It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China say US is top source of hacking attacks on country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

China say US is top source of hacking attacks on country

www.reuters.com

The United States was the origin of more than half of the hacking attacks on China in the first two months of 2013, state news agency Xinhua said on Sunday, amid escalating tensions between Beijing and Washington over the use of the Internet.

Beijing and Washington have been squaring off for months over the issue of cyber attacks, each accusing the other of hacking into sensitive government websites.

China has long singled out the United States as the top source of intrusion on its computers.

China's top Internet security agency, the National Computer Network Emergency Response Coor
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
rt.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
US Hackers 'Regularly Attack' China Websites

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well i guess that the war on the web is hotting up. Cyber attacks seem to be the in thing these days. The war in the shadows which may prove just as affective as actual war itself. Only in February the US said the opposite. The keyboard warriors are certainly flexing there fingers. Quite scary if you consider that everything is either computerised or going that route. Makes you paranoid every time you log into online banking and even using your local cash machine. Not to mention the large scale electricity grids. Only takes 1 mad hacker to cause major disruption and chaos

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Really ?

Pot meet Kettle.

They are the ones stealing all of our copy-write stuff and remaking it over there for dirt cheap. Hacking into corporations (not that I'm defending them) websites and stealing documents so they can create their product under a different name.

China can piss off.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Without a doubt China and the rest are just as bad. Makes you wonder about goverments putting sensitive stuff on Computers. Whats wrong with a good old fashioned fileofax

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Being both countries probably have the ability to turn off critical infrastructure on each others side and neither has.. tells me that this is nothing but a new and improved method of cold war spy-craft.

I do think, that the US is going to try and manipulate this non-threat to regulate the internet.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Obama's personal computer password is Cheeseburger i have hacked him on many occasions.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

They are the ones stealing all of our copy-write stuff and remaking it over there for dirt cheap. Hacking into corporations (not that I'm defending them) websites and stealing documents so they can create their product under a different name.

I think youre confused about how the things work in the US... "we" dont own #. The copyrights stolen are NOT "ours". They are privatized, like everything else, so the nations people do not benefit, the individual or mega rich corporation does.

In essence China hacking rich US corporations and government websites stealing "our" copyrights doesnt affect the people whatsoever. Its all just propaganda; business as usual.

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

China can piss off.

Im sure the sentiment is mutual in China as well. Anyone who thinks the US is somehow innocent, or even just "less guilty" than China in all this is deluded.

Dont call out the pot while neglecting the kettle. Looks very hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If anything the US is trying to figure out what China stole in its attacks. Then learn how they're doing it and where, and then cripple the networks involved in these attacks. Of course, plain old vanilla spying is happening as well.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Damned, I find myself having to bring the exact same remark into another thread on a completely different issue today.

They're all crazy hairless apes flinging their poo at each other !!

We've had currency wars, and trade wars, now we're having cyber-information wars.

Don't you recall China claiming the US was manipulating their currency, then the US did the same with China??

We're moving down a couple of notches from supreme commander of global affairs, and China is moving up a notch or so per decade.

This kind of propaganda... erm, poo flinging from each side... is bound to take place as things continue on.
edit on 10-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I think youre confused about how the things work in the US... "we" dont own #. The copyrights stolen are NOT "ours". They are privatized, like everything else, so the nations people do not benefit, the individual or mega rich corporation does.

Yeah someone is confused since the Chinese government benefits from hacking the people don't those Chinese are too busy as slave labor to make all that stuff they stole from the west.

new topics

top topics

join