(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Yeah and also relatively easy to clean up, dirty bombs are not that bad...nukes are.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Mate, the US hasn't tested a nuke since 1992.

20 years.

Speaking of 20 years, have a guess who has been feeding the people of NK for the last (give or take a few years) 20 years?

Certainly hasn't been the North Korean government!

In all honesty, the US and South Korea have been pretty bloody lenient on North Korea, they continually threaten South Korea and the US with nukes and war, blow ridiculous amounts of money on out dated and useless rockets and all the while, those same country's being threatened are feeding the starving population of North Korea.

I got a hot tip for ya...China agrees with the US sanctions.

That speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

well I still wouldn't want to see one going off, do you? I just stated that fact, because everybody says the DPRK has no means of delivering a nuke to the US, but they are so SURE they can themselves, which makes me wonder why.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I just going to ask a serious question and i want serious answers.
What if America and its Allies as i feel we are all in this # storm together preemptively strikes NK and annihilates them, now I know thats a bitter pill to swallow and we've all had it out on here over Japan in WW2.
Now some people will be against it because of the moral issue, others will be for it, unless the government is neutralized the system has to be incapacitated to an extent that recovery and social reform is the only way foreward.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu

almost forgot, what is the difference between a Israeli preemptive strike threat and NKs strike threat?
edit on 7-3-2013 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

That would be the target! Only difference, which is a tiny difference unless of course you live in one of the target locations in which case it may make you a little apprehensive.

Star for you

P

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

i think i would be for it under a few circumstances.

1. dont use nukes
2. offer asylum (keeping an eye on them) to the poverty stricken
3. make sure there is no gov't left in NK to continue, while allowing SK to assimilate into unified Korea

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01
I just going to ask a serious question and i want serious answers.
What if America and its Allies as i feel we are all in this # storm together preemptively strikes NK and annihilates them, now I know thats a bitter pill to swallow and we've all had it out on here over Japan in WW2.
Now some people will be against it because of the moral issue, others will be for it, unless the government is neutralized the system has to be incapacitated to an extent that recovery and social reform is the only way foreward.

I am strongly against any actions that make the people of NK suffer more than they already have because of their government. Given the right tools and capabilities, as well as military support, I think the North Koreans could remove their government on their own. Even if they don't want to reunify, they should be freed.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MildCat
I am strongly against any actions that make the people of NK suffer more than they already have because of their government. Given the right tools and capabilities, as well as military support, I think the North Koreans could remove their government on their own. Even if they don't want to reunify, they should be freed.

There is no chance that the NK population could do that.

They are too brainwashed for the most part to even consider bringing down their own "supreme ruler."

Not to mention that the NK military will be adamant in keeping the population at bay.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I love the rent-a-mobs who come to the defense of anyone claiming to be under attack from the west.

They are under attack from the west sir, that is why they are making threats, everyone is under attack from the west so far, where have you been?

NK is not the same situation as anyone else, not even Iran. NK is still at war with SK, and thus any testing can only be seen as aggressive. Plus, it is a disgrace that this state is funding nuclear weapons whilst the vast majority of its people are in a worse state than many african countries.

1. SK is an enemy of the North and getting aid from the US as well as having military drills nearby so nuff said.

2. If amnesty international and the UN can't get into NK to give you info on current state of affairs then I am guessing you made up that nonsense of people living in worse state than African countries.

Good for him. Jane Fonda tried that once, didn't go well for her either. We have tried dialogue, for the last 50 years and it has gone absolutely nowhere. Unlike Iran, which now looks like it will comply with the UN, albeit after a long time.

Nk doesn't have to be your friend, they don't have to listen to the UN, they don't to talk to anyone if they if they don't feel like it. The West complies with no one and has invaded and slaughtered Iraqis, Afghans, Pakistanis, Yemeni, Somalians, Libyans, while the UN said no. Libya was a prime example of what happens when you comply with the West and not seek nukes.

A sanction is a display of the worlds anger and disgust at a certain action. This is what you agree to submit to as a member of the UN. Feel free to leave the UN if hearing people complain at the skewed priorities surrounding quality of life for your citizens in comparison to the militarisation dreams.

No a sanction is not a display of the words anger because a nuke bothers no one else, but the people with a problem with NK. I don't see Africans crying about it, I don't see Latin Americans crying about, its the West/UN crying about it. Uhhmm that last part goes for the US as well, money spent of offense budget can be used to care for people citizens needs.

No.

There is no difference. Both are outragous and both should be responded with by sanctions and embargoes. Both of these states have shown a deep disrespect for the international community.

NK has stayed within within its borders and kept up nuclear facilities, Israel on the other hand, well you know.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

They are too brainwashed for the most part to even consider bringing down their own "supreme ruler."

Not to mention that the NK military will be adamant in keeping the population at bay.

Tell me more about this brainwashing and why it doesn't affect you.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Sorry.. that goes out the window when the world your threatening is providing you with aid and feeding your people. People seem to forget that aspect. It's not just a country threatening another country for doing the same thing it does. Sure the US does that, but it's just not the case with NK. North Korea takes foreign aid while it's country starves and makes weapons and threats so it has a bargaining chip for more aid.

It's impossible to defend NK, but you can give it a go.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Poor buggers, something needs to be done but sanctioning food isn't on, I know food aid doesn't reach many who need it but If it saves just one person...
edit on 7-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I won't give you the respect of reformatting that post and answering it paragraph by paragraph, but I think you should watch the video posted above of the girl eating grass. That is the dictatorship you support. I would say you sicken me, but I can't bring myself to show you any emotion.

Once the North Koreans get their freedom, you should be parachuted into Downtown Pyongyang with a sandwich board listing all the quotes you provided that show your support for the disgusting treatment the people recieve.

Die hard style.
edit on 7-3-2013 by MildCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I think the people go along with it because they are scared they will wake up in a concentration camp, people were imprisoned for not crying hard enough when their last two dictators finally died.

They are smart people.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I don't need to tell you more about the brainwashing which occurs in North Korea. You will know if you bother to conduct actual research on the country and how its government and media works.

Their brainwashing doesn't directly affect me because i am not a North Korean living in North Korea
. While a lot of countries do exercise a form of brain washing, or general population control through the media and/or government, none are as extreme as North Korea.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I think the people go along with it because they are scared they will wake up in a concentration camp, people were imprisoned for not crying hard enough when their last two dictators finally died.

They are smart people.

Yes. There is no doubt that there will be some who will oppose the government of NK (take that former officer who tried to perform a coup as an example). But the majority i feel will not bring down the government or even attempt to do so.

Why? It could be for the same reason you listed...fear. Some may feel that if they continue to do as they are told, then no harm would befall them. Others directly believe that the rulers are gods on earth so to speak.

While bringing down the government of NK is possible, it would be extremely difficult to do so.

I never said they weren't smart, only brainwashed.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I won't give you the respect of reformatting that post and answering it paragraph by paragraph, but I think you should watch the video posted above of the girl eating grass. That is the dictatorship you support. I would say you sicken me, but I can't bring myself to show you any emotion.

Once the North Koreans get their freedom, you should be parachuted into Downtown Pyongyang with a sandwich board listing all the quotes you provided that show your support for the disgusting treatment the people recieve.

Die hard style.

Hmmm interesting, you think I support NK because I don't agree with you. Let me ask this question, if I bring you pictures of a country that enslaved its people, refused to give them civil rights, experimented on them, went to other nations, dropped an atomic bomb on civilians, dropped some messed up # on Vietnamese, bomb Ethopia, Somalia, Bosnia, slaughtered Afghans, Iraqis, Libyan etc, how will your stomach feel about that sweet dose of democracy.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I don't need to tell you more about the brainwashing which occurs in North Korea. You will know if you bother to conduct actual research on the country and how its government and media works.

Their brainwashing doesn't directly affect me because i am not a North Korean living in North Korea
. While a lot of countries do exercise a form of brain washing, or general population control through the media and/or government, none are as extreme as North Korea.

According to amnesty and the UN they can't get in there, I want to see this mass brainwashing and nonsense that you speak of, otherwise its speculation and no admissible in court. If you are going to go on about prison camps I could direct you to Guantanamo bay and the zillions of prisons in the US.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
As far as that video goes, that girl is not mal nutritioned, wonder what kind of field that is, great vegetation if you asked me. I can show you the same thing in multiple West friendly countries and you won't say anything.

Lets check on the Arabs who where bombed to freedom for mal nutrition, I could always pull that video of a US rep saying that starving of Iraqi children is a good thing.
edit on 7-3-2013 by chishuppu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Die hard style.

Hmmm interesting, you think I support NK because I don't agree with you. Let me ask this question, if I bring you pictures of a country that enslaved its people, refused to give them civil rights, experimented on them, went to other nations, dropped an atomic bomb on civilians, dropped some messed up # on Vietnamese, bomb Ethopia, Somalia, Bosnia, slaughtered Afghans, Iraqis, Libyan etc, how will your stomach feel about that sweet dose of democracy.

The same way it does when I am faced with pictures of a country that maintains a war out of spite, that sinks ships for no reason, that imprisons people for not crying hard enough when their dictator dies, where people are reduced to eating grass, where the leadership has coerced the population into believing that the dictator is a god, where the state dictates what hairstyles are acceptable, that pretends to follow dialogue whilst it builds invasion tunnels capable of moving massive resources in very short periods of time.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join