrisome part is a bunch of MPs singing Karaoke.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Is the guy not just out the jail by a matter of days for the same thing.....well that will be him back in again...maybe he had some unfinished business.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

he was not drunk - just one shot of befeaters)))

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mklaus1964

Maybe they've all got guilty consciences and need to drink their self-inflicted misery away. Maybe they know they will be held accountable in the long run for their crimes against humanity.

Maybe they are secretly wishing for a quick death?

new topics

top topics

join