It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheQuestion81670

haven't heard or read anything about an underground base at McCarran but the airport has been ramping up for their bid in the drone wars this year.
might that have something to do with it ?
link

then again, it could just be 'improvements' ... another link ... 2+billion can generate a lot of 'improvements'

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by votan

YEs because the company who hires these employees have no greed of their own that plays into this but of course ignore the man behind the curtain.

You know, I re-read what I wrote there, what you quoted, and could not find anywhere that i said that the companies WEREN'T greedy too. Confused, I re-read it 3 times, and STILL couldn't find where I said that. By now, I'm pretty sure I never said that at ALL. I DID say that nearly everyone is greed-driven, and mentioned that greed seems to have become "The American Way". That would seem to include the companies as well.

Now, having said that, I also feel a need to point out that simply pointing at the "other guy" and saying "MOOOOM, HE"S DOING IT TOO!" does not eliminate YOUR culpability in the matter. You know, that old thing about "well if Billy jumped off a cliff, would you do it too then?"

Billy is jumping off the cliff. Why do you have a pathological desire to follow him in that folly?

The short sightedness of wall street investors and speculators that demand unreasonable quick gains is what causes all the outsourcing and automation that is dooming america more and more. Why focus on the victim rather than the culprit?

You're reasoning lacks common sense that is typical of most right wingers. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and that is what you don't get. Most people live paycheck to paycheck while business in america is downsizing and merging with other businss, cutting pay and benefits in the process or otherwise just going out of business; people don't have the luxury of investing anymore(except those with entrenched wealth).

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The short sightedness of wall street investors and speculators that demand unreasonable quick gains is what causes all the outsourcing and automation that is dooming america more and more. Why focus on the victim rather than the culprit?

Again, there is enough greed to go around. The guilt of those who overpriced themselves is not erased simply because someone else was greedy, too. If they are "victims", they are victims in part of their OWN greed. Everyone is looking to get something for nothing, and so far NO ONE has found it. There is no such thing as a free lunch. It's "the law of the harvest", or "karma" if you prefer. If you sew greed, you will reap what grows from it. What goes around, comes around. No one can rid themselves of their own guilt by simply trying to shift the blame elsewhere, and it can't be fixed until they know what caused it - what NEEDS to be fixed. They can't "fix" someone else's greed, so shifting their own responsibility elsewhere is counter productive.

You can't get "there" from "here". Until they acknowledge and shoulder their own responsibility, they can't fix their own messes. Trying to fix someone ELSE"S mess and hoping thereby to improve your own lot is nothing more than another quest to get something for nothing, trying to fleece THEM to make YOUR world better. it's never gonna happen that way.

You're reasoning lacks common sense that is typical of most right wingers. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and that is what you don't get. Most people live paycheck to paycheck while business in america is downsizing and merging with other businss, cutting pay and benefits in the process or otherwise just going out of business; people don't have the luxury of investing anymore(except those with entrenched wealth).

Oh yes, beyond doubt. I'm unabashedly a "right winger" - I'm so far to the right that I wrap back around to the left. If "the needs of the many" are so much more weightier than "the needs of the few", then let the many see to their own needs, and leave the few alone to see to theirs. I for one didn't take "the many" to raise - I have my own to look out for. Breaking my back by trying to throw the weight of "the many" on me to carry will only result in the certain annihilation of all when I cannot carry that weight and break down. They have to do their part, too.

"Most people" and their paychecks are not my concern. I have my own people to look out for. I would suggest to "most people" that they cease from pricing themselves out of jobs and bankrupting the hand that feeds them (can you hear me, Detroit?), but they may do as they will. If the companies could find reasonable labor here, it would be counterproductive to go to the expense of seeking it overseas. No company forms with the INTENT of going out of business - they do so because, in part, they are getting shafted from both sides - Wall Street AND their own labor force, and then find that they can no longer afford to take their business to a cheaper labor market.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The 20 year trade deficit with asian countries is what destroyed america. P

No the fact is it is cheaper to have a product made 10,000 miles away and have it shipped here than it is to make that same product 1 mile away.

That ideology that lead to the expensive endeavor is why the "current need" for social engineering.

And those products had to made cheaper if they were ever intended to be purchased.. why, because it costs more now to put new siding on a home that was purchased a few decades ago.. than the house itself. There are more so called 'entitlements' today because the income of the consumers has not grown - even as everything else has gone up.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

While it is true that greed goes both ways business has much more leverage than the average worker and more pull with government. Minimum wage(for those who work outside of unions) has not kept up with inflation and thus millions of folks have been cheated. Yet instead of looking at this you are attempting to make a case for union bashing by using the *all unions are just as corrupt as business* strawman arguement.

Greed is a human trait and probably extends to other creatures throughout the universe. I choose to side with those with the least amount of pull and make a case for helping them improve their lives. Business does not need my help.

Today asians are being exploited for their cheap labor. It used to be the mexicans before them. All governments get influenced by kickbacks and lobbies. Unions are the only known cure for corporate greed that I know of. Perhaps when we near perfection as a species we can address the union greed factor more, but until then I only see high tariffs and more left wing governments. That is what I crave for. To finally get the upper hand on the right wingers rather than the right wingers getting the upperhand on me. We need many, many, many tariffs. Destroy wall street greed!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themanwithnoname
What i find most disturbing is his inability
to differentiate between Star Wars and Star Trek!

It's a Vulcan "mind meld"

Yes, that is what many find most disturbing, and incidentally is most disturbing itself.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ya know, I am so tired of watching Obama on every talk show, every news channel, etc...

Literally, I'd rather watch this for hours over watching him for one more minute:

www.youtube.com...

At least that is entertaining!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Check this out and research it. Al the names are there. All you have to do is google them. Easy.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The next election can not get here fast enough

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatiSoul

Do you honestly believe elections have any impact on what's happening to this country?
I've got a pretty golden bridge here in SF to sell you.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectAlice

Originally posted by IlluminatiSoul

Do you honestly believe elections have any impact on what's happening to this country?
I've got a pretty golden bridge here in SF to sell you.

Yeah, if you vote third party they can. Most people hate wasting their vote though.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

That's just the thing. It's not that "unions are just as greedy as businerss", but rather that unions ARE businesses - they're just another form of a business, trying to cut the throats of the businesses they live off of. They are parasites, seeking to kill their host.

For myself, I will never work either under or for another union, never, EVER, again, but do not begrudge you the power to do so yourself. That's your own decision. I prefer not to kill my host. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

im not sure i understand where you were going with that comment

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

yes you are correct.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join