It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

two pics that really smacked me in the face .....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by bruwin
You guys kill me. First off, no American bases exist in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbeckistan. And black dots depicting US bases in Pakistan is absolutely laughable....THEY HATE US! Why would they let us have all those bases in their country? As it was we had to sneak in under the cover of darkness to kill OBL....but you guys see those bases in Pakistan and say "Yep...US has bases there."

Someone do some RESEARCH because your killing me. And I don't know if you guys actually read real news but we left Iraq awhile ago...there are no more American forces there. Basically you can cut that list by 3/4 because the rest of it is BS.

Most of the "bases" are anything from a few guys who arrange fuel for planes or ships that pass through to a guy who takes care of the mail for US nationals in the area. In the entire nation of Saudi Arabia you have barely 200 people from all branches. Bases sounds much more exciting than just a few guys.

There is the 64th Air Expeditionary Group, comprising of 300 personnel including civilians, the CIA operates drones from Saudi. Most of the rest of the Arab world don't want any infidels there at all, (remember that was the rationale for 9/11) so, that's just Saudi soil?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
reply to post by cass1dy09

Originally posted by cass1dy09

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! REALLY????

Guess how many people are going to be unemployed if the government can't come to an agreement? Half the military will be disbanded and all non-essential civilians will be fired. That is adding more peeps to the unemployment line!!!!!!!!!! Why????? Because we are currently not a war with anyone? How do I know this? Because I move the stuff back from the Middle East...its over...done...stick a fork in it. War was the only thing keeping this country a float, but none of you are smart enough to see that!!! None of you realize the military only makes up less than 1% of America. Not to mention the fact that China actually has a bigger military than anyone and their defense spending is fine. Also, not to mention that our current defense spending is positive.

What is destroying this country, is ALL OF YOU!!! "I support welfare...it is great!" Free money to everyone then.

You soul sucking democrats wanting the end the world, need to jump off a cliff. And, you Republicans need to stand your ground and quit faltering when a Democrat tells you to jump.

Don't even dare challenge me that it isn't the Democrats fault.....THERE IS A MOTHER FREAKIN DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT RIGHT NOW. GO PACK SAND!

Without WAR...this country WILL FALL

And, pretty soon we WILL NOT HAVE A MILITARY..........BRING IT ON RED DAWN!!!!!

So killing people is ok because it keeps folks employed? You make me sick!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

hi

didn't Ron Paul say that America have over 900 bases in over 100 countries ?

or am I wrong on that on?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alexkrycek

Hello all , thanks for your input , due to overwhelming reply's to this thread , it has prompted me to do more research into this , so if anyone is whiling to tackle the task of mapping out the bases around Iran please send me a message Also , after looking at a world map , i am starting to get a great picture of what is really going on with these wars , so much so that i am going to make a prediction , something that i have never done before
but that will be on my next thread

Humbly

LSH

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

You guys kill me. First off, no American bases exist in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbeckistan. And black dots depicting US bases in Pakistan is absolutely laughable....THEY HATE US! Why would they let us have all those bases in their country? As it was we had to sneak in under the cover of darkness to kill OBL....but you guys see those bases in Pakistan and say "Yep...US has bases there."

Someone do some RESEARCH because your killing me. And I don't know if you guys actually read real news but we left Iraq awhile ago...there are no more American forces there. Basically you can cut that list by 3/4 because the rest of it is BS.

Most of the "bases" are anything from a few guys who arrange fuel for planes or ships that pass through to a guy who takes care of the mail for US nationals in the area. In the entire nation of Saudi Arabia you have barely 200 people from all branches. Bases sounds much more exciting than just a few guys.

There is the 64th Air Expeditionary Group, comprising of 300 personnel including civilians, the CIA operates drones from Saudi. Most of the rest of the Arab world don't want any infidels there at all, (remember that was the rationale for 9/11) so, that's just Saudi soil?

Nevermind the fact that we've always had more private 'military' personnel than official US forces, anyway.

Trust me... we are there, and we are many!

edit on 2/25/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
THIS

is all I need to know about the history of relationships between Iran and the US.

I grew up hating Iran for reasons posed by my leadership and never realized what actually happened there until too late in life. To this day, I hear my acquaintances from the military display all sorts of contempt for Iran, and would probably be lambasted for arguing that we (US) have a debt to be paid for past actions.

OP. Nice map. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This analogy doesn't work or make any sense. It's a missed point.
edit on 24-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Tell me why?

Pretend Middle East is a city and each country is a community. Now, explain.

(genuinely curious)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

This analogy doesn't work or make any sense. It's a missed point.
edit on 24-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Tell me why?

Pretend Middle East is a city and each country is a community. Now, explain.

(genuinely curious)

Pack your bag and return to the hell hole where you are coming from…

Is that too much to ask..? GO and never return, you are not WELCOME!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Originally posted by smurfy

Nevermind the fact that we've always had more private 'military' personnel than official US forces, anyway.

Trust me... we are there, and we are many!

edit on 2/25/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

Yes, I understand that, but it behoves me to understand why anyone would come out with a statement like that poster, on a site like this. But there is a bigger mystery here, and that is why would a 'pariah state' on the face of it, (I don't mean the Persian citizens et al, but the ruling faction, and the subjective, democratically elected, government want to rattle sabres with anyone in the vicinity, they are not Arabs, they have no particular friends in the Arab world, never mind rattling sabres with the rest of the world. Yet the reality is that, the Islamic world is currently pretty much aiding the infidel against Iran, and inviting the infidel, into Islamic countries, where the infidel should not be. So, what's the difference between the erstwhile peacock throne, and the current Ayatollah clerics? probably none, and begs the question of who is really running the show.
edit on 25-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just dropped in to say the "US base map" was wrong, but I see this has been pointed out quite adequately by several other posters. Prince Sultan Air Base was handed to the Saudis ten years ago. The US pulled out of Saudi Arabia mostly in 2003.

In 2001, 15 Saudi Arabia nationals (plus 3 others) killed 2,977 people on American soil. America was outraged. So naturally they decided to invade Iraq... logical. Then Afghanistan... for no reason they could actually define beyond "a war on terror"... just wow. Then drone attacks in Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. Hey (I hear you ask), what about those Saudi terrorist that started this whole thing in 2001? Well nothing. The US basically apologized the Saudis for upsetting them and left their country. Stay classy America.
edit on 25-2-2013 by zigguratvertigo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I don't like your avatar. I just don't like looking at Gifs when im trying to read something. Also i never thought of ATS as a forum where gifs fit in.

but that first picture is funny.(but wrong apparently)

edit on 25-2-2013 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
First pic is just garbage....

There are 45 police stations in my city, can gangs be a threat? YES.

*sigh*

I am sure you would feel the same then if Iran had surrounded US like this??
While also at the same time threatening you with miltary force.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think it's funny how everybody thinks the us is trying to control the oil and that is only partially true.
We buy every barrel that we use at full market price.
It's kept flowing and is sold to everyone.
And all the green energy is not nearly ready to replace the oil usage.
Just my two cents for what it's worth...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
maybe its time to pin point this issue all the way out? literally!

I really think its gonna be a ducked up picture to look at..

hmf.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I almost forgot.. If Mexico was constantly threatening Canada with extinction I think maybe we would have bases on that border as well. I don't believe we are innocent in the Middle East mess but Iran is not exactly innocent either.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

"First pic is just garbage....

There are 45 police stations in my city, can gangs be a threat? YES.

*sigh* "

fail analogy

back on topic, interesting to say the least. the second picture is just bleh, humans kill just to kill, as much as we like to pretend we are not animals....we are.
edit on 25-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

I don't like your avatar. I just don't like looking at Gifs when im trying to read something. Also i never thought of ATS as a forum where gifs fit in.

but that first picture is funny.(but wrong apparently)

edit on 25-2-2013 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

thanks for your opinion
anything else to add ?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Its not the oil people, its the currency the oil is sold in. World wide trade is done in dollars and any nation who does otherwise ends up invaded aka freed. That is how the US keeps its power, assets are easily frozen if they are in US dollars, no one can trade with you because trade is done in dollars, anyone who threatens trade in dollars becomes an enemy.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy71.
And all the green energy is not nearly ready to replace the oil usage.
Just my two cents for what it's worth...

I don't mean to be picky, but you are entirely wrong. Take one single renewable energy source: solar. Even with current technology, solar could provide way more than the worlds total energy demand. An estimate of electricity that could be generated worldwide from solar is 745,000 TWh (National Geographic Sept 2009). Current world energy usage is around 143,851 TWh (2008 figure - wikipedia).

The only reason green energy is not implemented more is the cost of new infrastructure, and of course, motivation.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It's all smoke and mirrors. You know this wont end until our civilisation has been completely obliterated, right?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join