It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man Lives Alone In Fukushima Dead Zone Town: To Take Care of his Animals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Quite simply Naoto Matsumura enjoys and revers nature.

He admired his environment, the air, land, creatures everywhere and then man turned around and did what they do best, destroy it all....and now this epic hero is trying to rebuild what man has torn down.

To me this is one of the most humbling stories I have ever read. What really got me and tore me to pieces was when he talked about the cow and her calf who hadn't eaten or drank anything for close to a month. They were so emaciated and the poor calf tried to suckle from its mother but got rejected and kicked 3 times in a row but the calf kept coming back again and again....it finally got the message and staggered over to a dangling piece of rope and tried to suckle from the rope...that was just too much for me then. Naoto said he witnessed scenes like that all over that place in the initial stages. I could only imagine how terrible that must have been.

This man surely deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his actions.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I do not think he had access to a simple injection.

Of course he didn't. Read the post I'm responding to and what the what that poster said - it‘s right there in quotes. My comment is not directed at the man in Japan but at a convoluted bit of thought from someone here on ATS.

While I'm here - are you interested in hearing the reasons why I believe many here are being duped by this story? It's your thread. I'd like to get into the reasons 'why' but again it's your thread and if you don't want it to 'go in that direction' I'll not take it there.

If you're willing to listen to the reasons - and possibly even see the truth in it let me know. If not? No problem - it'll save me a lot of spoon feeding. (And no that is not directed at you - but in general).

Also - I commend you for taking the time to bring a 'feel good' story to the boards. ATS needs many more uplifting content. Problem is? In my opinion this is a 'Trojan Horse' feel good story. Just sayin'...

peace

edit on 14-3-2013 by silo13 because: remove bold

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As far as I can see & tell, the animals are doing MUCH better with his care than they did without. I do not see the logic of encouraging him to do nothing or to kill everything in the area when their current quality of life is very good. You generally do not put down animals capable of living normally, you put down the ill. So the frick what if he's dedicated his life to caring for them to that last day? Obviously none of the negative ninnies here are going to help, so let him be.

What is most logical is to hopefully sterilize the animals so that mutations cannot be passed to offspring. Whether or not he has the money available of his own or by donations is another story. That begs the question--which ones in this thread saying he should be euthanizing are going to help pay for the euthanasia, or sterilization needed to keep the animal population a manageable size & free of mutated offspring? No, really, a show of know-it-all hands, please.

Yeah. Thought not. Tight finances aside, if you have money to spare, put it where your mouth is. I'm broke as hell, but I'm still going to check out that fund for him & at least TRY to help a good Samaritan out. What's your excuse?
edit on 3/14/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Edit: The Chip In site appears to have ended, but for those who may wish to donate, you can do so via a PayPal donation.
Japanese Animal Rescue Volunteer Groups (Small and Grassroots), Fukushima

Animal shelters are full and many of the volunteers have sacrificed themselves and run out of money. We would like to help volunteers, particularly individuals, for rescuing, sheltering, feeding, medical surgeries including spay/neuter to animals in both the Exclusion Zone (No Go Zone) and the Evacuation Zone (the area where people can visit but can't live. Many residents find it very difficult to visit their own homes (due to the distance from their temporary housing) in Fukushima. If you follow and have a specific Japanese volunteer group in mind, please send us an email. If you have no preference, we will send your donation to Japanese volunteers groups who seek help with rescue activities. Payments to the small groups will be posted via the Hachiko Coalition Facebook page and the Naoto Matsumura, Guardian of Fukushima's Animals Facebook page.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, specify that it's for Mr. Matsumura, as instructed in this comment: www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is an incredible story, a selfless man who is HELPING regardless of what you believe he's doing.

I just wish some members on ATS could get off the high horse already and stop acting like they know this situation in-and-out as well as how the animals are feeling/reacting to this mans work. Talk about jumping to ridiculous conclusions, you have absolutely no idea if the animals are "suffering" and you certainly have no right to call this man narcissistic.

Get real.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

thats an awfully repulsive statement, they are not starving as long as they have him. shame on you.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It is indeed unfortunate that the animals suffered, but what about the people? They were living in a beautiful, peaceful area, then for no good reason, they are forced from their lifelong homes into chaos and confusion, families split up, all their possesions and memories left behind, and of course their animals being abandoned, it must have been extremely distressing for them, and given a choice I think many of them might have stayed, but they were forced out.
Tepco was correct in telling them there was no danger, and the government was correct about doing nothing, as nothing needed doing!! The levels of radiation were very low outside of the immediate area of the reactor, and if anyone took the time to research the levels involved they would realise that all this suffering was unneccessary. The government only evacuated the area after intense pressure from outside influences, including the global media who immediately touted this event as a catastrophe. The tsunami was a true disaster, but the radiation scare was totally unfounded. The people and the animals would have been just fine. 210,000 people were tested for radiation, and it was determined they had recieved around one milliSievert of radiation, which is nothing.
The illnesses from stress, worry and confusion, the total disruption of their lives and loss of all their belongings, their animals, the rural way of life, their unknown future and loss of hope, it saddens me terribly, and to think this was all unneccessary and only happened because some very powerful influences made Japan evacuate the area to further the agenda of those wanting to demonise nuclear power, that just makes me mad.
This man was a hero in my view, because he went back even though he too was probably scared out of his wits by what he believed was a serious radiation threat. He will be fine, so will the remaining animals, this is all part of a great conspiracy to kill nuclear energy, when in reality it is the safest and cleanest of all the options, and we could get rid of coal fired, oil fired, gas fired generation, stop the fracking, shut down the filthy oil sands, etc. There is on Earth an absolute abundance of cheap, carbon free energy generation just through nuclear, which is why the JP Morgan-Goldman Sachs lead energy crooks want to destroy it. They own the media that promotes the dangers while ignoring the real science, and it seems most of the world, including most ATS members, have swallowed the whole lie, hook line and sinker.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Such a revers barometer for what its like to e a human. I want to thank you for that. Without people this think like this I would not see what it truly means to be human.

I want to know though do you really feel the way you do in your postings, or are you doing us all a service and are just trying to teach us in reverse by seeming to hold nothing worth while sacred?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Nyiah

Being stupid and ending your life on purpose does not make you a hero.

It makes you a fool.

He should have brought a gun and put these poor creature out of their misery instead of continuing to have them suffer.

didnt you read the whole thing? they said it probably wont affect him for 30-40 years, he's already an old man so its pretty inconsequential for him to be in that area given his age and the exposure scenario. He could in fact provide the most accurate data on the long term effects of radiation that we have ever had the chance to collect.

I think its a very courageos and selfless act of kindness

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What an extraordinary man, a standing ovation in his honor! Truly selfless, it's sad to see people call him a "do-gooder" "sacrificing his life in vain". What is in vain? What is purpose? If this isn't purpose, what is? There is basically no purpose for this world anyway, it just goes on. I praise him for this act of heroism, he dares where no one else does, and with a bright smile on his face.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Konoyaro

starred your post, you make some valid points..

I hope you don't mind me asking, its just your name on here has a nice ring to it

are you Japanese?

I would be most interested with the opinion of a Japanese person about this situation, it really fascinates me what this guy is doing and how the rest of Japan are treating this case!

Does anyone know whether he is getting outside help with his endeavors?

I'm sure if this video does go viral he will get plenty of support and MSM may pick up his story and who knows where that could lead

Anyone have any ideas on how we can do something to help?....no matter how small I'd like to help in a way if I can

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Why thank you
The name is japanese, actually two words kono and yaro, I don't care about the meaning of the words so much. But I like the sound of it when used by the yakuza (japanese maffia) in japanese movies, usually in a angry and loud manner
I'm not japanese unfortunately so I can't answer the questions regarding fukushima

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join