It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

Originally posted by TheXBoarder

Is it actually possible for this lunatic to get a nuke to land in the US?

I believe they could do this but only with the help of China.

Would China help?........who knows.

China would never never ever do that. I know it is in vogue to view the PRC as the new USSR, but times are different now and international politics and economics means the two largest countries need eachother more than people think. This is the reason why we in the UK haven't had any new wars with France or Spain.

link   
reply to post by flexy123

How would i know the weather in Tehran? Im in the UK as stated in my post...get a life, and try and contribute to the thread rather than derailing it.

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Jepic

This isn't a thread about the US government it is about NK.
Yes propaganda goes on in every country even mine
start another thread If you like and we can go on about the failings of the US government.

This thread is very well about the US government otherwise who is the country that NK has a problem with? Gnomeland? Narnia?

No. The US.

So I tell you. Would you like a foreign superpower to invade your country?

link   
reply to post by TheXBoarder

Short answer yes the DPRK could hit the US with their missiles The DF5 made by China is one they most likely have , their newest missile could hit the mid west or DC it is not the missile it self that hits it is the warhead, launch the missile up in stages then the last stage is the warhead, like throwing a foot ball the higher it goes up, the further it will go.
edit on 7-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
an unidentified spokesman said this, random guy with credentials to talk for NK. lol

An unidentified spokesman for the country's foreign ministry said the North will exercise its right for "pre-emptive nuclear strikes on the headquarters of the aggressors".

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheXBoarder
First time posting (longtime reader but felt it was time to join up), and I have one topic on this threat that concerns me:
Is it actually possible for this lunatic to get a nuke to land in the US?

No.

They JUST tested their latest missile where they sent a satellite up, that is their ONLY missile which might even remotely being able to reach, say, Alaska, but quite possible it cannot..

However, this missile can not carry a nuclear warhead that will weigh tons.

All their other missile tests FAILED, the rest is Scud etc. missiles with minimal range. Alaska is 6000km away and West coast is 8000-9000km away.

All their rhetoric is because of the success of their last test in December where they, for a change, managed it shoot up a missile which did not blow up at launch. But it will still be a LOONG way until they would be able to use them with warheads and then get them anywhere 8000kms away.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
How can you take that for granted? 3 commercial airliners did what they wanted to do without any hassle,

Three commercial airliners took advantage of a system that was designed to counter incoming threats, not internal threats.

russian subs reached us waters using brit sub signatures, they just get where they want when they want without any opposition

Unless they had UK reactors you can't fake a signature like that. The Russian subs were in international waters, and never entered US territory, except the Sierra-2 that had permission to take shelter in a US port to avoid Sandy.

like they did at guam last week

Again, they were in international airspace and never entered US territory.

military constantly uses commercial jets or at least something with a civilian jet signature to get their ops on site without being detected on radar

The military bought commercially modified aircraft to use as transports. There is no such thing as a "civilian jet signature". A radar doesn't differentiate based on any kind of signature, but by how much energy is returned to the antenna. The civilian looking aircraft the military uses are all transports, tankers, and cargo aircraft, not combat aircraft, and won't go into a combat area, unless they are special ops. There are a few that are used that aren't marked as US, but only so people won't know that an American diplomat is in the area.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

Short answer yes the DPRK could hit the US with their missiles The DF5 made by China is one they most likely have , their newest missile could hit the mid west or DC it is not the missile it self that hits it is the warhead, launch the missile up in stages then the last stage is the warhead, like throwing a foot ball the higher it goes up, the further it will go.
edit on 7-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

does it have to hit or just come in with the wind?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Well my concern is that China has already helped and given them the weapons they need to carry this out. I can see them offering all the pieces without thinking that NK had the capability to put together a long range weapon. Now China is taking a firm stance against NK for their latest nuke test. Could that be their guilt showing in an attempt to fully support the US and others because they fear they gave a loaded gun to a maniac?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is a link to a Korean news paper.(The Rodong Sinmun is the official newspaper of the Central Committee of the Worker’s Party of Korea and one of the most important propaganda tools of the DPRK government.) It has some alarming articles in it, including some things on the front page..Such as: "We will crush the strongholds of
the hostile forces with precision nuclear strike"
A must read, click this link, if interested. This gives your the Korean side of the story..Too many articles to list!

Really cool and interesting stuff I thought..
Edit:Ok.. so now the link is not working..still trying

www.northkoreatech.org...

This one worked..just scroll down and click on the link to the website..there is an optiong for englist when you get there..

edit on 7-3-2013 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The only missile they have that might reach that far is the Taepodong-2, which has yet to fly longer than 35-40 seconds. The Unha that carried their satellite into orbit might be able to, but it's had one semi-successful flight to date (the satellite failed to enter orbit properly). Even if they could, they can't carry more than about 1,000 lbs and do it.

A three stage Taepodong could reach the Midwest, but the one that is currently "fielded" can barely reach California, and Hawaii. Alaska would be in trouble if it ever flew.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ok thanks! I guess it would be a bit far-fetched to assume they had the technology but never bothered to test it. My fear is always that this country is so secretive that they would keep that technology under lock, make some show with lesser technology, and keep the good stuff as an 'Ace in the hole' should war come up. With so much hidden from the world it is really hard to get a read on this country and its leader. The last thing you want is to underestimate someone or get tricked by a slight of hand. NK is in my mind the most dangerous country in this world. They are quite clever in their brainwashing, media control, and propaganda. It makes for lots of soldiers willing to die for a false cause, and that is very scary.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

But how do you know it's going to work if you don't test it? And you can't hide a missile launch now.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by bekod

The only missile they have that might reach that far is the Taepodong-2, which has yet to fly longer than 35-40 seconds. The Unha that carried their satellite into orbit might be able to, but it's had one semi-successful flight to date (the satellite failed to enter orbit properly). Even if they could, they can't carry more than about 1,000 lbs and do it.

A three stage Taepodong could reach the Midwest, but the one that is currently "fielded" can barely reach California, and Hawaii. Alaska would be in trouble if it ever flew.

Hawaii is even closer and far more at risk. They could use other more tried and tested missiles on those islands and the result would be catastrophic.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I guess that is the question. Crazy dictators like these don't follow common war logic. They bend rules and change the game at will. It's hard to believe that they would have this technology without a proper test. But if they did showcase the technology, it would significantly ramp up sanctions and actions by the US and others. Playing the smoke screen of "our technology is almost there" could buy them time to build and expand their better stuff. All it takes is several well-timed warheads landing at once to push the US back into the Stone age. If their hate is truly that great then I could see them working in shadows and hiding their worst for when they get a clean shot.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

you do know they have the DF5 technology from china don't ya the DF5 www.rodong.rep.kp... i wish i could up load the pic from them DPRK for they do have it it might the old DF4 www.fas.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MildCat

I'm in the UK also, but every one should keep a close eye on this, but here is a
my little snip of wisdom, I'm a Dad and wouldn’t want to start soothing for my kids sake!

Little Kim has just had a child! So....
My guess is, NK is desperate and this will perhaps be the beginning of the end.

On the other hand they may be true mad dogs spoiling for a war.

edit on 7-3-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I would think loading one on a disguised commercial airline would be quite the technological feat....or on a cargo ship............I would imagine we have eyes on all their nuke material, but maybe not.

China and Russia have signed off on the new sanctions so all of you thinking it is the West vs the Rest need to update your vast understanding.

link   
reply to post by MildCat

I actually dont think that China wants to get into any war, but at the same time i dont think they'd like to see America and its allies take NK either.

It would be a very difficult decision for those at the top in China, do they risk their economy by upsetting the west or do they let the west get a bigger foothold in Asia via NK.

Theres already a lot of huff and puff over their so called sovereign lands, the situation that could arise from this is much bigger a concern than any lump of rock they have a spat with japan over........the question is, would they go to war for NK?........i personally wouldnt like to bet either way.

The world is a powder keg right now, its just a case of who's brave enough to light the matches.

link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Friday is spontatious admiration day when Kim tours the plaza. He always has his corn dogs after that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join