It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mrperplexed

Congress bowed to Obama's wishes.

They're certainly culpable, but Obama is in charge.

The only people congress bows to is the lobbyists

link   
When was the last time we had a president that felt he needed to come out and state that he’s not a dictator?

link   
Silly president.

Jedi's don't mind meld, Vulcans mind meld. SMH

If one is going to use science fiction based metaphors, at least get them correct!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I believe when U.S. Presidents feel the need to make statements about how they aren't dictators, they need to seriously consider what brought things to the point where the statement was reasonable to make in the first place.

He's dug his own holes and can't even begin to get out until he at least accepts SOME responsibility for SOMETHING...sometime. Just my opinion. This is the anti-Truman. The buck simply never stops. Anywhere. Then again, the buck isn't quite what it used to be, is it?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

dictator [dɪkˈteɪtə] n 1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a. a ruler who is not effectively restricted by a constitution, laws, recognized opposition, etc. b. an absolute, esp tyrannical, ruler 2. (Historical Terms) (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in ancient Rome) a person appointed during a crisis to exercise supreme authority 3. a person who makes pronouncements, as on conduct, fashion, etc., which are regarded as authoritative 4. a person who behaves in an authoritarian or tyrannical manner dictatress [dɪkˈteɪtrɪs], dictatrix [ˈdɪktətrɪks] fem n

LINK

I would say he fits the definition! When he follows the will of the people he will no longer be considered a dictator, but I'll not hold my breath for that to happen!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am not a dictator. If he was he could do something about the awful financial mess, but since he's "only the president"... theres nothing he can do.

Bwah Wah !

Now you get to step up and pay just a little more. Its just a little...

Surely you don't mind?

Wheres your austerity?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Clearly he's not a dictator.

"I am not a dictator, I'm the President," Obama said

Direct from the source.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Doesn't Obama dictate what healthcare we should have?

No, he doesn't. You get to pick from your private health insurance of choice.

Doesn't he dictate what our "fair share" should be?

No? Tax legislation falls on the hands of congress

Doesn't he dictate what the press should say?

Did Fox news not get the memo?

edit on 1-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wonder if he has his cyber spies reading at ATS?

I think just yesterday there was a conversation here about how dictators
tell the press what to print, so on and so forth.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Obama isn't a dictator.

There is a congress, senate, and judicial system.

If you think he is a dictator then go live in NK.

Why would I want to move to ANOTHER dictatorship?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
DAMN YOU OBAMA!! STOP LYING AGAIN!

link   
reply to post by burntheships

I wonder if he has his cyber spies reading at ATS?

I really do not believe they need cyber spies here! D you?

It is happening to me again! I am ajay59, in case any would like to put a name to the avatar!

edit on 1-3-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well since you live in Germany, I've guess you've forgotten what the US was like, because it is no way shape or form a dictatorship.

The people of the US votes for its representatives. We even get to vote directly on certain county, city, and state issues! It's great.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

The people of the US votes for its representatives.

We do? Oh, you mean when we all gather in a place and push some buttons and then go home every now and again? That seems to be the sum total of that day and nothing else beyond that has any relevance!
I like to think of it as a action without reaction type of thing!

edit on 1-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to correct

edit on 1-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

If voting didn't matter republicans wouldn't be fighting so hard for Voter ID acts, nor would democrats care to fight it

Nor would the elite waste a billion dollars fighting a phony campaign.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Remember, everything they say is a lie for the benefit of their agendas. Take whatever they say and assume the opposite is true. Yes, Obama is a dictator, but more than that he is a puppet of the real dictators. "No he's not, we vote therefore..."??? Really? The voting / election system in the US is so rigged it's laughable. It makes no difference who you vote for, because they are all puppets of the real controllers anyway. It's like voting for execution by gas chamber or execution by electric chair. Either way you're getting executed.

The US is a fascist police state. Time to wake up.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

If voting didn't matter republicans wouldn't be fighting so hard for Voter ID acts, nor would democrats care to fight it

No, they just try to maintain the illusion that we are a part of things! That is the only way they can think of keeping us at bay!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by beezzer

Well since you live in Germany, I've guess you've forgotten what the US was like, because it is no way shape or form a dictatorship.

Not yet. But give it time at the current rate.

The people of the US votes for its representatives. We even get to vote directly on certain county, city, and state issues! It's great.

Yup. And look where that's got us!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Yes, he said that.

The President's surprise remarks followed his eleventh-hour meeting with Congressional leaders to discuss the sequester. But with Congress adjourned for a three-day weekend recess, there was little chance that the talks would result in a solution.

"I am not a dictator, I'm the President," Obama said. "Ultimately, if Mitch McConnell or John Boehner say, we need to go to catch a plane, I can't have Secret Service block the doorway."

"I can't do a Jedi mind-meld" to force Congress to agree to a deal, he added

www.businessinsider.com...

I find that statement somewhat amusing.

Doesn't Obama dictate what healthcare we should have?
Doesn't he dictate what our "fair share" should be?
Doesn't he dictate what the press should say?

Obama is frustrated. The sequester is happening. Something he said he'd veto if anyone tried to stop it.

What I find encouraging is that once the dust settles, people will find that we can do without some things, that government DOESN'T need to be everywhere.
That government CAN survive with less.

That government should have less. It doesn't need more taxes. It doesn't need more of our money.

That's the ultimate scare of sequestration. It'll show that we don't need government.

Meh...just because I am not sure someone else didn't post and I don't feeling like reading this propaganda

BUSH said the same thing, not just once of course! LOL

Yes, George W. Bush has stated he'd prefer to be a dictator at least three times, according to BuzzFlash.com:

* * * "You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier." Describing what it's like to be governor of Texas. (Governing Magazine 7/98) -- From Paul Begala's "Is Our Children Learning?"

"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator," Bush joked. -- CNN.com, December 18, 2000

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it, " [Bush] said. -- Business Week, July 30, 2001

www.buzzflash.com...

Little sad bunny beezzer you are a cute divisionary.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

LOL this is my new favorite!

Man that guy changes his story a lot!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join