It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As cardinals gather to elect Pope, Catholic officials break into a sweat over news that €23m inves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I knew the church would die off.
But I never thought that it would kill its self off.

Any one add to this list?
The Catholic Church is kiddie fiddlers gay and launders money for the Mob.
Like they did for the Nazis.

Maybe they are Satanists?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

As cardinals gather to elect Pope, Catholic officials break into a sweat over news that €23m investment includes gay sauna

www.independent.co.uk

A day ahead of the papal conclave, faces at the scandal-struck Vatican were even redder than usual after it emerged that the Holy See had purchased a €23 million (£21 million) share of a Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna.

The senior Vatican figure sweating the most due to the unlikely proximity of the gay Europa Multiclub is probably Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelisation of Peoples, who is due to participate in tomorrow’s election at the Sistine Chapel.

This 76-year-old “prince of the church” enjoys a 12-room apartment
(visit the link for the full news article)

Though I am religious I believe the Vatican is nothing more than a club for greedy pedaphiles! I believe in God and believe that he no longer recognizes the catholic heirarchy! At least I hope he does'nt! What benevolent
omnipotent being would endorse their actions! I can only assume that we are in the last days of Roman catholicism and will begin to see a shift away from these types of heirarchal religious groups who are hypocritical!
I believe that these men may even be worshipping an antichrist if their behavior is any indication of their views.
All I can say is "may god have mercy on their souls"!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I think its time the vatican was turned into a museum

I think its time it was turned into a pile of ash and rubble.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I'm a Catholic. And not ashamed to say that i am.

But i AM ashamed of those in charge of the religion. I am slowly losing respect for those people, not the religion. Some people can say religion was/is used to keep us in check and it's all lies. Fair enough, those people may have a valid point. But many religions and their followers have done so many great things across the globe. That's the focus i'd love people to have when looking at Catholicism or any religion for that matter! Eyes way from the corrupt leaders and focus on the real people who do great things in the name of their religion.

But that won't happen... scandals like this are far more exciting! But i'm not saying they shouldn't be called up on it. The hypocrisy in religion is quite substantial.... but there is corruption everywhere that has authority i guess, least of all the political world.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
What are these people drinking? With all the real gay scandals surrounding the catholic church for it seems like over a decade now (and that's just the public tip of the iceberg) you'd think someone, somewhere, would be putting a stop to it. Nope. Let's just up the ante and see if they catch us again.

The next Pope better hit the ground running. Either running to gather all these fish in his net and haul them to a landfill, or running away from pitchforks aimed at his backside.

If the church is that ate up then the selection of the new pope will be a reflection of that corruption. Oh he may come out an make some noise and motion for those that still dont get it.....but no there will be no sweeping changes from within to try to reform the world largest pedophile ring.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Matthew 18:9

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire."

What an appropriate passage for the "Holy See".

Holding up Matthew 18:18 like it is some form of diplomatic immunity against God is not going to help, perhaps a reminder of what happens to those who break covenants with God is in order.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The church really is the biggest and best boys club. *no gurls!*

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

As has happened so many times in the history of the Catholic Church they are poised once again to save the world from itself............God Bless the Catholic Church and all that they do for the human community throughout the world.

The Gates of Hell Will Not Prevail: Time to Defend the present Pope and his successor

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No we know why the Pope was feeling weak.

His sperm count and testosterone levels were low.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You know that "Inri" is Latin for "orgy now!"

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

I am also a catholic and not ashamed to say it either. I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.

The Church is not just those distant old men clad in red sitting in the Sistine Chapel. The Church is every single person who believes in Jesus. This is what catholic means -"universal". We all are Christ's mystic body.

Sadly enough, that body is very ill. Ill with the misdeeds and filth of those up front in the altar, drunk of themselves, destroying the lives of those they were sworn to protect and teach. Ill with the power and wealth they have amassed throughout the centuries. Covering themselves in the gold delivered by the tithing poor.

It's really painful to see every single day, in sites like ATS, in the comments sections to most news outlets, almost everywhere, so much scorn, hate and spite for the Church. But being absolutely honest and sincere about it, this scorn has been well earned by those in power, and a massive cleaning is in order. The gangrene is there and is puting the whole body in risk of death.

Probably all this hate and persecution is what is needed to clean the house and make it holy again.

I long for the days when being a Catholic Christian is again a revolutionary act.

People, seriously, not all of us catholics are pedophiles or lust for power or money. I can assure you that 99% of us are good, God-fearing people, trying our best to love our neighbour and make sense of it all. Don't cast the sins of some in the heads of us all.

edit on 12-3-2013 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Is there honestly anyone left who feels the Catholic church is any good?

Between this, the pedo scandals, the banking corruption and not even mentioning the crusades, inquisition, nazi collaboration etc etc I think its time the vatican was turned into a museum and its funds and assets distributed to the poor like it should have been in the first place.

It makes a mockery of everything its meant to represent

Actually, I make no distinction between the Catholic church and any church. Why would you?

Our Christians in USA just speak a different language. Or maybe we think we are so much better because our pastors' don't live in white marble but instead brand new sheet rock? Or that we are so much better with our persecution of same sex marriages, disrespect for the families of fallen soldiers and murder and arson of the medical doctors and establishments helping perform legal abortion.

Yeah we're golden here... religion is so much different from country to country.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by Acidtastic

wow,

Talk about irony. I bet Benedict is washing his hands of everything about it now, and trying to just forget it all.....

I don't think so, he was probably looking forward to one of those apartments to live out his retirement and of course offer full-service baptisms in the new fount (Oops, sauna) downstairs.

edit on 12-3-2013 by evc1shop because: quote

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Guys guys guys

Listen...
I'm not Vatican admirer believe me
But keep in mind the article does NOT say that members of the church were participants in some gay sauna theatre.

All that the article talks about is they rented a place and it's PROXMITY to a gay sauna.

Let's not jump to conclusions no matter how credible those conclusions seem.
Because you wouldn't like it if it was the other way around.

But i'm sure it's true.... just saying though.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjhead1
I wish everyone would stop believing in fairy tales and stories like MOST of us did when we were kids.

Replace "Jesus" with "Thor" everywhere you see it and then see if you take it seriously....

Please stop it with this ignorant nonsense, thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Has anyone seen any Basilisk lizards running around the Basilica?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And lets not forget that the most senior cardinal for the UK is not there as he (Keith O Brien) has various allegations hanging over him about "approaching inappropriately" other priests. He did not even get there!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
But srsly, what the hell are they doing with posh, 12 room apartments, if not "Eyes Wide Shut"- like orgies so perverted that you don't wanna imagine!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
But srsly, what the hell are they doing with posh, 12 room apartments, if not "Eyes Wide Shut"- like orgies so perverted that you don't wanna imagine!

what do they need 12 rooms for any way?

restroom, kitchen, bedroom, lounge um..... untility/wash room.... okay running out of things, oh study, um, how many we got now 6.... hmmm

what is it they actually do all day anyway?

seriously?!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

They are bedrooms for the little children who come over and stay. Remember the age of consent in the Vatican and in their diplomatic residences is only 12. They don't break any laws that way.

P

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join