It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Does Jesus have a soul?

page: 4
3
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


A soul? Yes, the soul is a person's mind, will and emotions.


I can agree with this.

Whose will was in Jesus?

His, God's or both?

Regards
DL


Both. God creates the perfect soul with the right amount of will for a specific mission thru evolution. I know people want to see Jesus as the perfect ideal but to me he had his moments when he was a bit off the so called perfection that he can be on other levels. But that makes him so much more perfect as a messanger since he is still evolving toward ideal perfection. Like all souls are. I would never call Jesus a lord because it is from my point of view and insult that creates distance between Jesus and his soulbrothers and soulsister. People who crave power wants to be called lords. People who crave unity want's as much equality as possible.


Two wills indicate two souls. Are both in heaven and which is at God's right hand?
It cannot be the human soul. Right?

Regards
DL




posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by fastbob72
 



So,with that definition of soul then I imagine Jesus had a mind,emotions and will like the rest of us but I suppose the thrust of the question were they his own,shared with god as he was god or did he have his own seperate will but it was subserviant to god's will.


Well, I think it's obvious He did considering His prayer in the garden the night before His murder.

"Not my will, but your will be done."


So Jesus cannot be God then. Right?
He would not pray to himself.

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by fastbob72
 



So,with that definition of soul then I imagine Jesus had a mind,emotions and will like the rest of us but I suppose the thrust of the question were they his own,shared with god as he was god or did he have his own seperate will but it was subserviant to god's will.


Well, I think it's obvious He did considering His prayer in the garden the night before His murder.

"Not my will, but your will be done."


So Jesus cannot be God then. Right?
He would not pray to himself.

Regards
DL


You'd need to address that great point to the non-Trinitarians.

My reply is no, that only means that the Son isn't the Father.



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


But he said that he and his father were one?



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


But he said that he and his father were one?


Yes. That would be the unity aspect of Trinity. "Tri + unity".

The bible also said Adam and Eve became one flesh. Did that mean they became Siamese twins? Of course not.
edit on 7-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


It means they had a baby together.



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


It means they had a baby together.


Or the process therof.



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Does Jesus have a soul?
- Absoultely Yes



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 




Have you really though this through?

Where are all these souls hanging out while waiting for the bodies to die? Regards DL


The soul sits inside of the body and is connected to the human side.



posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by amrith777
Just before Jesus died on the cross he uttered "Father,into Thy hands I commend My Spirit."
So,take that for what it's worth.


HE did NOT say this; he said "My wounds will be kept open by those whom defame me". Take that as for what it is worth and there is some playground here. Who told you that interpretation? IT IS A LIE.


Are you saying that those who defamed God have control of his body and are forcing him to have open wounds?

Strange thing for a God to allow.

Where is it written that defamers will control God's body? Chapter and verse please.


I am saying GOD and NO ONE else is the great defamer in keeping Jesus's wounds OPEN. He realized this and so comes his true lament. Jesus is not God nor did he ever wish to be interpreted as such. His message was, you are all gods in the kingdom not of this Earth, as you are immortal forever lasting spirit beings. You really think God would allow this to be written down by any of its many stooges?

edit on 7-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by fastbob72
 



So,with that definition of soul then I imagine Jesus had a mind,emotions and will like the rest of us but I suppose the thrust of the question were they his own,shared with god as he was god or did he have his own seperate will but it was subserviant to god's will.


Well, I think it's obvious He did considering His prayer in the garden the night before His murder.

"Not my will, but your will be done."


So Jesus cannot be God then. Right?
He would not pray to himself.

Regards
DL


You'd need to address that great point to the non-Trinitarians.

My reply is no, that only means that the Son isn't the Father.


I do as opportunities present themselves.

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


But he said that he and his father were one?


If so and that is really what was meant then what does, I do the will of the father and not my own mean?

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RIISE
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


Does Jesus have a soul?
- Absoultely Yes


Scriptures say that souls can die. Are you saying that Jesus was not immortal?

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Greatest I am
 




Have you really though this through?

Where are all these souls hanging out while waiting for the bodies to die? Regards DL


The soul sits inside of the body and is connected to the human side.


So if inside the body it must be connected.

As I said, you have not thought it all through.

Scriptures lie then when they say we are living souls. Right?
We cannot be until we die from what you have said to date.

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by amrith777
Just before Jesus died on the cross he uttered "Father,into Thy hands I commend My Spirit."
So,take that for what it's worth.


HE did NOT say this; he said "My wounds will be kept open by those whom defame me". Take that as for what it is worth and there is some playground here. Who told you that interpretation? IT IS A LIE.


Are you saying that those who defamed God have control of his body and are forcing him to have open wounds?

Strange thing for a God to allow.

Where is it written that defamers will control God's body? Chapter and verse please.


I am saying GOD and NO ONE else is the great defamer in keeping Jesus's wounds OPEN. He realized this and so comes his true lament. Jesus is not God nor did he ever wish to be interpreted as such. His message was, you are all gods in the kingdom not of this Earth, as you are immortal forever lasting spirit beings. You really think God would allow this to be written down by any of its many stooges?

edit on 7-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)


Allow?
Why not?
Mysterious ways and all that.

It is plain that only stooges will read literally a book that begins with talking animals and ends with a seven headed monster.

How in hell can you build a good theology on fantasy, miracles and magic without proof of any of it?

Faith without facts is for fools.

If you believe God to be your creator and allows things then explain why he would allow what you see in this clip?this.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Jesus was not a man.

He was a vessel for God.

As all men are, but there is a difference.

Jesus knew.

He knew He would have to hold God in His vessel, and He would have to be persecuted by all of those vessels who chose to deny God and not allow Him to enter.

Why? Because God needed it to be so.
God needed to experience the world through our eyes, so the first one, the example, the one who made it all possible by his sacrifice, so He could teach us.

It is helpful not to think of Jesus as God, but as God the Son. Just as it is helpful for us to think of God as Our Father.

Jesus ended His lessons on the Cross. God took over from there, but that is not where Our lessons end.



posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Are you saying that those who defamed God have control of his body and are forcing him to have open wounds?

Strange thing for a God to allow.

Where is it written that defamers will control God's body? Chapter and verse please.



vethumanbeing
I am saying GOD and NO ONE else is the great defamer in keeping Jesus's wounds OPEN. He realized this and so comes his true lament. Jesus is not God nor did he ever wish to be interpreted as such. His message was, you are all gods in the kingdom not of this Earth, as you are immortal forever lasting spirit beings. You really think God would allow this to be written down by any of its many stooges?



greatest I am
Allow?
Why not?
Mysterious ways and all that.
It is plain that only stooges will read literally a book that begins with talking animals and ends with a seven headed monster.
How in hell can you build a good theology on fantasy, miracles and magic without proof of any of it?
Faith without facts is for fools.
If you believe God to be your creator and allows things then explain why he would allow what you see in this clip?this.
Regards DL


I cannot figure it out either; a fairy story. Look at where we are with current 'literature' fantastical phenoms; that is if anyone could actually READ the bible for the first 1500 years or had teachers available to instruct it. Maybe the talking animals was a metaphor for the human race, the seven headed hydra; the branches of todays major religions. Let me see if I can name them.....
edit on 9-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritofEnoch
Jesus was not a man.

He was a vessel for God.

As all men are, but there is a difference.

Jesus knew.

He knew He would have to hold God in His vessel, and He would have to be persecuted by all of those vessels who chose to deny God and not allow Him to enter.

Why? Because God needed it to be so.
God needed to experience the world through our eyes, so the first one, the example, the one who made it all possible by his sacrifice, so He could teach us.

It is helpful not to think of Jesus as God, but as God the Son. Just as it is helpful for us to think of God as Our Father.

Jesus ended His lessons on the Cross. God took over from there, but that is not where Our lessons end.


True but you have missed it.

The lesson was that substitutionary atonement is immoral.



Yet you will line up to try to profit from God's murder of his own son and you have to buy into the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Son's are to bury fathers and not fathers bury their sons.

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Are you saying that those who defamed God have control of his body and are forcing him to have open wounds?

Strange thing for a God to allow.

Where is it written that defamers will control God's body? Chapter and verse please.



vethumanbeing
I am saying GOD and NO ONE else is the great defamer in keeping Jesus's wounds OPEN. He realized this and so comes his true lament. Jesus is not God nor did he ever wish to be interpreted as such. His message was, you are all gods in the kingdom not of this Earth, as you are immortal forever lasting spirit beings. You really think God would allow this to be written down by any of its many stooges?



greatest I am
Allow?
Why not?
Mysterious ways and all that.
It is plain that only stooges will read literally a book that begins with talking animals and ends with a seven headed monster.
How in hell can you build a good theology on fantasy, miracles and magic without proof of any of it?
Faith without facts is for fools.
If you believe God to be your creator and allows things then explain why he would allow what you see in this clip?this.
Regards DL


I cannot figure it out either; a fairy story. Look at where we are with current 'literature' fantastical phenoms; that is if anyone could actually READ the bible for the first 1500 years or had teachers available to instruct it. Maybe the talking animals was a metaphor for the human race, the seven headed hydra; the branches of todays major religions. Let me see if I can name them.....
edit on 9-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)


www.mrrena.com...

I suggest reading it the way the actual authors wrote of Eden. Their interpretation makes sense.

Eden to then was a place for man's elevation and not the fall that Christianity put in it.

The snake was a metaphor for a teacher to them. Adam, spelled with an (a) adam, means society. Their myth was for all, not just 1 Adam.

Regards
DL



posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I do not wish to profit from anything.

I only want what I am given.
Eternal life? If it's there.
Eternal peace? Thats the goal. Not just mine, everyone's.
But all of these things are accomplished, or the seeds sown at least, not by my will, but the will of my Fathers. (Does it help to use an s there? God is certainly at the pinnacle of the responsibility tree, but He can't want to take all the credit, can He? Certainly if men are responsible for their own sins, they are also responsible for their good, right?)

Remember, Jesus is not dead. The true message was not "Follow Jesus and get crucified, or you don't love him and must die," it was "We crucified Jesus and God raised Him from the dead."

Another point, does a physical bodily resurrection have to have happened for there to be truth to this story?
The answer, interestingly enough, is no.
When we die and our soul leaves our body, it does not wait for some Final Judgement Day.
Usually, it goes directly to God for either Heaven (storage, basically. think of it as a cosmic hard drive where all of the people who have chosen to love their fellow humans go to be "saved" for eternity.) or they go directly to Hell, which is usually just a mind wipe and done.

Jesus, being the Son of God and the first one "saved," was allowed to return to Earth to spread the news of his resurrection to those who would accept him, to give them peace and hope that ALL the world might some day love Jesus, and by extension God, and we can all be "saved and go to heaven."

I hope this doesn't sound too crazy. The truth often does.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join