It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Just stop. You don't have pictures. NK is a sh#t state that needs to be overran already and democracy brought to it's citizens.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The Taepodong-2 can reach a maximum of 5600 statute miles. They might just reach California, but the payload at that range is less than 1100lbs. The US produced some very small nuclear weapons, but that was after years of experiments and perfecting them. Weapons of that type are probably still beyond the DPRKs ability to make.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

No money to feed people, but advanced brainwashing capabilites, hmmmm interesting. Hmmmm no way of knowing info on status of people from amnesty and UN yet has info on prison camps, interesting. Building tunnels in its own country for military reasons is illegal, hmmm interesting. Has hard evidence on cases of people not crying hard enough imprisoned, interesting. Thinks there is a group of tear checking police in NK, interesting, must have those advanced tear detecting cams. Sinking ships trespassing in its waters not legal, hmmm interesting, note to self go to Cuba and come with boat to US with Cuba flag.

by the way, I don't know what kind of grass you have in your country, but you aint eating grass my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The Taepodong-2 can reach a maximum of 5600 statute miles. They might just reach California, but the payload at that range is less than 1100lbs. The US produced some very small nuclear weapons, but that was after years of experiments and perfecting them. Weapons of that type are probably still beyond the DPRKs ability to make.

They probably know this, but their only goal is to shame the US by getting one to reach even half a mile inland. However, the Taepodong-2 can place all of Alaska at risk.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
www.dw.de...

Straight from the horses mouth. Anyone who cannot feel even a milligram of pain and sadness for these people is truely not human.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

What? did you even look at the video?
BTW she died.
I don't care where it happens I just care that it does all over the world but to stick up for the regime that has caused this is just sick.
edit on 7-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Erm. Well, if it were me, and I had a big, dirty, relatively low-yield weapon, and I wanted to cause the biggest stink EVAR with it, I'd use it in a different way. I sure wouldn't put one of my very few nukes on a TPD-II, since they're spectacularly untrustworthy, and the weapon design they've got is likely too heavy for the warhead bus anyway.

Nope, I'd probably do a head-fake, and go for one of those attacks that optimizes the effect of small, dirty weapons.

If you don't have a 'bang' big enough to get the job done by itself, you look for a way to multiply the result. One scenario they teach is the bay/river method. For example, you could put the thing in Manhattan, and with about 6kT (seems that's about their limit for now), you might damage 10% of the island. But if you put the thing in the water on a boat down near Governor's Island, you would raise a wall of radioactive water that would smash across south Manhattan, destroying or contaminating everything in the area, in addition you'd put a metric #load of seawater into the air as spray and vapor which would rain down on the entire area, chock full o' heavy nuclear contamination. The resulting near-area fallout would destroy the entire NYC area, in terms of usefulness, for perhaps 300 years. While the buildings would still be there, you wouldn't be able to retrieve anything, so it's effectively destroyed.

This is one method for enhancing the effective destructive potential of crap nuclear weaponry, there are others that work about as well.

If you were going to do it, I'd likely do a lot of saber-rattling, then start acting like I was going to fire a missile while my ship was on the way. About the time they were in position, I'd launch a missile for the other side of the US, maybe California, and pop, goodbye NYC. While you were watching for the one thing, you'd get the other.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

What? did you even look at the video?
BTW she died.
I don't care where it happens I just care that it does all over the world but to stick up for the regime that has caused this is just sick.
edit on 7-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

You are from the UK, I am from Zambia a poor nation because of your nation, thanks for dropping the price of copper and forcing us to sell our mines then hiking it up again for Glencore. Want to meet the poor people your nation created, I have videos galore, thanks for playing.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

the fact is that I am against countries going in and slaughtering civilians to their freedom.

North Korea slaughters its citizens everyday by putting them to work in their prison camps AND not putting money towards an economy that can feed them. Do you even realize what you're saying or are you going on an incoherent rant? Are you a North Korean spy? I'm convinced you are.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Don't like your country? Move to a different one. Your ancestors did it, so can you. You want change? Fix it and stop whining, otherwise, sit down and shut up with the rest of the crowd.

Edit: Not a double post, just responding as the thread updates.
edit on 7-3-2013 by xxcircasurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MildCat

It could, but they have yet to have a truly successful flight of one. The one flight I know of barely got off the ground before the missile disintegrated.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
reply to post by Chadwickus

Actually it was Tuesday when they threaten annihilation of the USA, I'm sorry I mixed up the days.

NewYorkTimes Published: March 5, 2013
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea said on Tuesday that it would cut off a hot line with the United States military in South Korea, calling the truce that stopped the Korean War in 1953 null and void and threatening to strike the United States with “lighter and smaller nukes.”

SOURCE

Tuesday is clearly not going to work, it is already taken by some ayatollah or something. Perhaps they should shoot for Thursday or Friday, otherwise they are just going to have to wait until next week.
edit on 7-3-2013 by KaiserSoze because: misspelled mohammud

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcircasurf

the fact is that I am against countries going in and slaughtering civilians to their freedom.

North Korea slaughters its citizens everyday by putting them to work in their prison camps AND not putting money towards an economy that can feed them. Do you even realize what you're saying or are you going on an incoherent rant? Are you a North Korean spy? I'm convinced you are.

building a case to slaughter people I see, cant wait to here from you after the death of civilians, bet you where saying the samething about Gaddafi and Saddam, lets just check on their well being.

Oh and could you link me to concrete evidence in the prison to death fiasco.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Don't change the subject eh?
We are talking about NK not Zambia make a thread about it and I will comment in there.
Remind me never to goto Zambia If the people are as ignorant as you.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I don't see them trying it though. They're crazy, but they aren't stupid. The end result would be so much worse than any conventional war, minus any kind of nuclear attack would be, They might get what they want (or at least some of it anyway) out of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join