It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Jesus have a soul?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by jhill76

Does Jesus have a soul?

The hierarchy in heaven is God above and all souls below his position followed by angels if you happen to believe in those. That being the case, the human part of Jesus would also be below God and not at the right hand of God. No human soul can sit beside or be equal to God.

The God part of Jesus would be equal to the Father and Holy Spirit thus indistinguishable from either if he manifested himself. He could then sit at God’s right hand but his soul, being less than God-like could not.

If Jesus is at the highest level with God and it is impossible for a soul to be at that level, this indicates that Jesus somehow had two consciousnesses, one divine and one human in the same body on earth and that they would separate upon reaching heaven. That or Jesus had no soul.

If Jesus was not divine and a part of that strange Trinity concept, then he could not sit at the right hand of God as only God can sit at the highest level.

I see an impossible catch 22 here and wondered if any Christian could shed some light to get out of this catch 22.

Regards
DL

No one that comes from above has a soul. Father acted as his soul while he was in the physical

So if Jesus' body had no soul of it's own, it was more of what they call a mule for God and so the body was meaningless and there was no sacrifice. Right?

Only the death of a useless husk of a soulless body. Right?

Regards
DL

No. Jesus was the human side.

The soul is just there as a seperate side of you to keep self with spiritual parameters.

When a person dies the person will be joined with soul as one.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Does Jesus have a soul?

What sayeth the scriptures?

All what we need to know about Jesus is found in them so let's look there for the answer.

Mt 26:38 Then saith he unto them, Mysoul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
John 12:27 ¶ Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
Ac 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Well with two or three witnesses let a thing be established. with that in mind, Yes, Jesus had a soul.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

A soul? Yes, the soul is a person's mind, will and emotions.

I can agree with this.

Whose will was in Jesus?

His, God's or both?

Regards
DL

His own will. Are you perhaps confusing a person's soul with their "spirit"? A soul is just one's own mind, will and emotions. Their "consciousness" if you will.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well,just my humble opinion but Jesus was simply a mortal man like you and me.

Do we,humans,have a soul.A specific and seperate part that is diferent from our personality,conciousness and emotions.These are seens as parts of us,the sum of the whole which ends when we physically die.

The part of our presence that is said to be our soul which lives on after we die would be that thing they call the soul though I'm not sure what it is or whether it even exists.

Either way whatever we humans have or don't have Jesus had the same as he was simply a mortal man.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Do we,humans,have a soul.A specific and seperate part that is diferent from our personality,conciousness and emotions.These are seens as parts of us,the sum of the whole which ends when we physically die.

The "soul" is a person's mind, will and emotions, consciousness if you will. I think folks are confusing a person's soul with their spirit.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I can agree with this.

Whose will was in Jesus?

His, God's or both?

Regards
DL

Both. God creates the perfect soul with the right amount of will for a specific mission thru evolution. I know people want to see Jesus as the perfect ideal but to me he had his moments when he was a bit off the so called perfection that he can be on other levels. But that makes him so much more perfect as a messanger since he is still evolving toward ideal perfection. Like all souls are. I would never call Jesus a lord because it is from my point of view and insult that creates distance between Jesus and his soulbrothers and soulsister. People who crave power wants to be called lords. People who crave unity want's as much equality as possible.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Our soul is part of the spirit. Soul is singular, spirit is plural. Everyone's soul together is the "holy spirit", when you realize that we are all connected, that is when you "receive" the holy spirit.

My opinion at least.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Our soul is part of the spirit. Soul is singular, spirit is plural. Everyone's soul together is the "holy spirit", when you realize that we are all connected, that is when you "receive" the holy spirit.

My opinion at least.

From a questioning point of view, where I do not accept any human spiritual knowledge as true or false and only go on experiance:
I agree that you can get the bliss after a moment of clarity where you see things for what they really are, at least from something external's view who seem to love and comfort people who go thru that change.

But then according to some Christians I am being fooled by the devil for "experiancing kundalini and love from spirits" and going to Hell. Boy are they indoctrinated to listen to Priest and Religion before they would listen to what I think is the true source behind their belief in god.
edit on 6-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The "soul" is a person's mind, will and emotions, consciousness if you will. I think folks are confusing a person's soul with their spirit.

See what you describe as the soul mind,will,conciousness I'd have classed as spirit,i.e your spirit,the fire in your belly.

So,with that definition of soul then I imagine Jesus had a mind,emotions and will like the rest of us but I suppose the thrust of the question were they his own,shared with god as he was god or did he have his own seperate will but it was subserviant to god's will.

The thing is my position is god,as in the bible,is a myth and Jesus was a mortal man.Taking it as a profound thought exercise it ties my head in knots

What I would ask,if my soul is generally what makes me the individual I am,.what is my spirit ??

Is it me or almost a seperate entity with in me ??

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My opinion at least.

Spirits would be the plural of spirit.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

So,with that definition of soul then I imagine Jesus had a mind,emotions and will like the rest of us but I suppose the thrust of the question were they his own,shared with god as he was god or did he have his own seperate will but it was subserviant to god's will.

Well, I think it's obvious He did considering His prayer in the garden the night before His murder.

"Not my will, but your will be done."

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

There is only One Spirit, there are many souls. The collection of all souls is the Spirit, those who acknowledge this truth "receive" the Holy Spirit. We are all connected and the Spirit is how we are connected. That Spirit is god, which connects all of us and everything else.

If we are not connected then how are we able to communicate with one another? How can we be in the same room as one another? This connection is what holds all things together, our consciousness.
edit on 6-3-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I was speaking from a Biblical standpoint. In the Bible the Holy Spirit is spoken of as a Him, and is designated by the definite article "hu" in the Greek text. That signifies the writers and speakers were talking about a specific Holy Spirit, distinctive and unique from all others.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just to be clear the Holy Bible is clear that Christ had a soul.

[/]Mt 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
John 12:27 ¶ Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
Ac 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

The Holy Bible also says to establish everything by two or three witnesses and so we see that YES!, Jesus had a soul.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777
Just before Jesus died on the cross he uttered "Father,into Thy hands I commend My Spirit."
So,take that for what it's worth.

HE did NOT say this; he said "My wounds will be kept open by those whom defame me". Take that as for what it is worth and there is some playground here. Who told you that interpretation? IT IS A LIE.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Does Jesus have a soul?

The hierarchy in heaven is God above and all souls below his position followed by angels if you happen to believe in those. That being the case, the human part of Jesus would also be below God and not at the right hand of God. No human soul can sit beside or be equal to God.

The God part of Jesus would be equal to the Father and Holy Spirit thus indistinguishable from either if he manifested himself. He could then sit at God’s right hand but his soul, being less than God-like could not.

If Jesus is at the highest level with God and it is impossible for a soul to be at that level, this indicates that Jesus somehow had two consciousnesses, one divine and one human in the same body on earth and that they would separate upon reaching heaven. That or Jesus had no soul.

If Jesus was not divine and a part of that strange Trinity concept, then he could not sit at the right hand of God as only God can sit at the highest level.

I see an impossible catch 22 here and wondered if any Christian could shed some light to get out of this catch 22.

Regards
DL

No one that comes from above has a soul. Father acted as his soul while he was in the physical

So if Jesus' body had no soul of it's own, it was more of what they call a mule for God and so the body was meaningless and there was no sacrifice. Right?

Only the death of a useless husk of a soulless body. Right?

Regards
DL

No. Jesus was the human side.

The soul is just there as a seperate side of you to keep self with spiritual parameters.

When a person dies the person will be joined with soul as one.

Have you really though this through?

Where are all these souls hanging out while waiting for the bodies to die?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Does Jesus have a soul?

What sayeth the scriptures?

All what we need to know about Jesus is found in them so let's look there for the answer.

Mt 26:38 Then saith he unto them, Mysoul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Well with two or three witnesses let a thing be established. with that in mind, Yes, Jesus had a soul.

Jesus does seem to have a human soul but does he also have a divine one?

Were there two souls in him at the cross or one human one?

If only human then the sacrifice may mean something. If God; then we know that God cannot sacrifice himself to himself so there would be no sacrifice.

Regards
DL
edit on 7-3-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by amrith777
Just before Jesus died on the cross he uttered "Father,into Thy hands I commend My Spirit."
So,take that for what it's worth.

HE did NOT say this; he said "My wounds will be kept open by those whom defame me". Take that as for what it is worth and there is some playground here. Who told you that interpretation? IT IS A LIE.

Are you saying that those who defamed God have control of his body and are forcing him to have open wounds?

Strange thing for a God to allow.

Where is it written that defamers will control God's body?
Chapter and verse please.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I can agree with this.

Whose will was in Jesus?

His, God's or both?

Regards
DL

His own will. Are you perhaps confusing a person's soul with their "spirit"? A soul is just one's own mind, will and emotions. Their "consciousness" if you will.

So if Jesus only had his own human will or consciousness and no other, then how could he be both human and God if God's will was not in him?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fastbob72
Well,just my humble opinion but Jesus was simply a mortal man like you and me.

The part of our presence that is said to be our soul which lives on after we die would be that thing they call the soul though I'm not sure what it is or whether it even exists.

Either way whatever we humans have or don't have Jesus had the same as he was simply a mortal man.

I agree.
If he is even real. I think he is just an archetype the way all the old Jewish heroes are.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join