It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the recent fatal animal attacks on humans a "sign of the times" (Biblical Prophecy)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The recent lion attack is yet another example of animals attacking humans (from pets to wild animals). There is a prophecy in Revelations that could be construed as predicting this in the time of the Great Tribulation:

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!”. I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. Revelation 6:7-8 NIV

A South African farmer that kept a hippo as a pet was recently killed by it at feeding time also. There was a recent fatal shark attack in New Zealand but those of the coast of Florida have been lucky so far by the recent north migration that has thousands of sharks just off shore. IF anyone knows of other recent attacks on humans (pets or wild animals) this would be a good place to post them (including new attacks going forward).

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Shock horror....people getting killed by wild animals.

The end must be nigh

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

There seems to be a trend of increased aggressiveness by animals (domesticated and wild) and it is predicted in Revelations (I even saw stories of pet rabbits, cats, dogs and farm animals like cows going crazy).

1timothy4-13.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Hi Hi -

Great thread. But of course it is, lol! I tried the same thing 3 years ago.

'End Times': When Animals Attack!

I hope this thread has better luck!

Oh, and since I'm here let me vent! I'm pretty angrified by the actions of the intern who was killed. She was not supposed to be where she was when she was and especially not alone. I'm sorry for her family she was killed - but she was killed by her own negligence and as a result Cous Cous was shot. What a horrible shame.

I dunno if that's a sign of the times or another instance of personal ego ruling over common sense.

Edit to Add:

I just read another report here: link

The lion that killed an intern in a California animal park had escaped from its cage, and broke Dianna Hanson's neck while she was cleaning its outer enclosure, authorities say. "The gate of the cage was partially open, which allowed the lion called Cous Cous," who weighed 550 pounds, "to lift it up with his paw," the coroner says, adding that the attack killed Hanson immediately. She had been on the phone with a co-worker just before the attack; the co-worker worried when the call ended suddenly, the AP reports.

How sad! So she wasn't in the cage alone and at the wrong time like the original report! How sad!
I guess that changes everything.

peace
edit on 8-3-2013 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The short answer.
No

Animal attacks have always happened all over the world.
All throughout history.
They just aren't publicized as much.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The reason why it appears to be increasing (animal attacks on humans) is easy we are encroaching more and more into their habitat.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I don't think there is an increase in animal attacks- wild or domestic. I just think that we hear about them more frequently these days as everybody is on the internet posting about them. I do believe as we (humans) encroach on the territories of wild animals we will start to see an increase in the future, followed by a lot of animals being added to the endangered species rolls as humans kill them off or the animals lose their natural hunting and breeding grounds to housing developments and shopping malls. As human numbers increase the numbers of wild animals will sadly decrease.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I like to think it's in part do to the drop in commonsense we have now.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Since when were lions and hippo's considered pets?

Last I checked, the hippo is one of, if not THE most dangerous animal in Africa.

Geez.... next thing we will hear from the OP is someone's "pet" crocodile Fluffy ate him, and it is surely signs of the end.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm dissapointed that they killed the lion because that idiot thought it was a good idea to GO PET A FREAKING LION.

What the crap did she think was going to happen?

Otherwise no. When people mess with wild animals they get eaten. Just ask the grizzly man

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Are the recent fatal animal attacks on humans a "sign of the times" (Biblical Prophecy)?

My answer is no.

It's just the "Animal Spring" - they are tired of being dictated too.

Just like the Commoners got tired of the Bankers Oppression and had "Occupy Wall Street"

The Animals got tired of Human Oppression and are engaging in "Occupy Human Throats"

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Animals have attacked human beings for as long as human beings have existed. This is nothing new.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

...in short... no.

Animal attacks themselves aren't something worth writing home about, especially when the majority of the attacks that we've seen in recent years have been due to human error or stupidity, or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My point is... when the Bible talks about animal attacks (and the verses you've quoted refer to the Great Tribulation, which is important - particularly given that we're not currently in the Tribulation at all, let alone the last 3.5 years of it), it's not talking about normal events, or even a slight escalation in the number and frequency. It's talking about something entirely supernatural.

So, when the events described in Revelation do occur, you won't have to post threads in ATS to ask "is this it?". You'll know.
edit on 8-3-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'd say these attacks are a sign that these animals aren't being fed enough. Cats that are sated and properly handled don't attack their handlers.

The most recent attack was a classic big cat attack. Back of the neck and break it. The cat was hungry.

It's too bad they took the ignorant course and shot it for doing what a wild animal does.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
mmm no..its nature..a 500lb lion which is a wild an unpredictable animal will hunt a 100lb whatever, big fish eat little fish. its a shame the lion was put down, i guess it was so they could retreive the worker..they should have tranquilizing gear on hand.
i had heard that she previously expressed unhappiness that she couldnt be in the cage with the lion, it now appears that she wasnt in the cage as earlier reported..these big cats cannot be domesticated and im sure living in a cage no matter the size may affect an animals behaviour.
mankind does the most terrible things to animals really..animals have a whole lot of catching up to do

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Because people have not been killed by wild animals all throughout the history of the planet?

new topics

top topics

join