It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The 20 year trade deficit with asian countries is what destroyed america. P

No the fact is it is cheaper to have a product made 10,000 miles away and have it shipped here than it is to make that same product 1 mile away.

That ideology that lead to the expensive endeavor is why the "current need" for social engineering.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

I am not a crook.--Nixon
Read my lips... --George HW Bush
I did not have sexual relations with that woman. --Clinton
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice....we won't get fooled again. --George W Bush
I am not a dictator. --Obama

All of the above quotes have been used to tarnish the president that said them by their detractors. While Obama's has not yet led to his downfall in the public's opinion, it has the same potential.

Apart from W ..President Obama would have to become a literal dictator for that statement to join the ranks.

Love or hate the President...the entire logic here seems contratictory.

Is it the right wings claim that the President is a Dictator???...Because even if you abandon entirely the actual definition of the word and ...I don't know...just call him "kinda" a dictator...how the hell do you explain the GRIDLOCK in DC????

Just confusing...If Pres. Obama is a dictator in far-righ world...then shouldn't we all be in Fema camps? after our guns have been confiscated? And our homes taken and given to the descendants of African American slaves according to his "black agenda" of reparations? Should the economy have collapsed by now? The unemployment rate risen to new heights rather than steadily dropped? Shouldn't corporations have been taken over and nationalized? rather than showing all time record profits?

I mean...Shouldn't the far rights crazy hate-the-President fiction at least be internally consistent in it's logic? Or has logic gone the way of math and facts and dismissed as "liberal" in far right land?

If the President was a dictator...we wouldn't be having this debate...nor would our politicians..Ad infinium

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

WOW...Just wow...The dark, dank alternate reality the right wing has created to defend the looting is indefensible...Reality disagrees. The BS is so hip deep there is a whole following that now believes thier own BS.

Boy you said a mouth full there and I couldn't agree with you more. It's more than apparent that these people don't even know what a dictator is! I highly suspect that their definition of the term is; "Anyone who disagrees with them." What an absolute JOKE the conservative movement has become.

IMO, these idiots who continue to promote their delusional fears here on ATS are ruining what used to be a good place to debate current issues. Since they lost the last election, they have turned the site into a circle-jerk of discussions about who's version of "Alice In Wonderland" should be accepted as reality.

One glance at the list of speakers for the upcoming CPAC conference pretty much says it all. Personally, I don't know whether to laugh at them or to pity them. My parents taught me not to laugh at the ignorance of others but our modern day republicans are making that lesson one that is hard to live up to.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"I am not a dictator" from the lips of Øbama ... Echos the deeply irate vow from Nixxon
"I am not a crook"

both are hollow utterances from guilty parties, trying to evade the wrath of those that elected them

manipultor & spin-meister is what the Ø may think himself as...

but deliberately goading the public as the disasters HE himself decides to unleash on the public under the March 1st Sequestering...but blaming the harmful cuts in services to the Republicans is chiken-crap
and just what a anti-constitutional revolutionary would do to the normally peaceful (but wrapped-up in their own financial situation) Public...

uh oh.... thin ice... CYA is the watchword here in America today
edit on 1-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Damn, Beez... you stirred the pot here.

Gave you S&F... all I got now is a salute, lol

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"Jedi mind meld" he just lost his star wars and star trek constituency.

link   
Let's see...

Obama's a dictator... No, he's not... Yes, he is... No he's not... Yes, he is... That's essentially the gist of the conversation, so far?

I've seen comparisons to Hitler... I've seen him lampooned as some third world dictator...complete with self awarded medals...

The majority of American voters who could be bothered put him in office. Twice. Many of them seem to be regretting that... I regret it, too. ...and I didn't vote for him either time.

One group blames Obama. Another blames Congress. Blames democrats. Blames republicans. Blames some mysterious, yet unnamed, group... Unnamed? That would explain the mysterious part...got it.

I'm gonna blame someone, someones actually...

How about...

ALL OF US.

Yep. All of us. The one's who voted him in, and voted in three congress critters, two senators and a representative from your particular district.

Whoooo hooo, you voted. Good thing. ...and feeling so good about yourself in the process, that you neglected the second part of that whole process. Over sight. You need to watch the little darlings...'cause they aren't always the saintly good guys they portray themselves to be in the election commercials, and pamphlets. Surprising, no?

We Americans, as a whole, not that we were ever any great shakes at it; have stopped, seemingly, doing anything even resembling watching them, or if we do, doing anything about it... Yet we, without fail, squall like a cat whose tail got stepped on, when things go bad. But instead of actually doing something about it...we get busy blaming the "other" guy. We lay the blame at the right feet, so far as it goes... But then we, as a group, send the same ones back...time and time and time, again.

Really? ...and we have the gall to complain when these incompetent idiots who have screwed up repeatedly screw it up again... ...and we're surprised!! Shocked, even, that they can't fix it!!

Really? Those of you who voted... Did you vote for the incumbent? Or did you vote for a new guy/gal? If the former, did you know his/her voting record, or did you just vote for him/her because it's a familiar name? If the latter, did you vote for him/her for the ideas, or because he/she was the "other" party?

My own reasons for voting virtually a straight Libertarian ticket was to help bolster the creation of a valid third party. Even if it isn't Libertarian. It could be the Workers World Party, and I would support it's existence, if not it's ideals.

If you didn't vote? Shame on you. You're part of the problem, too. Though many of you will claim otherwise.

So... In your rush to find, and assign, blame? Save some for yourselves.

edit on 3/1/2013 by seagull because: 'cause I can't speel...

link   
Not a dictator he says? I bet your sweet bottom he tried to strong arm congress into staying and failed. And just like rebellious teenagers, they flew out the door. So I guess his plan for dictatorship hasn't come into full fruitation yet. Either that or it is unraveling before his eyes.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What i find most disturbing is his inability
to differentiate between Star Wars and Star Trek!

It's a Vulcan "mind meld"

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If anyone on here or in real life actually believes that politicians run for altruistic reasons rather than being motivated financially, then I have a bridge to sell you.

They are in it for the money, they will take whatever money they can, they will look to make as much money as they can in their future, they will smile while doing it because you donate money so that they can steal your money. For God's sake, even Ron Paul went after his supporters after everything was said and done and I admired everything he had done up to that point.

It is, and always will be, about money.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

"I can't do a Jedi mind-meld"

I have no idea in the slightest world what that even is. No I've never seen star wars people have told me I'm stupid/weird for never seeing it. Must be something out of that movie but that's weird he would say something like that. I guess he's one of them people that think everyone has seen that movie.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
If anyone on here or in real life actually believes that politicians run for altruistic reasons rather than being motivated financially, then I have a bridge to sell you.

They are in it for the money, they will take whatever money they can, they will look to make as much money as they can in their future, they will smile while doing it because you donate money so that they can steal your money. For God's sake, even Ron Paul went after his supporters after everything was said and done and I admired everything he had done up to that point.

It is, and always will be, about money.

And this is why debating and arguing the policies of these crooks is just retarded. They are all crooks, just different suits. Seems to me they have accomplished what they set out to do...divide and conquer, while robbing us blind..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled ‘made in Germany’; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, ‘Americanism’” – An uncredited New York Times reporter covering Halford E. Luccock in an article published September 12, 1938.

And they won't be calling themselves a dictator.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here is something to ponder. Why does he keep referring to this or similar type or reasoning? Is it because he knows his role and knows that the large portion of his followers know nothing of the basics of separations of powers? Or is it a means to cause division and set of the right-wing "machine" of talk-radio and blogging? Or is it because he says it to say "look at the left hand" while the right hand is doing something else?

July 22, 2011:
"I'm sympathetic to your view that this would be easier if I could do this entirely on my own. "

Speaking to a crowd on immigration July 25. 2011. This is from "wikiquotes": Emphasis is mine
OBAMA: Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own. [Applause] And believe me, right now dealing with Congress —
AUDIENCE: Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can!
OBAMA: Believe me — believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. [Laughter] I promise you. Not just on immigration reform. [Laughter] But that's not how — that's not how our system works.
AUDIENCE: Change it

So the president keeps alluding to this notion. That if only he had the power but alas, I don't. Woe is me, what am I to do.....maybe you folks out there can get this ball rolling?

ETA: And to cap it off....Republican "representatives" don't help the situation by offering up their duties just to score some political points. They are all a mess. Can them all people. Get it out and tell people to no vote for any incumbent.
edit on 1-3-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

now that's funny given Ford was directly responsible for OPEC and Reagan fantasized of an "alien invasion" to unite the super-powers.

but alas imho, Carter does take the cake with ...

“Globalization, as defined by rich people like us, is a very nice thing... you are talking about the Internet, you are talking about cell phones, you are talking about computers. This doesn't affect two-thirds of the people of the world.”
thinkexist.com...

and, let's not forget Reagan's address to the UN assembly ...

"in our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond.

“I occasionally think,” continued Reagan, “how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask” — here comes the clincher — “is not an alien force ALREADY among us?” The President now tries to retreat from the last bold statement by posing a second question: “What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?”
socioecohistory.wordpress.com...

nah, none of them talked the talk or walked the walk, did they ?
btw, Dubya didn't even get the phrase correct ... then again, that's Dubya for ya.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Politicians disgust me. This whole corrupt diseased system needs to go the way of the dinosaur. We need a global reset, and stop putting "special" people driven by greed into positions of power over others. It's complete lunacy. I did not agree to be ruled by others, I was born into this garbage. They can take their social contract and shove it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No you are not a dictator, you are a puppet of the bankers. You have no power, they tell you to give them more money, you ask how much?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The 20 year trade deficit with asian countries is what destroyed america. P

No the fact is it is cheaper to have a product made 10,000 miles away and have it shipped here than it is to make that same product 1 mile away.

That ideology that lead to the expensive endeavor is why the "current need" for social engineering.

And why is it cheaper to make the product 10,000 miles away? Because the people are treated like virtual slaves. They are paid a fraction of what their jobs are really worth. The free trade agreement did help to kill our infrastructure.
edit on 1-3-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Oh it's better to be a slave to the Us government then funny thing is people think they should be paid what they are worth instead of the actual worked peformed.

Same ideology that led us here and those "slave jobs" in China-Americans are just too damn good but hey tax the rich so they can go out and buy more chinese products!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Its so frustrating getting on this site anymore to be entertained by some intelligent conversation and only find it infested with paid shills and trolls their agenda is really becoming elaborate.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join