It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who here is prepared to Pay per view War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

You make a good point there. Outside the U.S. Media, full context pictures in war coverage isn't that hard to find. I'd open my paper with care at the breakfast table in some nations, in fact. lol.... Better to see the truth of an event than have it sanitized though. Look at the policies and decisions people applaud when it can be made to look all pretty, right?

My objection on PPV coverage is that it would be maximized for the gore and purely for sport and entertainment. If not as it started, then soon enough as it evolved for a "genre". I don't need "Split-Second Replay" of some rebel fighter taking a .308 to the head, facing the camera. I'm sure it'd come to that, quickly enough....

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My objection on PPV coverage is that it would be maximized for the gore and purely for sport and entertainment.

The media wouldn’t even show many images of 9/11 or the Bin Laden death photos, and MMA is still illegal in some states. This is purely hypothetical and has no chance of happening. I think the OP is curious how many people would watch if it was available.

Let’s face it, everyone rubber-necks a traffic accident. I’m sure it would make money on PPV.

To your point, I agree. Besides, we have too many things that occupy our time now. If you really are a gamer and want to see this stuff, get off the couch and go see it! I know a good Marine Corps recruiter I could hook you up with! Anyone interested in seeing it first-hand just PM me and I’ll give you his contact info!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KamaSutra
Americans are trained to consume. I bet if they had to FINANCE to view the next world war via PayPerView, they gladly would!

I wouldnt!

Because unlike most Americans, I know they already should be disgruntled that a huge chunk of their income (half their paychecks?) goes into FUNDING all those US invasions, Nukes/DU WMDs, and installations of US military bases, virtually everywhere except in China.

seriously? do you pay any attention to anything? "most" of us are well aware what our taxes pay for. seems like every day there's a dozen articles all over printed press, tv, and the 'net explaining just how absurdly our taxes are spent. good try with the whole 'Americans are stupid' bit, but you're pretty well off target with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I know they would do it. How many of you saw "Faces of Death"? Same thing here.I saw part of it but it depressed me so I did something else (barracks).

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
C'mon people we all watched it for free, why would we boak at the thought of paying for better coverage...

How many Didn't watch 9/11, how many didn't read every paper and soak up every bit of info they could get their hands on at the time. Before the week was out we were all experts on Al Qaeda, Osama and Bulding control and construction and ....it's in our nature to watch these things no matter how gory it gets.....

If a 1 Mile wide meteorite was about to crash into a heavily populated area and Sky or CNN had the media rights and decided to pay per view the whole damn show i'm sure it would be a box office hit....

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Anyone with a healthy state of mind wouldn't support this ridiculous idea.

If anything, I rage when I see clips of police brutality, drone cams blasting innocent people in the Middle east.

I will NOT pay to watch live footage of anyone dying. That's sick and outrageous.

I will however pay the financial costs for a therapist for those that will get a kick out this.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
very interesting question. its not something i've personally thought of before but i guess you are right, some people do relish watching this disgusting act, its unfortunate. not something i would be drawn to personally though...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In the first few years that we used to visit the Middle East before we moved here, we rented an apartment. One night I was flicking through the 'less popular' channels of the TV just to see what sort of things were on, when I came across a strange channel basically showing clip after clip (real life) of what was clearly a war zone somewhere in the middle East ( most likely Iraq or Afghanistan at that time but can't be sure).

The fanatics/extremists, which they clearly were, were basically feeling victorious as they could be seen to shoot and obviously kill Western troops in tanks. It was shocking for me - all I could think was this is someone's brother / father / son they are doing this to. It's so easy for people to become desensitised when watching on a screen but this was bloodthirsty and horrible :0(
Needless to say I didn't watch for long, hence why I don't remember which country's TV Chanel it was. it's not something I think I will ever forget, the images of those soldiers dropping.

Also news reports here regarding events in war torn countries etc tend to be far more graphic than I've ever seen in the West. Not something I choose to watch at all, we're all human at the end of the day, no matter what 'side' we are on and I can't understand anyone having the desire to see another person killed, whatever the
situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hell to the no, and no one should. It would be a waste of money. War isnt what you see on tv, or in a documentary. War is, sitting on your ass, trying not to go insane from boredom, and every once in a while you get into an engagement with the enemy.

"War is glorious to those who HAVE NOT experienced it". I dont remember who said that but it couldnt be more true.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
War is better edited. Mostly because it is endless time spent bored out of ones mind, followed by a mad minute...

If you survive the one meant for you there follows a lot of dust, noise and expletives...

If you know how and where to look, you get a pretty good slice of whats happening in the real world. Same day or this week, whatever.

I like knowing the truth and seeing it first hand.

"Just look at it Gentlemen. Compared to war, all other achievements of men shrink to insignificance." --- George C. Scott in "Patton"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Disgusting .... just when thought westerners couldnt sink any lower .. they now want pay-per-view mass murder for profit ...

Viatnam was shown on tv. Its noted as one of the major reasons the peace movement rose. I do not think you should have to pay to see the war. The public should be able to view live event's. The brutality of war should not be hidden.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

The way TV is going, I can see this happening in the future. Very interesting idea.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry, but no. I wouldn't even watch it if it was free. I've seen war up close, don't want to see it again. If you want to see it, join the Army or something. It's nothing like the movies. Nobody tells you how terrifying it is to have an AK-47 or an RPG pointed at you. Nobody tells you that you'll pray, with tears in your eyes, that you and your brothers and sisters in arms will make it back home.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
WAR: because its the most strategic thing a man can do, more so than any sporting event, and the loser DIES!

We're sick. We need help.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I would rather see something like the movie "Rollerball" remember that one? No innocent people killed, just nation states fighting against each other with a sanctioned sport event!

With the money we pay the military, we could pay these sport "fighters" millions of dollars and the country who wins the game, is the victor of the war......

Sounds much more humane and resonable compared to the wars of today, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Just a shot in the dark. You're "American", right?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I would rather see something like the movie "Rollerball" remember that one? No innocent people killed, just nation states fighting against each other with a sanctioned sport event!

With the money we pay the military, we could pay these sport "fighters" millions of dollars and the country who wins the game, is the victor of the war......

Sounds much more humane and resonable compared to the wars of today, doesn't it?

what if we settled our differences with Chess....whoever wins get to rule the world for a few years...
With the stakes being that high i would subscribe to this idea no problem...maybe not the eye candy that war can be but we would see the game of chess in a totally different light..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I will agree to having WAR on Pay-per-view if ONLY politicians fought in any future wars.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It's the Modern ROME.

But this time instead of the Colosseum we have the Interwebs to keep the masses passive.

Think about it.

edit on 2-3-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)
You got it

This is modern ROME

the revived roman empire

the only difference is; we have technology then didn;t have

but the earlier Romans probably would have loved to have

like all the killing machines we have today...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Then the next stage would be pay per drone.

Where for a fee one can control a drone strike

Pretty sure people would get right into that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join