It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man Lives Alone In Fukushima Dead Zone Town: To Take Care of his Animals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Have you ever seen pictures of animals suffering from radiation poison?

Have you ever seen pictures of animals suffering from radiation poisoning..? Go type animals suffering from radiation poisoning into Google images, and guess what the first load of images are of..

Animals suffering radiation poisoning in laboratories..! What does that tell us...

And if you add Fukushima at the end of that sentence and click go, there is one picture of a dog that appears that is on a PETA website but this is a dog that was found during the earthquakes that happened in Japan...

Nature always has a way of surviving despite what we throw at her.. Deformities and such will not last long.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

I realize that in an emergency you grab whatever is closest and dearest and leave immediately, but personally, I would not leave without my animals. And I certainly would have gone back for them had that first decision been taken from me, radiation or not. When you take a domesticated animal into your care it is to be so until the end of that animals natural life, or if it is a food animal until it is humanely dispatched, not just until expediency overrides the tacit agreement.

I agree with you 100%..!! Star for you.. There is no way on this earth I would leave my animals.. At the very least I would make sure they had a way to get out and there was food available till I came back for them..!

My black lab is my bestest friend.. He goes everywhere with me. He is part of our family and as he is dependent on me I am responsible for his wellbeing and welfare..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
All the people of Fukushima should go home, there is no danger from the radiation levels there, as there are parts of the world where natural background radiation is much higher than was ever experienced at Fukushima or Chernobyl. Check on Ramsar, Iran for one such area. And of course, watch and listen to Galen Winsor to learn from a man who knew the truth that the oil/coal/gas companies do not want you to know.
And search "CANDU fuel waste re-used, recycled, eliminated: $45 trillion of carbon-free" for articles that will explain why the fossil fuel barons don't want this known, there is so much energy in nuclear that it could be almost free. This IS a scam, but nuclear power should not be left in the hands of profit-first corporations. France has had a perfectly safe nuclear power system for close to 50 years or so, and if they can do it, why not the USA or Japan?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

All the people of Fukushima should go home, there is no danger from the radiation levels there, as there are parts of the world where natural background radiation is much higher than was ever experienced at Fukushima or Chernobyl.

You do realize that there are different types of radiation, right?

Natural background radiation, even at high levels, is a lot different than the stuff that leaks out of a nuclear reactor.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Natural background radiation, even at high levels, is a lot different than the stuff that leaks out of a nuclear reactor.

And why is that? How is it different?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

He explained: 'Our dogs didn’t get fed for the first few days. When I did eventually feed them, the neighbors’ dogs started going crazy.
'I went over to check on them and found that they were all still tied up. Everyone in town left thinking they would be back home in a week or so, I guess. From then on, I fed all the cats and dogs every day.

as you do with your pets when evacuating a possible disaster zone (even if you believe
it is only for a week or so)!

Among the animals he rescued was a dog that had been trapped inside a cattle barn for a year and a half.

It had only survived by eating the flesh of cattle that had starved to death. When Mr Matsumura rescued it in the summer of 2012 most of its fur had fallen out.
But thanks to Mr Matsumura's loving care it has made a remarkable recovery and most of its fur has now grown back.

this is a joke right? prove this is a true story, 'cause i don't necessarily believe it.
it is msm, afterall.

edit on 13-3-2013 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Nyiah

Being stupid and ending your life on purpose does not make you a hero.

It makes you a fool.

He should have brought a gun and put these poor creature out of their misery instead of continuing to have them suffer.

I don't get upset with people much but in your case I'll make an exception...What in the name of God is wrong with you!!!
I suppose all the brave people who worked to secure the reactor sites as best they could after the disaster were (in your eyes) stupid and ending their lives on purpose. People like you would just round them up and shoot them???

GRRRRrrrrr!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Honestly, this is one of the most amazing stories I've ever heard. Thank you.

Sidenote: I didn't like the story of the 3 days to die with those cows. Surely he could have put them out of their misery?
edit on 13-3-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Natural radiation comes from the sun, radon, and other naturally occurring substances in the ground.

Man made radiation is completely different and produces different radio-isotopes than you would find from natural sources, because, it is a result of nuclear fission.

A quick google will provide you with all of the details.

If there was no danger, no one would have been evacuated.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Have you ever seen pictures of animals suffering from radiation poisoning..? Go type animals suffering from radiation poisoning into Google images, and guess what the first load of images are of.. Animals suffering radiation poisoning in laboratories..! What does that tell us...

It tells us animals suffer in a lab - just as well (or unwell) as outside a lab.

Nature always has a way of surviving despite what we throw at her.. Deformities and such will not last long.

No, just long enough for all those who are deformed to suffer. Nice that, right? Right?

Look, I’ve kept my dog outta this race because HopeChest is doing just fine - but come on! This guy isn’t a hero he’s a either a narcissist, sadist or someone who doesn’t have the sack to do what’s right. Keeping animals who’re suffering alive is barbaric!

And since you’re so bent on nature? How about letting nature ‘take it’s course’ and leave these animals too it! Oh wait. You wouldn’t like that would you. Go figure.

How terribly sad and tragic these poor creatures are being kept alive just to suffer.

Applause to you HopeChest - someone who knows the truth and wisdom of being ‘cruel to be kind’...

peace

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

If there was no danger, no one would have been evacuated.

This is part of the Nuclear Scare Scam. Disrupting the lives of thousands of people, for no good scientific reason. When you look closer into the affair, it is rotten to the core. Some media report mentioned birth defects in areas just outside of the evacuated areas around Chernobyl, neurological, brain defects, microencephaly. On closer examination, it turns out that the Russians believed that drinking LOTS of Vodka protected against radiation, and the defects were from heavy consumption during pregnancy, and not from radiation.

These links may well be best in their own thread on radiation dangers, but just a sampling of items that suggest a scam of major proportions. I would though be interested in seeing any clinical studies of the effects of the levels of radiation found at Fukishima or Chernobyl on (I know, it's cruel) lab animals.

No health effects from Fukushima: Japan researcher
A Japanese government-backed researcher said Friday no health effects from radiation released by the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant have been seen in people living nearby. The pronouncement by Kazuo Sakai of Japan's National Institute of Radiological Sciences is the latest by authorities seeking to quell fears over the long-term effects of the disaster.

Read more at: phys.org...

WHO: Small cancer risk after Fukushima accident

Gerry Thomas, a professor of molecular pathology at Imperial College London, accused the WHO of hyping the cancer risk.

"It's understandable that WHO wants to err on the side of caution, but telling the Japanese about a barely significant personal risk may not be helpful," she said.

Thomas said the WHO report used inflated estimates of radiation doses and didn't properly take into account Japan's quick evacuation of people from Fukushima.

"This will fuel fears in Japan that could be more dangerous than the physical effects of radiation," she said, noting that people living under stress have higher rates of heart problems, suicide and mental illness.

Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

THE MYTH OF PLUTONIUM TOXICITY
Bernard L. Cohen (1/3/1989)
By Bernard L. Cohen, Department of Physics, University of
Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260.

In spite of the facts we have cited here, facts well known in
the scientific community, the myth of Pu toxicity lingers on.
The news media ignore us, and prefer to continue scaring the
public at every opportunity. They don't recognize the difference
between political issues on which everyone is equally entitled to
an opinion, and scientific issues, which are susceptible to
scientific investigation and proof. The myth may linger forever.

www.fortfreedom.org...

Plutonium
CAS ID #: 7440-07-5

Affected Organ Systems: Hepatic (Liver), Musculoskeletal (Muscles and Skeleton), Respiratory (From the Nose to the Lungs)

Cancer Effects: None

Chemical Classification: Radionuclides (radioactive materials)

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

Medical doctors at Los Alamos performed studies of workers at Los Alamos and
Rocky Flats who ingested plutonium and retained significant amounts in their
bodies. Results of their studies are included in a report on plutonium
toxicity by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry and show
formidable health benefits: Much lower incidences of cancer and lung
cancer, much longer lives, etc., etc.

Depleted uranium does not show quite as much benefi as plutonium, and
bureacrats in many agencies are claiming that it is dangerous, to support
jobs.
groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Sidenote: I didn't like the story of the 3 days to die with those cows. Surely he could have put them out of their misery?

I this thought aswell.. I cannot find any information on whether there was any tools available for him to kill the animals humanely. If he did not have any tools, I can imagine it would have been difficult to try and figure out what was the best and most humane way to do the job..

Maybe he was too scared to do it. Until Naoto himself is asked, we can only speculate. We can see he has a very clear fondness for animals. He is giving his life to them. So I imagine his reason for leaving the cow would most likely be a good one.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This guy isn’t a hero he’s a either a narcissist, sadist or someone who doesn’t have the sack to do what’s right.

No where in my OP did I state he was a hero. Certain members saw him as a hero.. I just think he is a incredible man.

How terribly sad and tragic these poor creatures are being kept alive just to suffer.

Good grief, can either you or Hopechest please find me some evidence of how these animals he has given his life for to look after are suffering..? Yes in the long term both him and the animals will succumb to the radiation poisoning. However for the time being those animals seem very happy to me and so does Naoto.

They all share the same fate. Why not spend the rest of that time together and happy.. And seeing as this man has given up his life for these animals.. Do you not think if he saw them suffering and was able to, he would put them out of their misery...?

Personally I think he would..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
brave man, and who says the animals he is looking after are suffering? The dogs would have suffered while starving to death/dying of thirst tethered to posts?

How does he get his food as a matter of interest?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am pretty shocked by some peoples ignorance on here. This man IS a hero. He has chosen his path in the most selfless way with full knowledge of the possible effects on his health etc, but these animals have no choice, no path to choose. They depended on humans to give them shelter and food and would have died a slow death from starvation had he not come and placed their lives before his own.

S&F for the inspiration, OP - I had to spread this through my social media outlet as well because more people should see that hope in humanity is still possible.
Thank you

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
brave man, and who says the animals he is looking after are suffering? The dogs would have suffered while starving to death/dying of thirst tethered to posts?

How does he get his food as a matter of interest?

I was thinking of the food as well. I'm sure much was left behind by others who had animals, but going on 2 years things must be getting tight.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
also, if the docs told him he wouldn't be getting sick for about 30/40 years then I suppose it ain't a massive gamble, given his age

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

I am not buying it. Sorry, sir.

I have done plenty of my own research.

I don't feel that this debate is worth my time in searching for sources when you clearly couldn't differentiate the difference between background radiation and man made radioactive products that result from the process of nuclear fission.

With that being said, I think that a lot more time needs to pass before the actual results (long term) will be fully realized.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by GaryN

I am not buying it. Sorry, sir.

I have done plenty of my own research.

I don't feel that this debate is worth my time in searching for sources when you clearly couldn't differentiate the difference between background radiation and man made radioactive products that result from the process of nuclear fission.

With that being said, I think that a lot more time needs to pass before the actual results (long term) will be fully realized.

Take a little more time with your research. Nowhere is there any information saying natural radiation is different to man made radiation, and it is obvious you have done little if any research . Radon is the most common natural radiation, and is identical to radon produced as a result of nuclear power production. People pay to go sit in radon filled mines and caves, or hot springs, for health benefits.
Google search "natural and man made radiation difference" . There is no difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join