It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my 3 1/2y.o. son keep saying that he wants to go home?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Bixxi3

So a 3 year old child is saying he wants to go home, while at home. And people start jumping to conclusions that he must be experiencing some memory of his 'past life'. Kids have a vivid imagination. Then they listen to their parents talking about reincarnations....

It’s what happens on ATS, give it a couple of days and this thread will have close to 100 flags and a few hundred replies.

It’s what happens on ATs, after all it is a conspiracy site so I wouldn’t be to surprise by this, I just accept it now people get excited about the prospect of precog kids or “proof” of reincarnation so people who hold such views will flock to this thread. It’s unfortunate but it’s going to probably happen, and members like you and I may even end up getting flamed for being so dismissive of the idea because we’re not “awake”.

I can't understand why you keep posting in this thread

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
lately, i have been urged by spirit to either go home or to the 4th dimension. there is a car here with the license plate GO2IVD and i used to see it all the time.
kids are so much closer linked to their spirits than are most adults. perhaps if you were to listen you may be urged to go home too. i just am not sure where (or what) home is exactly. i do think it is more of a metaphysical place than a geographical one.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have a 3 year old and nothing he has said has been with out a some inspiration or source, I spend a lot of time with my son, and he has had unrestricted but observed access to the internet since he was 1 1/2 with the wife's ipad. He although has never mad mention of anything I could not find related to in a you-tube video or internet Meme, Surprisingly he is very intelligent and has already built his first mine-craft circuit as he has become addicted to the game.

I am not sure I believe in reincarnation, but I do believe in ESP and so do many corporations and governments Sony ESP Research, Could it be possible that some children are Retro-cognate and can perceive past events that are mistaken as their own experiences.

There has been times where my son would ask to go home when he was already home but usually he would correct himself and ask for something else instead, another anomalous behavior I have noticed is me and my wife are referred to as "Daddy-Mommy" even if it is just one of us.

It is interesting behavior but in my sons case it appears to be more about a want for something he is not sure of, and his initial response comes out as to go home.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
since you believe in reincarnation, you kid is probably possessed.
edit on 5-3-2013 by mrbigg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
When I was young and sometimes even now I smell something that reminds me of something. I cannot put my finger on it, nor does the smell last long enough for me to remember where or what I recognize it from. I also remember telling my mother when I was very young that there was my cousins house up on the hill. The strange part is my cousin was only 9 months older that me, and my mom would say, "you mean like your cousins doll houses?" and I would tell here it was her house. The house was up on a hill in Portland Oregon and we drove by it a lot.

Not sure if any of this really helps, but I have always been curious why I have these strange memories and smells. Sometimes I hear a song and it allmost triggers a memory from when I was very small.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This sort of phenomenon is becoming more commonplace, which I think is good.

As the mother of a psychic child who from the age of 2 was speaking to spirits -- I think the important thing to remember is to always allow your child to freely express himself. Never dissuade him from his belief or his perception or worse yet, make fun of him. Also, as someone else within this thread recommended, ask questions and engage him. See what comes of it. It can only help.

When I myself was between 3 - 5 I routinely saw and spoke to (very strange) nature spirits who hung out in the tree right outside my bedroom. I talked freely to my parents about this. Lucky for me they never tried to distract me away from it or flat out tell me I was imaging things. Because I wasn't.

Kids, when it comes to this kind of thing, usually aren't making it up. Their pineal glands are freshly formed and they are strongly connected to the world of Spirit. They dream vividly and often, they have "imaginary friends" who are not in the least bit imaginary and they interact effortlessly with the Spirit world they so recently left. These are all good things.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
reply to post by Fylgje

Hey Fylgje.

I have a 3 year old son also. Cool little guys aren't they!?

I wonder if maybe he is refering to his mom by any chance. To him MOM may equal home.
Do you go off to work? Is mom with him more of the time at home? Does he say this to his mom?

Sorry for the personal questions, but it helps to know the details.

Otherwise, Those little guys come up with some interesting stuff. And Past life? Maybe?

You know, you make a really good point. It wasn't until a few years ago when my mother passed away that I realized that she WAS "home". It wasn't the house I grew up in, it wasn't the town I grew up in, it wasn't a place at all, it was my mother. She was home, she made it what it was and without her, it was nothing more than a house in a town.

....it actually brought a tear to my eye

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I used to say that as a kid and i still feel a little homesick(no idea where home is). According to my parents i used to sleepwalk and while in that state i spoke in a strange language. My mom,being a religious nut she used to bring the priest to read me some prayers,coz she thought i was possessed.

I also saw weird dreams,so try to ask your son what he dreams about.Don't push him into doing so,just casually start talking about dreams.

Anyway it seems that many members here went through the "i want to go home" phase,so he will propably become an ATS member in 12-15 years and tell us all about it

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have some minor experience in this.

I would definately try and have your son draw what he is talking about with the green lady. I would also have your other son try and draw what home looks like if he can.

I would also show your son who talks about the green lady a picture of the statue of liberty. It's a long shot but if it's reincarnation a possibility.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I had no idea there were so many people experiencing this same thing! It's good to know. I've really enjoyed reading everything so far from all of you.

One day, my youngest son was sitting, looking out the window. He just stared and was motionless. I asked my wife what she thought he could be thinking about and she said that he was probably trying to understand everything that he's taking in, everything that's going on, but I don't know. To me, it seemed he was in deep thought. I've witnessed him do this a couple of times. If he remembers a past life, I wish I could take him there, but part of me would feel afraid to do that because he is mine now and nothing would ever change that.

I guess I kind of feel sad for him if that's what it is. I can't imagine being torn from my life, then ending up in another life and being able to remember that. It would be tough. He's a happy boy. He occupies his time and him and his brother are very close--they're best friends. Atleast once a day, they hug each other and tell each other that they love them. They do this on their own. The next minute, one of them will be doing an elbow drop off the coffee table onto the other one. They play rough, they are little boys. I just wish they could tell me in clear terms what they remember.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
One day, my youngest son was sitting, looking out the window. He just stared and was motionless. I asked my wife what she thought he could be thinking about and she said that he was probably trying to understand everything that he's taking in, everything that's going on, but I don't know. To me, it seemed he was in deep thought. I've witnessed him do this a couple of times. If he remembers a past life, I wish I could take him there, but part of me would feel afraid to do that because he is mine now and nothing would ever change that.

I guess I kind of feel sad for him if that's what it is. I can't imagine being torn from my life, then ending up in another life and being able to remember that. It would be tough. He's a happy boy. He occupies his time and him and his brother are very close--they're best friends. Atleast once a day, they hug each other and tell each other that they love them. They do this on their own. The next minute, one of them will be doing an elbow drop off the coffee table onto the other one. They play rough, they are little boys. I just wish they could tell me in clear terms what they remember.

Hi Fylgje,

I know there are tons of books and theories out there about reincarnation and souls and everything, but one thing I read I found especially common in lots of them, which is that the same souls meet again in different lives. So it may very well be that all you guys have been together in an old life before, he may be your son now but could have been your best friend in a previous one or your dad or anyone else who you felt close to. Don't be sad about him not being there anymore, that life has past and he is here for a reason and so are you. It's a new experience and if I were you, I'd just try and see him as someone you always have and always will have a close and beautiful connection with, no matter which life.
I love reading your posts and how concerned you are about your little one and what he may be thinking about. He is very lucky to have such an understanding parent.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Given what I now know, none of us is ever really home. Your son is just a very advanced soul whose attachment to the "mother ship" is still strong, I have heard of this before and it usually wanes over time.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

NO!

Why did you suggest this now we’re going to have the OP returning to the thread telling us he took up your advice and has found out his kid used to be Jesus or is Osama bin Laden reincarnated

LOL..Well it won't be either of them because:

1. Jesus is a fictional character...yeah boo hiss all you like, its what I believe

2. Bin Laden is sitting having tea with Obama, he was a CIA asset, you don't think they really killed him in a raid with no video footage which they always have and then dumped his body in the ocean before telling anyone.

He's been brought back in and given a new identity, either that or he's in a locked room getting the crap tortured out of him. Kill the man who is a gold mine of info, I doubt it..

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm 23 and I remember having the homesick feeling mentioned by so many here in this thread. A bit off subject, but I still think it's relevant... About 6 months ago I was hanging out with my friend and his 3 year old little girl. We were outside late one night hoping to see a meteor shower. At first, while we were looking up, she was distracted by the fact that she was awake at such an hour! It was cloudy, so we couldn't see much so we decided to go inside. Just before we did, she caught on to the fact that we had been looking in the sky and she got excited. Once back inside I pulled up some youtube videos of space for her to look at. She starts pointing things out in the video, very excitedly, "See stars?" she would say or when it showed the moon she knew what it was and said "Moon!" As the documentary progressed I began to realize that she was talking with a knowledge that she hadn't learned in this life. She was able to correctly identify moons of different planets, and when her dad mentioned Jupiter as being the largest planet, she corrected him saying "Of course it's not!" This remark by a toddler has been validated by NASA with the Keplar Sattelite. She keeps on about things in the sky and at a certain point, I'm thoroughly convinced she is trying to tell us something... deeper, more meaningful. She said something along the lines of hearing sounds.. when asked sounds from where, she looked all around, but in no place in particular, and simply said again "the sounds!" as though our inability to hear what she heard was completely... well unheard of! We told her we didn't quite understand what she was trying to tell us, and she started saying something but it was unintelligible.. something like "guh.....up" over and over she would attempt to tell us something and always with a "guh" sound. While she said it, she would hold her hands in front of her and move them one after the other up a bit and kind of twist her wrist, thats the best way I can explain the gesture. A week later, I found out the ASL sign for God is exactly what she was doing! She did the one handed sign with both hands, but nonetheless she was signing God to us!I told my friend, but he's a generation older than I am and had a bit of a hard time understanding some of the concepts I was telling him about. I told him he would get it, his daughter is here to teach him and learn from him and that they are there for the enrichment of each others lives.

On a separate note, and readers can take this how they will, but I learned about astral projection, dream/soul travel over a year ago and began working very hard at learning the techniques for understanding the phenomena. Not long after the above incident with my friend and his daughter, I had a spontaneous projection one night in which I encountered my god son. He was between 2 1/2 and 3 at the time of this dream. In it, he came up to me and we hugged. It was very good to see each other outside of the physical! I knew full well that it was him, but he was taller and could speak plain English. If you have heard anything about astral travel/OBE you will probably have heard that in that state, we exist in a less dense body, and can fly. Thinking it makes it happen... (whole other topic) I decide that I'd like very much to do something with the little man and asked him what he'd like to do. His response was "Can we fly?" I smiled and said "Of course we can! Where to?" to which he gets excited and says "The Mooooon!!" I laugh and take his hand and we had ourselves a field trip
Side note.. watching the Earth rise is an awe inspiring thing to see! NOW to bring this back around... about 2 months after this experience, my god son's aunt told me that he had come to her one night, grabbed her hand and asked, "Can we fly?" Her response was.. "Fly where?" His response.... "The moon" I look at it as either I had a precognitive dream about his questioning his aunt, OR he remembered the experience we shared and wanted to do it again with others. Either way it was amazing and I figured you guys might enjoy the story. Love and Light to everyone

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
There is also a urban legend of the Green Lady. Just search for it.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Check out the kids on YouTube that are doing similar thing very telling.reincarnation I think is real.this one kid remembered stuff from an other life in England planes landing on beach one story house on coast you will see.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

For the last several months now, my son will say: "Daddy, I wanna go home." I say you are home son. Then he points in no particular direction and says: "No daddy! I wanna go home." So I ask him where home is. Most of the time he looks around and just changes the subject or walks away. He's told my wife this a bunch of times too. I believe in reincarnation and think this is what's going on here. It hurts me a little everytime he says it. What I wanna know is, has anyone here had this happen? And how did you deal with it?

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though.

Thoughts? Comments?

I had the exact same thing happen when my son was about two and a half. He kept saying, "Mommy, I want to go home." When I said he WAS home, he just wouldn't respond. I, too, believe in reincarnation, afterlife and so forth, so I kind of panicked a little, thinking that he might be preparing to die or something.

So what I did was, I sat him down and told him, "Look, right now you're here with Mommy and Daddy, and THIS is your home, and we love you very much. And we would really like you to stay here with us, because if you didn't, Mommy and Daddy would be very, very sad."

Well, we had those talks for a while, and then he stopped saying it, and eight years later, he's still here.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

For the last several months now, my son will say: "Daddy, I wanna go home." I say you are home son. Then he points in no particular direction and says: "No daddy! I wanna go home." So I ask him where home is. Most of the time he looks around and just changes the subject or walks away. He's told my wife this a bunch of times too. I believe in reincarnation and think this is what's going on here. It hurts me a little everytime he says it. What I wanna know is, has anyone here had this happen? And how did you deal with it?

I'd also like to add that my other son, who is 4 1/2, was repeatedly talking about a "green lady" and a "helicopter crash" when he was 1 1/2, up until now. He talked about it more then than he does now, though.

Thoughts? Comments?

Reincarnation/incarnation of entities not of this dimension. Does he show any particular aptitude for math, or, perhaps just advanced concepts? I mean things that no child that young should have any conception of. Whatever those things may be, please CULTIVATE them. Do not suppress them in any way. Further, you may want to INTRODUCE him to art, to music, not just radio music, take them to museums/concerts etc. test them a bit. Keep a journal. If this is really some sort of incarnation, as opposed to just kids being kids, you'll want a record of all of it.

Oh, and if they tend towards being very smart/outstanding in studies as they grow, make sure they learn an effective martial art. You know how kids are, and nothing kills a child's spirit more than some kind of abuse, or school bullying.

Protect them.
edit on 6-3-2013 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

You should give him a nice box of crayons and paper and ask him to draw/color pictures of home. It would be very interesting to see! If you do please post them up. This could give you some insight into his mind on how he see's home or what he is talking about, exactly.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hope you can get more out of that kid to be one of the cases proving Reincarnation.

There's already enough cases proving children remembered past lives.

My wifes uncle passed away. He had a disability and was always crunched over with his cane. A week after he passed away our 7 year old came out of grandma's bedroom where she usually plays or watches cartoons while we are there. She went in and came out fairly quickly so my wife asked her why she came out already.....

That old man who's always crunched over is back there......

He'd been dead for a week. Kids can see more than we do....and some have remembered more.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join