It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Only a dictator would have to say that he is not a dictator. He probably looks in the mirror each morning and recites to his self "I Am Not a Dictator, I am Not a Dictator".

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Barack Obama has said many things over the last four years to pony up to voters. Whatever he says has absolutely no relation to what he does or to how he really thinks.
Everything that this man says is used for some short term political advantage.
President Obama is a great political gamesman of the first order.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Barack Obama has said many things over the last four years to pony up to voters. Whatever he says has absolutely no relation to what he does or to how he really thinks.
Everything that this man says is used for some short term political advantage.
President Obama is a great political gamesman of the first order.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by buster2010

And why is it cheaper to make the product 10,000 miles away? Because the people are treated like virtual slaves. They are paid a fraction of what their jobs are really worth. The free trade agreement did help to kill our infrastructure.

That's one way of looking at it, I reckon - but it's not the way I see it. My view is that it's cheaper overseas because too many American "workers" (predominantly unionists) demand they be "paid what they're worth", and then proceed to grossly overestimate their own value. Greed, pure and simple - it's not the exclusive provenance of "the rich"... it also pertains to the "wannabe rich".

Now when that union over there manages to over-inflate it's own value, this union over here has to over-inflate IT'S own value in order to just keep up. It has to demand some fabled "living wage" because the other guys pumped the cost of living all out of proportion with THEIR over-estimate of their value.

It becomes a never-ending cycle, swirling along like the dirty bath water circling the drain. Next thing you know, they're BOTH out of a job, because some little guy overseas says "HEY! I'll WORK for that!".

THEN all their greed is for naught (since both are now broke, whiny, and generally out of sorts that no one else accepted their over-estimate of their own worth), and the US starts mounting up a "trade deficit".

edit on 2013/3/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Sure some unions are greedy. I won't argue that. But generally speaking it is the cost of living that determines wages and salaries. It is up to the government to regulate both domestic and international trade. That is part of the reason they get paid. To manage! If the management is one sided then it should be obvious the other side will get hurt.

How can america EVER HOPE to compete with the likes of chinesse wages? Then chineese wages go up and business moves to india. India gets expensive they move to sri lanka. Sri Lanka gets expensive they move to somalia. rinse and repeat. This IS what global capitalism is all about. To invest and maximise profits. I don't blame people(like some people just blame george soros), I blame the system in general. You have to look at the big picture.

Without protectionism the trade deficits will continue and worsten. It is not rocket science. The people who push for free trade are severly delluded. You can't blame "the globalists" and then want free trade. It is totally preposterous to do so.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

If it walks like a dictator, talks like a dictator, THREATENS LIKE A DICTATOR and spends like a dictator, Guess what" IT'S A DICTATOR.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by RickM915
reply to post by beezzer

Everyone's quick to point fingers what about all the republicans that don't want to be fair!
Obama isn't a dictator, the republicans are just being greedy what's new ?

Obama is president.

Not a bunch of greedy republicans.

And how would it change IF romney were president?

Do you actually think he would be more qualified?

Sorry but I have more faith in Obama than in Romney and I didn't even vote for Obama. I voted for SPUSA and next time I will probably vote for the Constitution party candidates. I like mixed economies but can settle for mild capitalism anytime. Free trade needs to go though!!
edit on 2/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Yes, he said that.

The President's surprise remarks followed his eleventh-hour meeting with Congressional leaders to discuss the sequester. But with Congress adjourned for a three-day weekend recess, there was little chance that the talks would result in a solution.

"I am not a dictator, I'm the President," Obama said. "Ultimately, if Mitch McConnell or John Boehner say, we need to go to catch a plane, I can't have Secret Service block the doorway."

"I can't do a Jedi mind-meld" to force Congress to agree to a deal, he added

www.businessinsider.com...

I find that statement somewhat amusing.

Doesn't Obama dictate what healthcare we should have?
Doesn't he dictate what our "fair share" should be?
Doesn't he dictate what the press should say?

Obama is frustrated. The sequester is happening. Something he said he'd veto if anyone tried to stop it.

What I find encouraging is that once the dust settles, people will find that we can do without some things, that government DOESN'T need to be everywhere.
That government CAN survive with less.

That government should have less. It doesn't need more taxes. It doesn't need more of our money.

That's the ultimate scare of sequestration. It'll show that we don't need government.

" I am not a dictator ?!"

"BTW if congress won't act, I WILL !!!!"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

He signs the bills that are passed or he vetos the bills. The power of the pen is in his hands.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
At this point I'm not sure if it can possibly get any worse regarding Obama's blatant egomania, narcissism, and insinuations that he should be emperor.

This is at least the third or fourth time that Obama has implied that if only he were a dictator, ___(insert whatever made up crisis)__ could have been prevented. Where does he get off to say such a thing? It's insulting for him to try to be so slick with his speaking and not just come out and say it; "If only I was a king with the power to do whatever I please, you would be better off...Until such time I'm not able to act like a dictator so you are unfortunately going to have to deal with this inferior system for now".

If there is a problem with our current system and the two dominant parties getting along then why does Obama automatically jump to the conclusion that he should be raised to the status of an almighty king as a solution??

Most of us who know better realize that this would obviously be a giant step backwards but now this narcissist in chief gets to imply in a roundabout way that we should live like our ancestors; like slaves to the one master, king, monarch, dictator...sent to us by the grace of god. We should be so lucky to have a savior like Obama!! Praise him in all his glory and thank the lord that I have the opportunity to be his humble servant!!

Although some of the infighting is genuine, overall I just don't buy the whole ''democrats and republicans just can't agree again'' schtick. Polls are showing that most Americans are bored with these never ending 'sky is falling' crises, one after another, i.e. fiscal cliff, budget ceiling, worst economic crisis, sequestration, etc..They rightfully see it as one big embarrassing example of 'the boy who cried wolf'.

I can't help wonder if this is meant, or at least will be used, to slowly acclimate the moronic herd of Americans to the idea that because of gridlock, we should have a single ruler like Obama who decides everything by mandate instead. That way, at least things get done. Whether or not the legislation that gets passed is actually beneficial doesn't cross their minds. They can only think so far as to be pleased with the illusion that any sort of action out of Washington, no matter how tyrannical and how much of our rights it erodes, is better than no action at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Sorry but I have more faith in Obama than in Romney and I didn't even vote for Obama. I voted for SPUSA and next time I will probably vote for the Constitution party candidates. I like mixed economies but can settle for mild capitalism anytime. Free trade needs to go though!!

Pure speculation. We can also postulate on "if" Palin was POTUS, or Gary Johnson.

The facts remain. Obama is president. What happens on his watch, he owns. Despite what his synchophants say.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Taking responsibility is such a big fat bummer!

Lets just blame others and then go play a game of golf with Tiger Woods!

Obama isn't the first demagogue to come along. This too shall pass.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Pure speculation. We can also postulate on "if" Palin was POTUS, or Gary Johnson.

The facts remain. Obama is president. What happens on his watch, he owns. Despite what his synchophants say.

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson got cheated severly. Then Rand Paul backstabbed his father somewhat by endorsing Romney as GOP nominee. Ron Paul is getting too old to run again I think, but Rand Paul might have a shot and if he is anything like his dad and can make a world of difference to republicanism.

Just my two cents and sorry to go off-topic.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
In my experience, when a person says "I am NOT a (---------------)" it usually means they are.

Sal

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SallieSunshine

Smart thing for Obama to do:

1) Sign the Sequester - Reduce Government Spending

2) Approve the Keystone Pipeline and Grow the Private Sector Instead

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by beezzer

[*Snipped removed quoted material*]

I never lived under Nazi rule either.

But I can still know enough that it'd suck.
edit on 3/2/2013 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by beezzer

[*Snipped removed quoted material*]

I never lived under Nazi rule either.

But I can still know enough that it'd suck.

More trouble for Obama: I am not a dictator ( U.S. Constitution in the way)

Plus: Obama is wrong on janitors pay cut.

CBS News reports Obama is making stuff up. No pay cut. Translation: CBS News is picking up

the phone and asking real questions. "Is Obama lying......again?"

So much for looking the other way.
edit on 3/2/2013 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Thanks!

The story

During his news conference to announce that he and congressional leaders failed to avert the sequester cuts going into effect tonight, President Obama gave several examples of people who will be directly affected by the cuts. It turns out, however, that one of those examples was in error.

"[A]ll the folks who are cleaning the floors at the Capitol -- now that Congress has left, somebody is going to be vacuuming and cleaning those floors and throwing out the garbage -- they're going to have less pay," Mr. Obama said. "The janitors, the security guards, they just got a pay cut, and they've got to figure out how to manage that. That's real."

Sequester: "It's just dumb," Obama says
Full coverage: The sequester

The president's mention prompted Carlos Elias, the superintendent of the U.S. Capitol building and the Capitol Visitors Center, to email his employees within hours of Mr. Obama's comment.

"The pay and benefits of EACH of our employees WILL NOT be impacted," Elias wrote.

"There was a specific mention in the news today by a high ranking official that said 'The employees that clean and maintain the US Capitol will receive a cut in pay' (not specific quote but very close to it)," Elias continued.

"This is NOT TRUE," wrote Elias. "Therefore, I request that you please notify all of our employees about the importance of ignoring media reports."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Look, he is a dictator, but even more so, why why why are we being played in such an open way? Do you think they're really trying to hide things, or do tptb believe they are playing roles as wolves serving Good, (a distortion whether they realize it or not) and are attempting, by doing very overt things, to wake us up so we can pull back the curtain and really have a good world (and yes I think they're that psychopathic, but also, we need to forgive and start to invite them into turning this around now, by repenting. God/Goodness/Family and HS's are the judges or grade markers, and prisons should be for those who are dangerous, not as punishment. So, if they had tears running down their faces and were on bended knee, giving their all to overturn this and equalize the world into a better system and make up for what they've done, we should let them join us, not lord over us! At least some of them, except the ones who may still be dangersous!)

In any case:

Obama is also playing the role of antichrist. And its in plain sight. Its like so unbelievable.

Luke 10:18

(Jesus) He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Now:

biblesuite.com...

baraq: to flash (of lightning)

biblesuite.com...

Transliteration: bamah
Phonetic Spelling: (bam-maw')
Short Definition: places....

Definition
a high place
NASB Translation
heights (3), high place (19), high places (76), places (1), waves (1).

This is a reality check. We're dealing with madmen.

Ask yourselves this:

What has the most power over human minds? So who are the real slavers, the worst of the worst, on this planet, the big honcho's, the top kingpin, the godfatehrs, the big baddies. The politicians? The bankers? OR, whoever is behind all the religions and their codings and scripts?

I want Obama to walk away and repent, tears streaming down his face, and say he's sorry and try to help the world.

edit on 2-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Another Point of View: President George W. Bush is in the clear.

Any and all bad economic news will not be blamed on Bush.

From this day forward: Blame the Sequester!

"Well, none of this bad economic news would be here if we just would have stopped

that darn Sequester! "

This monster will be chasing us around America for the next 4 years!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join