It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The problem is twofold. He grew up watching his father saber rattle, and get results. This actually used to work. His father would pop up like clockwork about every two years, rant, get money and food, and fall silent for a time.

Well. It quit working. And, he doesn't know when to shut up.

He continues to ramp up the rhetoric in an attempt to get a response, any response. It is like a child having a tantrum. Raise the decibels with each rampage in hopes the attention comes. Even negative attention is better than being ignored.

So far, he has been ignored. He is unstable, moreso, apparently, than his father. Will he cross the proverbial line? Maybe. That remains to be seen.

If Iran is as involved as I suspect, and possibly Russia, then I can see him being used and manipulated rather easily by both or either country as an in-between war by proxy tool to attack the US.

He seems fearless, but his ramping up of rhetoric to near panic levels in recent weeks belies him.

He is scared, and showing it. He didn't learn well enough from father, and is betraying him as we witness it.

edit on 7-3-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
Starving families of North Korea will recieve what these families got, a delicious bow of freedom.

Give up.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by MamaJ

I think that would just make things far worse.
China wouldn't stand for that nor would many other countries in the world.
It is against every international law going.

Are you kidding me? So... you are saying because of China and "law" we could give a rats arse for anyway.. we should kill all the innocent people and possibly not even harm a hair on little Un? Please!

I don't care what its against! Killing him verses the people is plain wrong no matter how you want to justify it. Assassinating him does not have to be publicized either.

But... again... no money... no media.. no fun for anyone I guess.

Lets just go over there and kill em all. I think you would rather hear that anyway. Forget the girl eating grass...... lets go kill her entire family too.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

reply to post by MamaJ

I think that would just make things far worse.
China wouldn't stand for that nor would many other countries in the world.
It is against every international law going.

Are you kidding me? So... you are saying because of China and "law" we could give a rats arse for anyway.. we should kill all the innocent people and possibly not even harm a hair on little Un? Please!

I don't care what its against! Killing him verses the people is plain wrong no matter how you want to justify it. Assassinating him does not have to be publicized either.

But... again... no money... no media.. no fun for anyone I guess.

Lets just go over there and kill em all. I think you would rather hear that anyway. Forget the girl eating grass...... lets go kill her entire family too.

Are you sure you fully understand the flow of conversation here?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

NOT THE MIDWEST!!! That would cause global shorts in all the nice food the world loves, so no not going to be allowed.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Look many people are brainwashed in NK last thing we need is to make a martyr of his kind.
Who takes over in his place? Generals who may be itching for a fight and that ends badly on all sides.
I feel the Chinese must get more involved and reading that they have been backing sanctions they may just do that.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MildCat

reply to post by MildCat

We are not stuck between a rock and hard place though.

Assassination works great.

Oh..... but..... its not profitable. The US likes profit, I think we can all agree on that one. We would rather go in, kill innocent people of the country rather than kill the leader we have issues with and or feel threatened by.

We could flatten that lil turd with a quickness... but again... no money to be made.

Do they? They'll almost certainly have a standby ready to take power as soon as the round hits, 5 hours later, Seoul and Tokyo will exist only in the memory of those who lived there and survived. The US will almost certainly be attacked too.

Still think they work? Think again.

Still think that we aren't between a rock and a hard place? Well, none of us want the NK population to suffer more. It's bad enough as it is for them, and no matter what the ills of the government are, we cannot blame their people. Any attack on them or by them will cause the population to suffer worse than ever before. So how do we solve this problem? Talking has failed. Sanctions, and I can say fairly confidently the ones due today included, have failed. So how do we neutralise the threat of the Jong Il government without harming the already beleaguered population?

This guy is a maniac, Jesus Christ. WTF

NK is responding to sanctions imposed by nations that possess nukes, you can't tell a nation what to do on their land. Sanctions are an act of war, you want them to accept sanctions because you don't like what they are doing? If they asked the US to destroy its nuclear arsenal will the Us do it, hell no. This is a threat caused by the West, why is the option of leaving NK alone and letting them trade as they so fit such a problem? You aren't stuff between a rock and no place, you want to attack NK, oh they will attack SK, why would they? Dude get back on the negotiation table and put the death machines down.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Do they? They'll almost certainly have a standby ready to take power as soon as the round hits, 5 hours later, Seoul and Tokyo will exist only in the memory of those who lived there and survived. The US will almost certainly be attacked too. Still think they work? Think again. Still think that we aren't between a rock and a hard place? Well, none of us want the NK population to suffer more. It's bad enough as it is for them, and no matter what the ills of the government are, we cannot blame their people. Any attack on them or by them will cause the population to suffer worse than ever before. So how do we solve this problem? Talking has failed. Sanctions, and I can say fairly confidently the ones due today included, have failed. So how do we neutralise the threat of the Jong Il government without harming the already beleaguered population?
reply to post by MildCat

I know you like to argue, but I don't and I am A WOMAN.

They will have a standby huh? Who? We could kill them too if they don't fit the bill.

I do think it would work... I am thinking humane while you are thirsty for the blood of innocent people or so it seems. Stop it already if thats the case.

We assassinate.. look at our history in its regard, we do it well.

Peace never comes from war. Money does though.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Eh? are you drunk? or high?
When have I said we should kill anyone? you are the one going on about assassination which would cause far more deaths.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Taking out a single individual that is the head of state in that country would not solve anything.

There will be others that will quickly step in and fill that vacuum. And it could be someone even worse. Someone who doesn't saber rattle, but actually does want to go to war, etc, etc, etc.

Think of it like a Dragon. Cut the head off, sure it dies.
Only in this case it's more like a Hydra, with many heads. cut one one, another grows in.

To effect a regime change in NK, you will have to do much more than remove a single head of state. You'll have to remove the entire regime, or cripple it with no leadership.

I'm not advocating any war (I actually lived in SK when I was a boy in the 70's). But assassinating Kim would not really do much, except actually start that war.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Look many people are brainwashed in NK last thing we need is to make a martyr of his kind.
Who takes over in his place? Generals who may be itching for a fight and that ends badly on all sides.
I feel the Chinese must get more involved and reading that they have been backing sanctions they may just do that.

Oh... ok.... You are right.

Lets kill all the innocent people, its better than making him look like a martyr. Who cares for the lives of the people.. lets make our point that way. Much better... indeed.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Well if its going to be a war... lets get him first as he is the one causing the problems. Why kill his people first?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
>>
1. NK can carry as many nuclear tests as it wants within its borders, the US carries tests all the time yet I don't see anyone raising an issue.
>>

MAYBE this is because those states USUALLY don't thread with preemptive strikes. We have nukes for decades already, you can halfway rely on that the US or Russia (for that matter) is halfway sane. NK, OBVIOUSLY, is not.

>>
2. Dennis Rodman opened a channel for the Western people to know NK, but the govt and media shunned it.
>>

NK has ANY freedom and liberty to do what they want, it's THEIR choice to be isolated from the rest of the world, by having the worst dictatorship regime on this planet. No one forces them. Actually, we just sit there and allow the idiot regime do what they want. It's ON THEM to engage in "opening channels", NOT ON US. What irony that you are talking about "open channels", in regards to an extremely oppressive regime where a flow of free information does not even exist and where people are in concentration camps for many reasons.

>>
3. A Sanction is an aggressive act which indangers the livelyhood of NK people
>>

A sanction is not an effing "aggressive act", the sanctions are a result of THEIR actions and are a wise thing to do instead of military action. It is true that it affects their people negatively, but again, IS THIS OUR FAULT???

>>
4. Leave NK alone, people don't know what is going on in their own cities govt, yet are knee deep in NK business.
>>

Uhm..like we or anyone has an effing interest in NK? We do in fact "leave NK alone". Because we left NK alone, this is why NK is where it is today, the #hole it is . Only by leaving them alone it is even possible that a mad regime can even exist on this planet.

You obviously are unable to see WHO is making the threats and WHO is actually the "bad guy" here. Your hate for your own country must have totally blinded you.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hold on have I said lets bomb the people or goto war? no you are the one suggesting violence to solve the problem.
Iam suggesting asking the Chinese to get more involved.

edit on 7-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Eh? are you drunk? or high?
When have I said we should kill anyone? you are the one going on about assassination which would cause far more deaths.

I have read your posts within this thread.

Do you really want to go there? Insulting me now personally?

If you cannot have a conversation with me without the insults.. don't reply to me.

Thank you!!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well don't assume I want to go over there and start a bloody war because I have not said anything of the sort.
In fact show me my posts where I say I want to goto war and hurt the people...go on then say sorry.
edit on 7-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

Well if its going to be a war... lets get him first as he is the one causing the problems. Why kill his people first?

It's not that easy.

Stop and think about it for a minute. Let's go back to WW2: would assassinating Hitler at done anything? Think about it. His regime was bent on following his plans. Only if he had been taken out, we may have ended up with a Nazi leader that was smarter than him, who would actually let his generals do their jobs right, instead of interfering. WW2 could have lasted even longer, or yes, it might have shorten it.....if there had been a conditional surrender of Nazi Germany, but with the Nazis retaining their power.

It's a complicated mess. The ideal situation would be for Kim to stop building a military war machine and actually take care of his people. Period.

But when was the last time a despot leader actually did that?

I don't think there are any good solutions other than the regime suddenly changing it's attitude towards it's own people, or it's own people rising up against that regime.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu

Originally posted by MildCat

reply to post by MildCat

We are not stuck between a rock and hard place though.

Assassination works great.

Oh..... but..... its not profitable. The US likes profit, I think we can all agree on that one. We would rather go in, kill innocent people of the country rather than kill the leader we have issues with and or feel threatened by.

We could flatten that lil turd with a quickness... but again... no money to be made.

Do they? They'll almost certainly have a standby ready to take power as soon as the round hits, 5 hours later, Seoul and Tokyo will exist only in the memory of those who lived there and survived. The US will almost certainly be attacked too.

Still think they work? Think again.

Still think that we aren't between a rock and a hard place? Well, none of us want the NK population to suffer more. It's bad enough as it is for them, and no matter what the ills of the government are, we cannot blame their people. Any attack on them or by them will cause the population to suffer worse than ever before. So how do we solve this problem? Talking has failed. Sanctions, and I can say fairly confidently the ones due today included, have failed. So how do we neutralise the threat of the Jong Il government without harming the already beleaguered population?

This guy is a maniac, Jesus Christ. WTF

NK is responding to sanctions imposed by nations that possess nukes, you can't tell a nation what to do on their land. Sanctions are an act of war, you want them to accept sanctions because you don't like what they are doing? If they asked the US to destroy its nuclear arsenal will the Us do it, hell no. This is a threat caused by the West, why is the option of leaving NK alone and letting them trade as they so fit such a problem? You aren't stuff between a rock and no place, you want to attack NK, oh they will attack SK, why would they? Dude get back on the negotiation table and put the death machines down.

Oh do be quiet. All I have ever said is that I care about the people, you are the one in favour of keeping the status quo, which as the world has seen, has been nothing but endless deaths and suffering. And you talk about me being a maniac with death machines?

Nice try.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

This thread is about N. Korea and the possibility of a preemptive strike (war).

Obviously nothing is working with Kim so.... war is the only alternative?? I offered an alternative to an all out war.

You have defended the starving children which is where I am at as well, only I am saying kill him and not the innocent children who may or may not be starving... its pointless when there is a war coming to their back yard.

Here in the US... I am comfy and my kids are not hungry, however I feel for any one starving or oppressed by their leader. Taking over countries is something I am still not used to and will never be comfy with.

War does not equal peace and that is my point.

No war... want him dead... kill him but leave the people alone.

If saying that makes me appear drunk or high then so be it.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
***ATTENTION PLEASE***

The topic of this thread is

N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

From this point forward any personal attacks or off topic bickering will be removed and the member warned.
Please refrain from personal attacks and stay on topic

Thank you,

DaveSpanners
ATS Moderator

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
ATS Terms & Conditions
YOU are responsible for your own posts.
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
Go after the ball not the player.
How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join