It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who here is prepared to Pay per view War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Why the hell would anyone want to pay to watch war?

As if paying the government wasn't enough now someone wants to pay tv for the "privilege"

No thanks..
edit on 2-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Absolutely not...

All wars are crimes and when we begin to attach yet another profit motive to them we are just asking for it to blow up in our faces even worse than without pay per view killing.

Should wars be covered by the media? Absolutely.
Should those images, no matter how horrific they are, be shown to the civilians? Absolutely.

When we treat war as something that only occurs in other countries we are essentially placing a value on the sides in the conflict. Something that occurred in Nazi Germany during WWII where you were either Aryan or you were subhuman. When we begin to see people as something less than human, it allows us to justify certain actions that, if they occurred to the person, would be considered barbaric.

I wouldnt mind seeing something that would force all politicians to be forced to view the result of their decisions.

War occurs when diplomacy fails... If those politicians could see the direct impact of their failure to reach a diplomatic solution, I think they might be less entheusiastic to pull out the credit card to play global policeman.

With this being said, sometimes war is required to stop a greater injustice.

Pay per view - Absolutely not. Restricting that type of imagery to only those than can afford it further dehumanizes what war is, somehow making it more acceptible.

It reminds me of modern day Germany... After WWII up to today, the German government has taken massive strides in trying to outlaw anything nazi. While I understand the viewpoiint that they are somehwat embarrased its part of their history, its just that, part of their history. Its something that should not be locked in the basement.

When we try to ignore the past, we are doomed to repeat the mistakes.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The age of decadence precedes the age of decline and collapse and boy oh boy....we are almost there we can smell it.

War is sweet only to those who have never experienced it.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
lol 'pledge 1000 right now and you can choose where you want that bomb to hit and view it with an on board cam, do you want the chapel or the school, or do you want the mystery bomb where one of our operators will close their eyes and point at a map and it'll hit there'

would not suprise me lol, and if it was a televised thing that everyone loved wouldnt be surprised to see them sponsored lol, go team redbull kill more of those insurgents than team coca cola.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
War is sweet only to those who have never experienced it.

That's exactly how it is. After 20+ years i even dislike the sound of fireworks.

playstation generation

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Reminds me of this movie: War, Inc.

War is a creation of corporations, for corporations, and by corporations!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
No.Why would i waste my limited funds on watching this race brainwashed into acting like imbeciles, slaughter each other for the agendas of sociopaths? Talk about flushing money down the toilet.But hey, i imagine there are folks who get off on watching the world burn-there will propably be a market for this.Also,it makes people feel better about their own lives of quiet despair,i guess.Still,watching some else getting bombed back to the stone age dont improve one's own life if you're unhappy+permanently stressed.So even as a form of therapy,it would be a waste of money imo.Pass up on that one.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
My mother remembers watching a lot of the Vietnam war on TV when she was a kid.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I look back at the first gulf war as almost an entertainment event. I remember rushing home from school to watch the news. I was obsessed with it. i loved watching all the fighter jets and footage of the laser guided bombs and cruise missiles. i had started building model aircraft and had all the allies planes painted in all the right colours. I bought the gulf war trading cards, but was the only kid in school who bought them, so no one to trade with. The whole idea of having trading cards for war, seems slightly perverse nowadays.

The whole thing was like a movie and back then I'd have paid to watch it. By the time gulf war 2 came around I was a little older and wiser and watched the shocking and awfulness, in a war I strongly disagreed with. Yet I watched. There is something exciting about watching wars from the comfort of your living room. Maybe if we were forced to witness the real dark side of war, it wouldn't appear so exciting.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Maybe if we were forced to witness the real dark side of war, it wouldn't appear so exciting.

Maybe if politicians were forced to participate, we'd have peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Maybe if we were forced to witness the real dark side of war, it wouldn't appear so exciting.

Maybe if politicians were forced to participate, we'd have peace.

We need a new law. All politicians and their families must serve on the front lines during a war.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Having been in combat there is no way I would pay to see it. In fact I would question the mental stability of those that would pay for it.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

my answer is no.It is morbid enough just to carry the thought around as it is let alone to pay and watch it.
Only a sadistic mind would want to do such a thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I do not know how what the "war footage" is like in America, however, here in the UK when America and the UK first invaded Iraq we more or less had 24 hour live cams on the BBC of buildings being totaly vaporised and I do not mean the sort of random building bein blown up in the desert compilations you get you find on Youtube. People literaly spent weeks watching cities, tower blocks, massive civilian population areas simply vanish in a cloud of smoke and flame morning noon and night.

What I suggest is we dispense with this false morality, accept our soldiers are just war criming everything they come across and have a 25.95 a month subscription and follow ground troops with live feeds streaming directly from there head cams and we can collectively revel in the horrors that man is capable of and stop pretending it is anything different.

From an intelligence point of view it is not feasible and would make for a very dull show as THE BROWN PEOPLE WHO ARE OUR ENEMIES would take out a subscription and simply leave before the angry men with guns storm the family home I MEAN TERROR CELL.

There would have to be a delay in the footage, which could be a good thing. That way we could pick and choose which units we followed into combat.

Say for example you had a sergeant whos unit murdered at least 20 people that week, WHAT AWESOME TV, that would be a hero. We could have popularity rankings amongst the troops, we could bet on our favorite unit, they could do tours in different countries, maybe some units are better than others in different terrains, maybe you prefer to watch the Tank Battalion leagues???.

It would be great, different networks could get different distribution rights for different campaigns or different regiments, maybe even premium subscribers could follow elite units like the S.A.S around on operations for an extra 50 bucks a month. PLUS think of ad revenue you could generate, great way to help the economy.

That is essentialy what Starship Troopers warned us about.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Disgusting post, disturbing thoughts. Do you enjoy watching a human being incinerated alive in to fire?

Have you ever seen a human running for the safety with their skin/muscles and bones hanging on their bodies while they are burnt out half screaming..?

No sir I won’t support wars, let alone watching it

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
This is a serious question.
If you had the opportunity to pay for live War TV would you take it up..

I ask this because i can remember when the 91 gulf war started it was glued to the TV time, i couldn't wait to get home from work, crack open a bottle of wine, feet up and look on in awe. everyone was transfixed to their TV's, we couldn't get enough of Missiles flying down the street and Helicopter night vision cams capturing the baddies getting their asses whipped, pin point missile strikes on whatever...i would love to know the viewing figures for that conflict..

Wars will always be fought, it seems a new one crops up each week.

So if the option came up to Pay per view on Any war of your choice say with a helmet cam or something, would you take up the offer...Mali, Stan, Iraq. Syria etc, etc....

I probably would....how long i could watch it would be another matter, but it sure would be interesting...

I hate War, but you have to admit, it is Must see TV.

Or you can go to Liveleak.com and type in Syria/FSA/FFA etc and you'll pull up all sorts of bloody War videos for free!
edit on 2-3-2013 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't mind saying I'm horrified and disgusted at the mere thought of people paying for the privilege of watching others lose the fight for their lives. After all, that IS what war is and ALL war is about on the level they'd be filming in this context.

Of course I'd never want to see our own guys lose. I don't need to SEE how that happens though. In the end, every battle comes down to one thing. Both sides are fighting for the right to live one more day and leave that battle alive and able to call or write home afterward. Every battle leaves one side full of men who's wives and kids won't see their father or husband again. He's among the dead.

Why in the world would I ever pay to see that? I watched 1991 because I had a strong feeling it was going to blow into far more than it did. Hits into Israel itself almost did that too. I wanted some warning if that happened. After all, it's hard to describe to people who weren't alive then....but 1991 was only a couple years after the threat of nuclear war was a DAILY reality for every American to know, live with and watch for the start of.

Anyone who would pay to watch men die needs to save that money for a psychiatrist. Not a PPV show, IMO.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

This is a serious question.
If you had the opportunity to pay for live War TV would you take it up..

NO!

It would seriously cut into my UFC and Boxing PPV budget! I can’t do that!! I’m too emotionally involved in those at this point.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I can't even keep up with the War on drugs, War on terrorist, War on poverty that I see for free in life and on TV everyday.

No pay for me.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Why would I pay to watch [insert war here] when i could just watch it for free on the internet? Censor free I might add?

I think some of you need to work up a tolerance level to gore before you watch though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join