It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who here is prepared to Pay per view War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is a serious question.
If you had the opportunity to pay for live War TV would you take it up..

I ask this because i can remember when the 91 gulf war started it was glued to the TV time, i couldn't wait to get home from work, crack open a bottle of wine, feet up and look on in awe. everyone was transfixed to their TV's, we couldn't get enough of Missiles flying down the street and Helicopter night vision cams capturing the baddies getting their asses whipped, pin point missile strikes on whatever...i would love to know the viewing figures for that conflict..

Wars will always be fought, it seems a new one crops up each week.

So if the option came up to Pay per view on Any war of your choice say with a helmet cam or something, would you take up the offer...Mali, Stan, Iraq. Syria etc, etc....

I probably would....how long i could watch it would be another matter, but it sure would be interesting...

I hate War, but you have to admit, it is Must see TV.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

It's the Modern ROME.

But this time instead of the Colosseum we have the Interwebs to keep the masses passive.

Think about it.

edit on 2-3-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

It would attract some group ... But 1 wouldn't feel interested.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Americans are trained to consume. I bet if they had to FINANCE to view the next world war via PayPerView, they gladly would!

I wouldnt!

Because unlike most Americans, I know they already should be disgruntled that a huge chunk of their income (half their paychecks?) goes into FUNDING all those US invasions, Nukes/DU WMDs, and installations of US military bases, virtually everywhere except in China.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Richard Bach eluded to this in his book One

Countries put up their best fighters and we have a league so to say.
Each year the winner gets to run the world but it's freeview in the book, Hell I pay for F1 so I expect the war games as part of the package

Sorry it's more like the super bowl or our FA cup it's a knockout competition but much technology is taken out as dog fighting for example is easier to follow in single prop planes
edit on 2/3/13 by cody599 because: got it wrong first time

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I enjoy watching WW2 documentaries on the Military channel. There's something about watching videos of Hitler that seems to attract me for some reason. But I wouldn't want to see a live war...even if I could see it for free.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
and the unseen factor IS. the next gens would be trimmed of ALL compassion beyond any video game and the elders well... Living in THIS world would be questioning WHY?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
are they so heartless now to themselves and the environment. Watching Docs. ect to either Learn and examine Mistakes is different then placing a direct link to wartime data especially if live.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Disgusting .... just when thought westerners couldnt sink any lower .. they now want pay-per-view mass murder for profit ...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

honestly, I would pay 40 bucks for a live stream to a choice of 1000's of video streams in firefights
for the entire war.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I doubt they want us to get a good look at whats happening over there, rather it brings pay-per-view money or not. As OP mentioned, they used to show footage of "the baddies getting their asses whipped", but now we can't even get footage of them getting one of their biggest targets in the last decade (Osama). Times they are a-changing'.
Honestly, I don't think I'd want to see it anyway. War is ugly, and there are reasons people tend to come back not-quite-right.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
This is a serious question.
If you had the opportunity to pay for live War TV would you take it up..

I ask this because i can remember when the 91 gulf war started it was glued to the TV time, i couldn't wait to get home from work, crack open a bottle of wine, feet up and look on in awe. everyone was transfixed to their TV's, we couldn't get enough of Missiles flying down the street and Helicopter night vision cams capturing the baddies getting their asses whipped, pin point missile strikes on whatever...i would love to know the viewing figures for that conflict..

Wars will always be fought, it seems a new one crops up each week.

So if the option came up to Pay per view on Any war of your choice say with a helmet cam or something, would you take up the offer...Mali, Stan, Iraq. Syria etc, etc....

I probably would....how long i could watch it would be another matter, but it sure would be interesting...

I hate War, but you have to admit, it is Must see TV.

Contradict yourself much eh? You hate war, yet you couldn't wait to get home, crack open a bottle with your feet up and look in awe.

edit on 2-3-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

People do those for free ya know.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I saw it live. No commercials, no hawt babes, no beer commercials.

And I had lousy seats.

No thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yea as if the people need to see a war as it happens. I could just imagine if D-day were being planned today. It would never go beyond the planning stage too many people would get their knockers in a twist. If it was being done for entertainment then I can imagine the populace would be all for it for the wrong reasons. [I am referring to D-day] Totally foolish idea.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

lol @ Beezer.

And absolutely not- I don't even like watching the youtube videos. We've all seen them- some person/location gets firebombed while the person behind the camera is hooping and hollering in support. Generally, the point is to show off some high-tech weapon.

Lots are impressed but I think it's just sad. I know there are horrors of war but I don't want to sit there slobbering over them with a bowl of popcorn.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This concept exists FREE in the form of youtube, liveleak or kaotic, any of those types of hosting sites

Daily videos posted for anyone out looking for them

I watch them to stay up to date in current events on our planet.

As for live. While I don't agree with it I could see it becoming widely popular if some of our social constructs collapsed and allowed for that type of brutality..

Also...anyone remember watching Shock and Awe live March 2003?
That would probably be the best representation of live war... Baghdad being bombed LOUD. i'll never forget it.
edit on 2-3-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Approx. 90% of the people you watched die in Iraq were civilians, women, children... Pay to watch innocent people die because of Western greed and the sheep that fall for it?

Disgusting, reprehensible, immoral.

Saying that you would pay to watch this is beyond reproach.

Sarcasm...ON

I have to add here tho...How many would pay to have a channel dedicated to the encroaching Police State in the US? Maybe watch a few Obama sanctioned murders in the streets of no-name town USA? (Neighbor, friend, family?) How about watch a drone shot on grandma's house because she didn't give up her shot gun? The line-ups for FEMA Camps? Now that's entertainment!

How much would you pay to watch this in your own backyard?

Sarcasm...OFF.

Jude11

edit on 2-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
absolutely not.
matter of fact, the last 'incursion' i can recall watching on the tube was WACO and that was enough BS for me.

there are many better things to spend $$ on but, more importantly, one can never get back the time lost to such nonsense ... so, turn the tube OFF and get on with living

if you really must see, youtube is plentiful with all the destruction you could possibly consume.

[ok, i confess, the burning oil rigs and the efforts of Red Adaire to extinguish them did get my attention - but that's not the same as watching a live battle]

even the attacks on OWS members got to be too much to tune in ... it was simply disgusting.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Did You see me!!? I was in the front in a Bradley as a dismount I'm big so I used the "pig"or the 203.
No time for occupation however.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join