It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists say they have found a Higgs boson (God Particle)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I couldn't wait for this discovery! And I can't wait to see what else they discover from it and hear all the theories about it

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
How did a Higgs Boson come to exist in the first place. Wouldn't it have always been there (eternal) or how did it come to suddenly 'pop' up into existence.

Any thoughts?f

The Higgs field is a Bose-Einstein condensate - in fact a Type 2 superconducting superfluid. The Higgs particle is excited from this ground state of the vacuum when energy exceeding its rest mass is available to be absorbed. Higgs particles are all around you - but not as free particles because energy of sufficient magnitude to excite them from their ground state is never available. Higgs bosons in the region of superstrings circulate in vortices forming string-like Nielsen-Olesen vortices that channel colour flux between the quarks, squeezed into quantised bundles of SU(3) colour magnetic flux by the mechanism of a non-abelian version of the Meissner Effect.

This vortical motion was first described in 1878. Here is a picture that appeared in a book published that year purporting to depict an atom. In fact, the object was a superstring constituent of atomic nuclei, as proved here. The word "vortex" appears at the top of the image of the particle. This collective motion was confirmed in 1959 during remote-viewing experiments with a famous clairvoyant conducted by Dr D.D. Lyness, a psychiatrist from New Zealand. This feature is the vital piece of evidence that PROVES that the particles observed by this psychic all around him when he magnified his mental image of them were, indeed, Higgs particles. It confirms the QCD string model of quark confinement, the observation being made three decades before the string model was developed and vortex solutions discovered in its equations. Confirmation of the existence of the Higgs field and its vortical excitations was published in 1908. Compare this picture, published that year, of three basic particles bound by strings with lattice QCD calculations published in 2003 of three quarks bound by their gluon fields. The supercomputer-calculated Y-shape configuration of strings with quarks as their colour magnetic monopole endpoints is essentially identical to the picture remote-viewed 95 years earlier. Such similarity has no conventional explanation. It implies that the Higgs field and its vortical excitations were described over a century ago by paranormal means. That's why the heading of the article says "Re-discovery of the Higgs particle?"

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Instead of opening the door they may Open Pandora's Box.

I really hope that no one decides to split this sub-atomic particle like they did the atom.

(after thought)
It's like looking for love and once you find it you don't what to do with it.

edit on 15-3-2013 by azureskys because: added thought

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Nope can't get in. not a member of the club.

smphillips.8m.com...

Forbidden
Remote Host: [68.60.92.216]

You do not have permission to access this page or file
Data files must be stored on the same site they are linked from.

Thank you for using FreeServers

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think this discovery is very exciting.

What is mass? What constitutues a particle?

I spent time really looking at this last night after seeing it on Drudge.

As I read it, they say the Higgs is like mollases....it makes particles heavier as it passes through an electromagnetic field.

It's not easy to grasp, but I think Man searching for answers as to what the Universe is all about---is really important.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
HI Book included the title the "Goddam particle" Guess why the title was changed.

This makes the "God particle" more in tune with bible thumpers. It however did not have that intent.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I've never understood why they call it the "God Particle"

I think it's very misleading.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Benchkey, this thread is not the place to spread your obvious hate for those that hold to the Holy Bible as the infallible word of God. All of you atheists better read the rules as they apply to you too! Some of you seem to forget that.

Once again news headlines lie. The scientists say they believe it's been found. Not that it has been. If a Christian says I believe, that's no taken as hard fact. It should be no different when it comes to scientists who say we believe, we think, may have, etc. Those are speculations, not facts. So none of you should take this or any other statement by a scientist that says believe, may have, etc as the gospel truth!
edit on 15-3-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hahahaha silly scientist. They have a pretty convincing name for something they haven't even found. Remember the neutrino? Lol next they'll announce they found Waldo on a planet made of magical fairy dust in a galaxy a billion light year away. Overcompensate much?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
umm... you guys are aware that the higgs has been discovered last year? It was anounced at a 1.6sigma confidence level. The only news is, that they have enough data to reach a 2sigma confidence level... something that is 99.999999999999999% likely when you already have 1.6sigma. So where is the news?
It's also worth to note, that the particle was originally called "the goddamn particle" but to promote booksales it was changed by the lector.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Stop calling it 'God particle' and using religious names. This is only used by the mass media, scientififaclly this word is not used and should not be used.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Now I know I will Hear all the Bullcrap, but in The Bhagavad-Gita, it state's you could travel at the speed of mind for a Billion years and you would still know nothing of the Creator.

With that said I think, we are a far ways off, from finding anything that is really remotely, even close to being qualified to be called The God Particle.

There is a progression taking place,it would be interesting to see what does occur at the reaching of the Omega Point.

15 billion years, rather small numbe,r when dealing with infinite

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So they are asuming that have it but not sure? do they? they should have been sure of it before starting any hype

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It makes no difference, really. The Military complex will confiscate it and use it for their evil like always. We will not see any benefits from it. Maybe in 50 years, but not now. When evil people control everything this is what happens. I can only imagine the things discovered that is kept in a vault, that could end oil, poverty--all of it, but they will never let people like us know about it. This is just my opinion here. I think they are meddling with things that need to be monitored by an outside panel.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Now they will seek the ultimate weapon.... The opposite.

Where mass is made... Creation.

Where mass is deconstructed... Destruction.

There are two forces, two potential discoveries. Just like life and death, good and evil... etc....

About 7 billion of us living on a tiny speck near a star in a remote area of an outer strand of a spiral galaxy containing hundreds of billions of stars, in a universe of hundreds of billions of galaxies.... A universe that began from nothing, a void that physics cannot explain, only theorize and call it a "big bang" ... The essence of creation.

In the answers to creation, one can also find the opposite. The void, the "black holes" where matter and virtually all known and understood laws of physics are lost....

Maybe some things are best left alone...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yesterday I saw on my clock 11:11, because everybody notices it, and then about a half hour later I saw the time 11:10, central time zone. Then later that day I go online to see they found the H boson. They did something there, messed with time somehow.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think, although I'm not sure, that what LightSpeedDriver is saying is that reality is not truth. And no matter how much of reality we discover, it cannot cure or heal the evil inside us.

I think he's trying to loook at things from a spiritual perspective. So rather than saying that this physical reality is truth, he's saying that the spiritual reality is truth.
edit on 15-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
I think this discovery is very exciting.

What is mass? What constitutues a particle?

I spent time really looking at this last night after seeing it on Drudge.

As I read it, they say the Higgs is like mollases....it makes particles heavier as it passes through an electromagnetic field.

It's not easy to grasp, but I think Man searching for answers as to what the Universe is all about---is really important.

If it would help, that molasses is nothing but time coupled dark matter.
This is what make the particles feel their masses
electromagnetic field does not come into the picture.

i

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I found this en.wikipedia.org...

Can anyone shortly describe it, but, in first sentence, to give reason why that is of great importance.
What are the practical purposes for which that can be used? What that will help for find?
Time-machine, Teleportation, or, what? Short-cuts thru the space-time continuum, using higher dimensions? Warm-holes, Strings?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join