It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man Lives Alone In Fukushima Dead Zone Town: To Take Care of his Animals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Take a little more time with your research. Nowhere is there any information saying natural radiation is different to man made radiation, and it is obvious you have done little if any research . Radon is the most common natural radiation, and is identical to radon produced as a result of nuclear power production. People pay to go sit in radon filled mines and caves, or hot springs, for health benefits. Google search "natural and man made radiation difference" . There is no difference.

Radon emits Alpha radiation.

Substances released by fission, such as Cesium 137 and Iodine 131 (which were identified early on in the Fukushima Dai-Ichi disaster), emit gamma radiation.

Alpha radiation is less penetrating and damaging than other types, while gamma radiation is highly penetrating.

So, yes, there is a huge difference between the two. If there were no difference, there would be no need for different classifications; cosmic, terrestrial, man made, medical, etc.
edit on 13-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Nyiah

Being stupid and ending your life on purpose does not make you a hero.

It makes you a fool.

He should have brought a gun and put these poor creature out of their misery instead of continuing to have them suffer.

That is a very ignorant statement. ATS Deny ignorance.
"should have brought a gun and put these poor creature out of their misery"
The theology of a gun nut.
What don't make assumptions. Why yes my comment was ignorant as well.
Bravery is the courage to do something even though it scares you. I would not expect this sort of bravery from someone who's first thought is to kill over care.
Shame on you.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Maybe that's what we are.Deformed from the very very distant past.
Possibly from nukes in ancient times.
Hey think about it.
We can't figure anything out anymore.
We can't even elect an official to represent We The People.
Could be very possible.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I too work with animals small, large, & exotics with 13 out of 17 yrs
being strictly emergency. I am a duel Licensed Vet Tech & the animals
he saved & is feeding do not appear emaciated or suffering. Me job is
to save & treat any animal possible until they have NO QUALITY of LIFE.

Those animals still HAVE QUALITY of LIFE!

As far as the Heifer & calf, he possibly didn't have a gun, & as you should
know working with animals that many pet owners will or cannot sign to
authorize a euthanasia at the Vet Hospital & their pet is suffering & dying.
That is THE WORST because we cannot over ride the decision & have to
continue treatment & watch the patient suffer & die.

If he had no gun, any other way I can think of would cause more suffering to
the animals & to himself.

Given his situation I would have done the same... my situation
I would NEVER leave me animals it's a life time commitment.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Where there is life there is hope. This man is made of wonderful stuff - I would never leave my animals - never! I would die with them if that was the only option - however- this man has actually been placed in the situation he is not supposing.

I am always in awe of people who defend animals they go above and beyond. Even though this man is not an animal activist his actions speak volumes. His courage and kindness are breathtaking - I am without the right words to describe the inspiration I feel from him - I am humbled.

The psychopaths who run this planet would not stay to feed the animals let alone care for the humans - this man puts them ALL to shame.

Much Peace...to every sentient being who is suffering as a result of Fukishima...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Staying in town to feed abandoned animals is pretty heroic to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Guns are not the only solution to address problems...

Sometimes it takes one man's courage to resolve the most complex of issues...

Somewhere in the animal kingdom, Mr. Naoto Matsumura will be awarded a noble peace prize for his courage and selflessness.

How enlightening to come across this, thanks for sharing...

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Naoto thinks that he is well and healthy for the time being, even considering that he is permanently exposed to up to 17 times the level of radiation that is considered safe.

My first thought?
Sobering.

My Second?
This is a man that values life, putting his at risk. For animals. Honorable, to say the least.......

S&F

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I can’t help but wonder when some of you are going to wake up and realize the Japanese government is doing nothing while using that man and those poor animals as data analysis/test subjects.

Where’s the hero in THAT? There isn’t any. Just as there’s no ‘hero’ in allowing animals to continue their suffering just because you want to be a do-gooder.

Remember this is the same government who thought like real geniuses - ‘Oh, let’s put a nuclear plant here so if there's an accident? No problem! We can just dump all the radioactive waste in the ocean and kill all the life there too’!

If the government doesn’t want people there - and he stayed - and is allowed to stay? Ask yourself why...

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

How does he get his food as a matter of interest?

It does give you some info in the article.. Which is linked in the OP for you to peruse over...

He put his health at further risk by eating food that had also been exposed to radiation, although he is now surviving on relief supplies delivered from outside and water that has been checked for radiation.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Matsumura survives mostly on canned goods and dines by candle light, not for the romance of it but, because he has no electricity or running water.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I was thinking of the food as well. I'm sure much was left behind by others who had animals, but going on 2 years things must be getting tight.

There is info in the article posted in the OP... Please read if you want more info or do a search. It is not difficult..!

He put his health at further risk by eating food that had also been exposed to radiation, although he is now surviving on relief supplies delivered from outside and water that has been checked for radiation.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Matsumura survives mostly on canned goods and dines by candle light, not for the romance of it but, because he has no electricity or running water.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

He clearly does value life.. He seemingly has no problem giving his own life for others.. And yet there are people on this thread who think he is a complete idiot..

Maybe he is. But he is helping those that cannot help themselves, and those who are in the same situation as he is.
Its his choice and birth right to do what he wishes with his life, and I think he is brave. Kudos to the man.

Man has been lent to life, not given.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas

Here is one of the nicer pictures of rabbits being born in this area very deformed. This mans heart may be in the right place but his ignorance is causing more suffering than if these animals were put down.

What about the people that are affected? Should they be put down too?
I'm sure this person is able to make a decision about each animal individually. If their quality of life is okay, then why kill them?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Warning - Graphic video.

This video documents animals - in this case cows dying in mass - 'all over' Japan due to radiation poisoning.

Watch it - and then tell me these animals are not suffering. And if this guys animals are not 'that bad' yet? They will be. The article even states he has NO running water. What does that tell you? The water he has is contaminated.

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

As far as the Heifer & calf, he possibly didn't have a gun, & as you should
know working with animals that many pet owners will or cannot sign to
authorize a euthanasia at the Vet Hospital & their pet is suffering & dying.
That is THE WORST because we cannot over ride the decision & have to
continue treatment & watch the patient suffer & die.

Through that rambling paragraph I gleam you sit back and watch animals suffer and die blaming the choice on the owners?

Only then you go on to say:

Given his situation I would have done the same... my situation I would NEVER leave me animals it's a life time commitment.

So you allow poor animals suffer painful agonizing deaths a simple injection would alleviate because you’ll lose your job by putting the same suffering animal out of its misery and all for the lack of a signature on a piece of paper?

Am I the only one that sees the mind boggling inconsistency here.

When you care about animals you do what’s hard - bar any and every situation - and on that I agree with the gentleman in Japan who’s tending the radiation bombarded animals. But you do not sit back and watch them suffer and die because you’re afraid to do what’s hard - like risking your job or putting them out of their misery by your own hand. You can’t have it both ways.

peace

edit on 14-3-2013 by silo13 because: spelling humane

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I believe you need to do some research on this before you call this guy a hero.

I believe you need to do some research on this man you think is stupid and a fool...

Do you know the deformities that affect radiated animals and their offspring for decades?

Did you know there has been a Chip-In Fund created and dedicated to Naoto Matsumura and the animals he is taking care of. It was set up to provide help for Naoto, seeing as the Japanese government has turned its back on him, his town and his animals..

And did you know that all kinds of people with different knowledge have been giving him advice. And those people have been donating money to help him where he needs it..

Par exemple:

Good news! Last week, Taro, (the "papa" dog of Aki's puppies) was neutered! Mr. Matsumura made this decision, after pressure from animal advocates around the world. As you may know, spay/neuter is not commonplace in the rural areas of Japan. I am hoping that the idea will grow in the minds and hearts of caring individuals (such as Mr. Matsumura), and that support for such activity will evolve into a more accepted practice.

naotomatsumura.weebly.com...

All he needs is help and advice. It is not like he has any advice easily accessible. He has no electricity. Put your self in his shoes, imagine how worried and confused he must have been, wondering what is best for his animals..
He was doing what he thought best and right at the time.. And good for him. Some of us my not agree with his actions, but he followed through on what he thought was right.
edit on 14-3-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So you allow poor animals suffer painful agonizing deaths a simple injection would alleviate because you’ll lose your job by putting the same suffering animal out of its misery and all for the lack of a signature on a piece of paper?

I do not think he had access to a simple injection. He may be getting supplies from the outside. But pray do tell how he could possibly afford to buy enough injections to go round. Where is the Japanese government in all this.. Nowhere to be seen.

Who is he meant to talk to for advice on what to do about his animals and others. When he is the only man in his town of a previous 78,000 residents.

There has been a Chip-In Fund created and dedicated to Naoto Matsumura and his animals.. All kinds of people world wide have donated and when needed given him some much needed advice..

For more info see above post to hopechest..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This video documents animals - in this case cows dying in mass - 'all over' Japan due to radiation poisoning.

Watch it - and then tell me these animals are not suffering. And if this guys animals are not 'that bad' yet? They will be. The article even states he has NO running water. What does that tell you? The water he has is contaminated.

Good grief man..! We are not discussing cows all over Japan. We are discussing the livestock that is currently in the care of Naoto Matsumura in Tomioka.

Yes the creatures will get sick and so will he. By that point he should have a lot more information, support and funding to able to deal with the situation in the correct manner..

I will ask you again for the third time. Please show me some evidence of the animals under Naoto's duress that are suffering. If you can not come back with any evidence to contribute to your claim of the animals under his duress suffering. Please do not bother to try and tell me again that the animals under his care are suffering. Because it seems apparent from photographic and video evidence that apart from being radioactive, those animals seem as healthy and as happy as can be, regarding the situation and their environment...

I never said he was a hero. He is just an incredible man. And I admire him for what he has done. He has tried to make the best of a very bad situation and is also concerned for the welfare of the creatures around him.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

this man MUST be awarded the Nobel peace prize!

Can you imagine all these dogs and animals left on leash for weeks all alone, no food, no water, and cannot move!

this man is what humanity must look up to.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What this story represents to me....is that one person CAN make a difference.
This one man, is walking his own chosen path....not for fame or fortune....but to help those less fortunate.
Does it matter that the less fortunate are animals as opposed to humans? Not to me.

My belief is that it is my duty to help anyone (human or animal) who is suffering, whenever possible. (Especially when it comes to basic needs....food, water, etc.)

I'm sure this gentleman is following his heart, and NEVER expected to receive world-wide attention for his actions. Apparently, as this is now on the internet....some people are responding and also trying to help.

More people need to stand alone....to do what is right. Just think of the 'butterfly effect'.....'pay it forward'....your actions DO cause reactions. (These are my personal beliefs, but I am entitled to them.)
jacygirl

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join