It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its Not The Keystone Pipeline, Its Now 'Obama's' Pipeline

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Very good point on the "maintenance" issues. If a section of pipe is in difficult terrain and not accessible without some difficulty...it will essentially be "out of sight and out of mind". It is going to leak...that is a given. Especially when you consider that the "product" has the consistency of warm peanut butter filled with abrasives. It will only be a matter of time till sections start wearing thin and springing leaks.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by works4dhs
The US desperately wants/needs more oil.

If that were true we wouldn't be exporting more oil than we import.

I can't wait for gas prices to fall to $1.00/gallon just like all the conservatives said would happen once the pipeline got built!

Maybe you should listen to the oil companies more than the GOP who is feeding you BS. The companies have stated all of the oil and gas is for export only none of it will be sold here in the states. In fact our gas prices may even go up because of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
I'm actually pretty shocked this passed. I saw so many protesters and people completely against this.. How can the people be left so powerless?

Poll after poll showed people backed this by wide margins. A couple of hundred people protesting, and getting media coverage, doesn't mean it has wide support.

The only place this pipeline has support is where it's not going through. Several Governors have spoken out against it because it endangers the aqua-filters that the farmers in the Midwest needs for their crops. Besides it's a stupid idea to run a pipeline across America will they also paint bulls-eyes on it to make it a easier target?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Very good point on the "maintenance" issues. If a section of pipe is in difficult terrain and not accessible without some difficulty...it will essentially be "out of sight and out of mind". It is going to leak...that is a given. Especially when you consider that the "product" has the consistency of warm peanut butter filled with abrasives. It will only be a matter of time till sections start wearing thin and springing leaks.

Add to that the areas of possible sink holes and collapse.

ga.water.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I see nothing from you but your opinion, you cant point to any article current
that shows Obama has no intention of giving this a pass.

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Frankly I think the entire keystone project is a joke, it's not going to do anything for America aside from fattening the pockets of corporate executives and CEO's. We'll continue to live under the illusion of energy independence.

Yes, that I can agree on, however it lies squarely in Obamas lap.
edit on 3-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InReSusan

Very interesting stuff on Susan Rice, well it seems her investments will
still pay off for her, even though she resigned.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
poll after poll showed people backed this by wide margins. A couple of hundred people protesting, and getting media coverage, doesn't mean it has wide support.

I am fairly certain many of them were sadly misinformed, thinking that somehow
America would gain jobs, lowered gas prices, some maybe even thought that this
oil would provide engergy independence, the media is pretty clever hiding the nasty stuff.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Obama doesn't do it, and Republicans will cry for years about how OBAMA should have done it. Obama does it, and democrats cry about it.

my biggest issue with it is selling the oil to china while our gas prices skyrocket. they drop for every election, then they're right back up.

don't try and make obama seem like the victim here, the criticism from both sides is WELL deserved.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
some environmental group said the statement and assessment put out by the State Department was nothing short of "malpractice."

It is, a total sellout of America.
Both sides, Dems too are backing this. Its truely disgusting!
business.financialpost.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

i bet obama sees this as killing two birds with one stone, it creates jobs that he can tax, he sells the oil to china, AND gas prices stay high so he can get more tax revenue from corporations.

this is a ploy to keep up with the government's outrageous spending habits as they collapse the dollar and attempt to usher in totalitarian rule.

no doubt the money will go to buying more ammo and "Personal Defense Weapons" (select fire ar-15's, full auto, semi auto, and 3 round burst) as they orchestrate the dollar collapse.

...wait, that makes it three birds with one stone O.o

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

No doubt, all of your points very true....Not that I ever bought into his campaign rhetoric,
but what ever happened to the idea of "making this nation great again"?

I do think that Obama has big plans for America....not good ones.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Obama doesn't do it, and Republicans will cry for years about how OBAMA should have done it.
Obama does it, and democrats cry about it.

It's pretty much like this for every issue. No matter what he does, half the country will moan about it. And they moan loudly.

Also, anything that happens under Obama gets his name added to it. Health care reform written by congress and the health insurance companies.....smack, let's call it "Obamacare."
Heck even that economic collapse that happened under Bush is Obama's fault.

I feel like everyone's lost their damned minds. He's just one man.

He's just one man who passed the Affordable Care act, has executive power and does pretty much what he wants. Why are you holding him blameless???? Lest you forget, Biden congratulating Obama:

www.youtube.com...

and then we have poor Obama's signature on the bill:

On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Obama On Affordable Care Act: President Hails Obamacare During State Of The Union Address

Yeah, his name is kinda all over a lot of things. Especially when he endorses, supports and enacts them. Tough situation to be known by your signature.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Sarcasm?

Originally posted by SecretWeapon
I am still waiting for the gas prices to drop like the libs said they would once you got the oil man out of the white house.

I totally remember that happening too! Wait, no I don't. I don't remember any liberal organization claiming that gas prices would drop in 2008.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
All these piple lines:

www.earthlyissues.com...

And people are crying bout the keystone should not have taken 4 years to get "approved".

For the record being the evil right winger who hates the planet earth I do support drill baby drill.

What I want to know is what is the real deal with Mr I was agianst the keystone pipeline before he was for it.

Always an angle.;

edit on 3-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hi Neo, thanks for the map. I would support drill baby drill.

I just can not support this pipeline, its not for America's interest.
Maybe Canada, and China...yes. America, no.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by neo96

Hi Neo, thanks for the map. I would support drill baby drill.

I just can not support this pipeline, its not for America's interest.
Maybe Canada, and China...yes. America, no.

This country has never done anything in it's best interest our duly elected leaders there is a political angle here to be revealed later.

Wait and see.

Can't remember the specifics but one of the largest energy producers between the US and Canada was "given" to china was on the news a few weeks back,

Think its Nexen

dealbook.nytimes.com...

Makes more sense now that the keystone was approved.
edit on 3-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Think its Nexen

dealbook.nytimes.com...

Makes more sense now that the keystone was approved.

Yep, thats them. I found some bits about them too, I think its in the OP.
I wont be holding my breath, I guess there is a 45 day commenting period
on the EIR, I suspect this is all well timed to be past the elections so that
when it is finally a go, Obummer will be sheilded from it by his loyal minions.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Did I read that right when it was a deal between the Us and Canada is was oh hell no, but when China comes along it's oh hell YES WE CAN.?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I dont know for sure, I think my memory shocked out when I read that China was involved.

There are ways this could be done that would benefit both Canada, and The U.S.,
but I dont think that is in TPTB scope for the future...

I have just scraped the surface on the details.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I see nothing from you but your opinion, you cant point to any article current
that shows Obama has no intention of giving this a pass.

Obama never outright opposed the keystone pipeline. He just opposed the initial plan of the pipeline going through the Dakotas, he always supported alternatives. So, the fact it's a revelation now to you now that he supports the southern portion of the keystone pipeline, which he had been anyway for over year, shows that you have not been paying much attention to his positions.

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Yes, that I can agree on, however it lies squarely in Obamas lap.

Uh no it doesn't, it also falls on congresses lap. Was the Patriot act squarely on Bushes lap? Or was that passed with the help of Democrats and Republicans? Do we blame the Iraq war solely on George Bush and the Republican party? Or did many Democrats support it as well? I'm fairly certain you'd agree that Bush wasn't the only person to blame for many of the things that occurred under his watch. Congress has as much of a power play in this as Obama does. I know I know, you want to blame everything on Obama because you just don't like him, but blaming him and him alone for everything is outside of reality.

The Republicans party consist of grown adults capable of making their own decisions, as do the Democratic party. Obama's not to be solely blamed for their decisions in congress, hmmk?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join