Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

As cardinals gather to elect Pope, Catholic officials break into a sweat over news that €23m inves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i wonder if a version of the tale told by Boccaccio ever found its way to this sauna?

N the city of Capsa in Barbary there was aforetime a very rich man, who, among his other children, had a fair and winsome young daughter, by name Alibech. She, not being a Christian and hearing many Christian who abode in the —— mightily extol the Christian faith and the service of God, one day questioned one of them in what manner one might avail to serve God with the least hindrance. The other answered that they best served God who most strictly eschewed the things of the world, as those did who had betaken them into the solitudes of the deserts of Thebaïs.

The simple maiden, aged perhaps some fourteen years, moved rather by a childish whim than any real vocation, set out on the morrow alone and telling nobody to walk into the desert. So firmly was she resolved that after several days of hardship she reached the wilderness of Thebais. From afar she descried a little hut, and coming up to it, found there a holy man. Amazed to see such a one there, he asked what she came to seek. Her answer was that, aspiring towards God, she came thither to serve Him, and in the hope of finding a teacher to that end.

The Devil In Hell

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The Vatican and it's crew never cease to amaze me. What haven't they done these days?!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Acidtastic

so what ? seriously - so freaking what ??????????????????
so freaking what? Well lets start with the hypocrisy with the anti gay stance of the Vatican, swiftly moving on to fact that public money was spent on this venture and then on to just how very funny it is to see these hypocrites squirming and all of the obligatory lies which will follow about how they didn't know it was a gay sauna. As the article quoted from a gay website when you can't be seen entering a place like this, having a back door entrance is a good idea.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I believe Acid was just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Catholic Church being against homosexuality, yet partaking in it.

Something to that effect. At least that's what I inferred.

I'm also fairly sure Acidtastic is an LGBT supporter like myself.

I agree with your sentiment this shouldn't bother anyone. Save for being bothered by hypocrisy (that being the case).

Originally posted by Acidtastic
so freaking what? Well lets start with the hypocrisy with the anti gay stance of the Vatican

You're a faster typer! hehehe. You posted this while I was writing my reply so I didn't see it
edit on 12-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You want to start with irony and hypocrisy go no further than the title: Pope. Pope means father.

Who does the pope represent, according to the Church? Jesus. What does Jesus say about calling yourself father, or anyone else for that matter (in a spiritual sense, this is not referring to calling your dad your father):

(Matthew 23:9-12) . . .Moreover, do not call anyone YOUR father on earth, for one is YOUR Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among YOU must be YOUR minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

No one should be called "father" in a spiritual sense. The very title Pope is blasphemous to Jehovah God.

Are they gathering to elect a new leader to head the Church? Oops, I guess Jesus isn't their leader then, otherwise they wouldn't be voting in a new leader. No one on earth should be a leader of true Christians. Because Jesus is our leader.

And who should be the greatest? Oh, yes, the ones that minister. To minister really means to serve, or to slave for. Are the clergy slaves for the people? Are they humble or do they exalt themselves?

Have they read the Bible? And if they have, do they have no shame that they are totally busted as false by Jesus own words?

They are NOT ashamed.

They even use disgusting images in their worship, such as the cross.

Back in Ezekiel's day, Jehovah's servants had brought the cross into his temple to worship it. (The cross comes from ancient pagan rituals. It originated as the symbol of Tamuz, the man who died a violent death and was raised a god. Tammuz was none other than Nimrod, a mighty opposer of Jehovah. What did Jehovah think of the cross in his house:

(Ezekiel 8:13, 14) . . . And he continued on to say to me: “You will yet see again great detestable things that they are doing.” 14 So he brought me to the entrance of the gate of the house of Jehovah, which is toward the north, and, look! there the women were sitting, weeping over the [god] Tam′muz.

The custom was to weep over the cross (or Tau) as the representation of Tammuz. This weeping was traditional as Nimrod (Tammuz) died a violent death, and was resurrected as a God. (This tradition was carried over into all types of ancient religions, including, but not limited to the Egyptian Osiris. In Egyptian tradition Osiris was sawn asunder and parts of his bodies sent all around the realm. The roots of these myths come from Shem, the son of Noah, who most likely standing up for pure worship, put Nimrod to death. Nimrod worship is the basis of almost all religions. In some form or another.

Because Shem was still alive and a staunch advocate of true worship Nimrod's wife (who was also deified along with Nimrod, for example the Egyptian Isis, in Babylon known as Semermanis) had to go underground, and thus you get the mystery religions. They could not do their disgusting worship in the open while he lived.

Oh, and another interesting thing, in the ancient mystery religion founded in Babylon by Nimrod's deified wife/mother (where you get mother/son worship i. e. Osiris/Isis Mary/Jesus, etc.) the successor in the line of Nimrod was known as the Pontifex Maximus, or High Priest of the mystery religion. This was passed down in Babylon and eventually merged into Persian false worship, until Rome conquered the Medo-Persian Empire, and the high priest of that ancient mystery religion bestowed that ancient title of successor in the line of Nimrod or Pontifex Maximus on Ceasar. Thus Ceasar was deified as a god, and became head of the pagan state as both spiritual and secular leader. And Ceasar kept the pagan title of High Priest in the succession of Nimrod until a bishop of Rome, the papa, or pope (meaning Father) was handed the title by Roman Emperor Constantine. And thus since the third century C. E. from the beggining of the formation of the Catholic Church, the head of it has reigned with both a blasphemous title of Pope (father, in direct contradiction to Jesus' commands to his real followers) and also received the pagan title as the successor of Nimrod as Pontifex Maximus, of that ancient pagan religion.
edit on 12-3-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I actually remember doing a little video about this history a few years ago. And checked and still have it. So I will upload it to Youtube and post link when it's read.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

wow,

Talk about irony. I bet Benedict is washing his hands of everything about it now, and trying to just forget it all.....

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
reply to post by SubAce

I actually remember doing a little video about this history a few years ago. And checked and still have it. So I will upload it to Youtube and post link when it's read.

Here it is:

youtu.be...

edit on 12-3-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pjhead1

I wish everyone would stop telling "everyone" to stop believing what they believe in.

It's like teaching a blind man what colour is like. You can go on all day, but at the end of it, his mind won't be changed.

Let people do what they want, much like you're allowed to believe what you do.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It will not change!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The very same Zionist slime that has infiltrated America have infiltrated the Catholic Church as well. We will be rid of it soon enough.
edit on 12-3-2013 by POXUSA because: txt

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

I agree but seems not "everyone" here is trying to ask everyone to stop believing, some were just pointing out the hypocrisy of those who leads and just like any leaders in any grouping, there's bound to be misfit to lead.

But those who do want to convince others to stop believing on their faith and follow their ways instead and thinking they're much better, well they're equally the same as the people they're criticizing imo.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

This 76-year-old “prince of the church” enjoys a 12-room apartment on the first-floor of the imposing palazzo,...

12 Rooms??? I thought their moto was modesty/ sharing/ blablabla?

There are 18 other Vatican apartments in the block, many of which house priests.

23 million Euro on 18 apartments???
Around 1,2 MILLION EURO!? per apartment.

I see donations and state sponsored money being used wisely...
edit on 12/3/13 by TheUltraFantastic because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It would be easy to assume that there is no way that activities of this nature can have gone overlooked by the residents of the building. However, in this decaying cess pit that we call society, it is not always the case these days that everyone knows everyone in a building, especially a large one. I know plenty of block dwellers who have never met thier neighbors on either side, let alone those residing one floor below.

However, I do think it somewhat unfortunate, and not a little bit strange, that the vatican has only just been made aware (supposedly) that there is a hotspot of what it would call deviant behavior in one of the buildings it has assets in. One would assume that places like this are kept under some level of scrutiny to prevent such scandalous revalations being made.

This could not be a "worse" time for this information to be made public, since as the article suggests, there are rumours that the pope left office due to a homosexual cabal existing within the higher tiers of the church, there was the incident involving abuse of priests by the highest ranking Catholic in the UK, not to mention the scandal of the treatment of women who found themselves in Catholic run laundry facilities over decades, AND the ongoing concern over the Catholic Church and its willingness, or lack thereof to be proactive in terms of dealing with child molestation in its ranks to a degree considered acceptable by the public, and the various law enforcement agencies prosecuting such crimes.

The organisation is doomed, largely by its own hand in my estimation. Constant reminders of the failiures of its leadership to address legitimate concerns about its practices, its members, its finances, are going to drive it into the ground, and they need not, because if the problems there were being sorted out rather than hushed up, the criminals within driven out and put in jail, if the moral questions hanging over the sexual preferences of priests, and wether or not they will be accepted or vilified FINALLY sorted out once and for all, then there would be none of the uncertainty that currently surrounds the organisation.

Disclaimer:
I personally have about as much love for the RCC as I do for The Plauge, and I think thier treatment of the situations which currently prevail has been ghastly throughout the years. Thier failiure to address the matter of child molestation, and a whole host of other matters, including this ridiculous matter regarding the gay sauna in a building they have interests in, lets down the entire ideal that they are supposed to uphold, which results in less people hearing the word of Jesus, and that is never acceptable. I may not agree with thier ritualistic, demi-pagan, virgin worshipping, and largely blasphemous interpretation of the way Christs church on Earth should be administered, but that does not mean that the cluster copulation that is the RCC should be allowed to run itself aground under the propulsion of its own idiocy.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by POXUSA
The very same Zionist slime that has infiltrated America have infiltrated the Catholic Church as well. We will be rid of it soon enough.

Who "we" are is most certainly not anyone here @ ATS
edit on 12-3-2013 by POXUSA because: txt

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marhaba
reply to post by xxdaniel21

But those who do want to convince others to stop believing on their faith and follow their ways instead and thinking they're much better, well they're equally the same as the people they're criticizing imo.

If someone thinks they're better than anyone else they are fooling themselves. And if someone says something that is good and true, even if they don't follow it themselves, it is still good and true counsel.

For example the religious leaders of the Jews, although teaching the law of Moses to the people, they themselves did not follow it. They were hypocrites. Thus Jesus told the people:

(Matthew 23:2, 3) . . .“The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform.

Or in other words: 'do as they say, not as they do.'

On the other hand, if someone is clean and applies firsthand to themselves all things, then they have what is known as "freeness of speech":

(Philippians 1:20) . . .in harmony with my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be ashamed in any respect, but that in all freeness of speech Christ will, as always before, so now be magnified by means of my body, whether through life or through death.

A person who is honest and humble and serves the true God Jehovah in sincerity and lives up to his law, this person is righteous in his eyes. And then he has "freeness of speech" not being ashamed in any respect as to his personal conduct. And then, eventually those evildoers who call down evil upon Jehovah's servants because of their cleanness, will upon observing their conduct, not their words, their conduct, will finally have to praise God:

(1 Peter 2:12) . . .Maintain YOUR conduct fine among the nations, that, in the thing in which they are speaking against YOU as evildoers, they may as a result of YOUR fine works of which they are eyewitnesses glorify God in the day for [his] inspection.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjhead1
I wish everyone would stop believing in fairy tales and stories like MOST of us did when we were kids.

Replace "Jesus" with "Thor" everywhere you see it and then see if you take it seriously....

Look dude, I don't care how much Christianity or religion or whatever annoys you...you still can't go around through life switching things around as you please. It's just not a feasible, sustainable lifeplan!

If I replace WALK with DON'T WALK, I'll get hit by a car!!!

Think about that one for a minute....

What do I think? Jesus might not like it much, you going around calling him Thor. Matter o' fact, that sounds like a good way to piss him off sumth'n fierce!

Nah, I'm just kidding, he would be cool with it.

But still... Why?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

IMO, I believe that the vatican (notice I didn't capitalize) has been in place for only one reason. To keep the fear into the sheeple! The sheeple need guidance!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

You can't make this stuff up.
Who's he kidding. The Cardinal just happens to live next to a gay bath house?
It almost sounds like a bad joke.

From altering boys to "getting clean"..... smh

hmm yes stinks doesn't it. How the hell do they get away with all the corruption??

s & f from me... great find

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos
So i went to check this place up on google maps and wanted to take a closer look with the street view....
Guess what?
There is no street view access to the streets around the residence/sauna. Wonder why?

Here are the coordinates +41° 54' 25.28", +12° 29' 42.26" (41.907021, 12.495071) if you want to check it out for yourself.
Only other street view blackouts in the area are US embassy and Japanese consulate.

This 'black out' deserves a thread of its own!

you can understand for security issues, some areas maybe blacked out, but an apartment complex??
how convenient.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join