It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As cardinals gather to elect Pope, Catholic officials break into a sweat over news that €23m inves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

As cardinals gather to elect Pope, Catholic officials break into a sweat over news that €23m investment includes gay sauna

www.independent.co.uk

A day ahead of the papal conclave, faces at the scandal-struck Vatican were even redder than usual after it emerged that the Holy See had purchased a €23 million (£21 million) share of a Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna.

The senior Vatican figure sweating the most due to the unlikely proximity of the gay Europa Multiclub is probably Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelisation of Peoples, who is due to participate in tomorrow’s election at the Sistine Chapel.

This 76-year-old “prince of the church” enjoys a 12-room apartment
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You couldn't make it up!

This has made me chuckle heartily. Of course, the priests who lived right above this gay sauna, were either praying for the lost souls below, or totally unaware that it was europes larges gay sauna. *nudge nudge, wink wink

There is going to be some serious burying of this news I'd have thought, I'm sure the vatican wouldn't want a big fuss kicking off.....

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit, a little more from the article.

This 76-year-old “prince of the church” enjoys a 12-room apartment on the first-floor of the imposing palazzo, at 2 Via Carducci, just yards from the ground floor entrance to the steamy flesh pot. There are 18 other Vatican apartments in the block, many of which house priests. The Holy See is still reeling from allegations that the previous pontiff, Benedict XVI, had quit in reaction to the presence of a gay cabal in the curia.

edit on 11/3/2013 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wish everyone would stop believing in fairy tales and stories like MOST of us did when we were kids.

Replace "Jesus" with "Thor" everywhere you see it and then see if you take it seriously....

+41 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Is there honestly anyone left who feels the Catholic church is any good?

Between this, the pedo scandals, the banking corruption and not even mentioning the crusades, inquisition, nazi collaboration etc etc I think its time the vatican was turned into a museum and its funds and assets distributed to the poor like it should have been in the first place.

It makes a mockery of everything its meant to represent

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

You can't make this stuff up.
Who's he kidding. The Cardinal just happens to live next to a gay bath house?
It almost sounds like a bad joke.

From altering boys to "getting clean"..... smh

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My apologies to anybody I may offend by saying this, but one couldn't come up with a better attraction for those who are gay and into pedophilia than the catholic church. Ornate, flamboyant, long dresses, and women are to be kept far away in separate places while small boys are welcome.

I feel guilty writing this as my mother is catholic and attends mass every Sunday. But I have always thought this and the news that has come out (pun fully intended) over the past decade only fortifies my suspicions.

They didn't know there was a gay bathhouse? I doubt that!

Since I won't self-flagellate myself for the above written sin, those who are offended may certainly do it for me. Doesn't matter either way, I still believe it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Is anyone in the world actually shocked???
If you are then you haven't been paying attention.
Shouldn't we be shocked though???

I mean, the fact that this doesn't even shock Catholics anymore much less anyone else is rather telling isn't it??

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I try to never let my posts consist of a simple:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

But I hope you will allow me to make an exception, this time.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjhead1
I wish everyone would stop believing in fairy tales and stories like MOST of us did when we were kids.

Replace "Jesus" with "Thor" everywhere you see it and then see if you take it seriously....

So... Do you inject this kind of condescenscion into every religiously-oriented thread, or only the ones about Christianity?

Do you snap off remarks like that when anyone makes a scientifically-inaccurate post, or only when the subject is religion?

I'm not being snarky, I really do want to know.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What are these people drinking? With all the real gay scandals surrounding the catholic church for it seems like over a decade now (and that's just the public tip of the iceberg) you'd think someone, somewhere, would be putting a stop to it. Nope. Let's just up the ante and see if they catch us again.

The next Pope better hit the ground running. Either running to gather all these fish in his net and haul them to a landfill, or running away from pitchforks aimed at his backside.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjhead1

This kind of thing is exactly what is so sad about this church's disregard for morality and honor. Jesus, if quoted nearly correctly, was a very conscious person living in a time of unconsciousness. His teachings (sayings, parables, direct language during his last hours) are some of the finest yogaic/awareness/consciousness information being given out in the west during the first few centuries after he lived (and later when the books were translated into many languages and taken out of the hands of the catholic institutions). So now this bed of paedophile and hypocrites (not everyone in it, of course, but a lot of them) is getting itself exposed to the light of day - and they keep on doing it even then - and in the process cloud over people's impressions of what Jesus taught. If Jesus were here now he'd be overturning more than tables.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What a burn!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
I absolutely love it. The child molestation and rapes are the worst crimes, but this church has committed others as well. Narcissistic fascist pigs, the whole lot of them. Nothing wrong with being gay, but it is the cruel hypocrisy with which they rule their flock as they fleece them. Jesus, I hope the world wakes up and that papal playground loses the last shred of legitimacy it had. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ah, the sweet taste of revenge.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Is there honestly anyone left who feels the Catholic church is any good?

Between this, the pedo scandals, the banking corruption and not even mentioning the crusades, inquisition, nazi collaboration etc etc I think its time the vatican was turned into a museum and its funds and assets distributed to the poor like it should have been in the first place.

It makes a mockery of everything its meant to represent

Indeed my friend, I don't think I've seen the truth expressed in so few words.

This organisation of thieves, child molesters, and all around LIERS is just about at the end of it's time.

It is time that we are done with them.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So i went to check this place up on google maps and wanted to take a closer look with the street view....
Guess what?
There is no street view access to the streets around the residence/sauna. Wonder why?

Here are the coordinates +41° 54' 25.28", +12° 29' 42.26" (41.907021, 12.495071) if you want to check it out for yourself.
Only other street view blackouts in the area are US embassy and Japanese consulate.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Replace church/Vatican with any other sect or government. Now what do you all have to say?

The disease runs much deeper than Catholicism.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

“’Oops, I took the wrong door, I thought it was the chapel."

This is so funny.

SnF

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

I agree with your obvious , futuristic thoughts. So too did the late Pope Paul VI, when he warned how Satan was entering the Vatican.
Freemasons indeed ???? Yuuuugh

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

satan would be entering through the rear entrance?
edit on 11-3-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You have hit the nail right on the Head..

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

so what ? seriously - so freaking what ??????????????????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join