It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

two pics that really smacked me in the face .....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

What they have done is brainwash into coveting money. Instead of coveting freedom, knowledge (such as how to grow food), community, love etc. Then things that equate to money are coveted.

And I am glad I dont drink in your pub. We laugh about spilled beer; in fact, we can fall over and hurt our heads without spilling a drop. Only means we have more stories to tell, and more beer to drink.

Do you think those who fight - in the armed forces - are fighting for a just cause? Do they fight with passion? Or do they hate each second of it and kill themselves when their time is over. Guilt is a very very powerful emotion.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruwin
You guys kill me. First off, no American bases exist in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbeckistan. And black dots depicting US bases in Pakistan is absolutely laughable....THEY HATE US! Why would they let us have all those bases in their country? As it was we had to sneak in under the cover of darkness to kill OBL....but you guys see those bases in Pakistan and say "Yep...US has bases there."

Someone do some RESEARCH because your killing me. And I don't know if you guys actually read real news but we left Iraq awhile ago...there are no more American forces there. Basically you can cut that list by 3/4 because the rest of it is BS.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
First pic is just garbage....

There are 45 police stations in my city, can gangs be a threat? YES.

*sigh*

I generally see your point but, just what if all of those police stations were manned by Chinese police?
Kind of changes the flavor, yeah?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

it makes you laugh iran the threat with all those bases around them

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This may sound ridiculous, but we live in a f'ed up world. Greed and thoughts of domination emanate from people of all nations. If it wasn't the US on a global offensive, then it would be another superpower. This is the world we were born to. Thoughts of a peaceful planet in which we hold hands and sing kumbaya is unrealistic for the time being. It is the human condition.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Your logic is flawed.

Following your thought process would mean that the only people who are poor, are the ones who simply can not handle money.

This is a ridiculous assumption, but hey .. no-one can make a couple hundred posts in only a few days and also have a decent amount of quality in them. My bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Reminds me of an upcomming program about "Bullying".
Who do you think could be counted as the biggest bully on the block?
Sometimes it makes me right proud to be "a 'merikin".

Just wait til the new oil reserves in Africa get developed. We will be on to all those "terrorists" next.
edit on 25-2-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
With or without the pictures... we should know whats up.

I read someone say without war we fall. That sounds straight out of a mouth from a greedy a$$ politician.

OMG! If we need to kill a bunch of innocent people so we don't "fall", then let the chips fall where they may. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard this morning.

If we need war so we do not fall then that tells me the "system" is broken and needs to be fixed.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

*sigh*

and how much of a threat do you think they are compared to if you had no police stations?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oil & Peace don't mix.

Peace is not oil soluble.

edit on 2/25/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To anyone that has ever played a strategy game (Stratego, Or Sid Meier's CIV games) you know that the easiest way to conquer a territory is to completely surround it.

After the War with Afghanistan started and then later with Iraq it was very clear to me at least what the end goal was...

I tried for years to convince people they were trying to start a war with Iran, and people would laugh. I was like look at the pincer move to the two neighboring countries are you blind?

People would say the US doesn't invade other countries and besides Iran is asking for it??? WHAT???

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by cass1dy09

That first picture is not accurate.

You may eliminate poverty for approximately 10 seconds then it will be back. At least that money spent on a war will end that current war and it probably won't happen again.

I read somewhere, some psych study, that if you gave poor people 10 million dollars they would be right back in their current situation within five years.

Its not about having the money its about having the drive to acheive and maintain that is the key.

Let us have an experiment ... I'm poor, you can give me 10 million dollars ... we can put 1 million in the bank and use that as a bet; since the odds are in your favor, say 10 to 1, if I win, I get another 10 million, if I lose, you get the 1 million (plus interest for the 5 years ... better yet, put it in a 5 yr CD or whatever).

I can guarantee you, that you'd lose the bet, because on 9 million dollars, my family and myself will never have to work again a single day in my lifetime. I can buy a house, cars, furnishings, nice sized property, and have my bills paid off for a century; and still have millions sitting in bank accounts, CDs, and other deposits gaining me money ... to the point I assign my family a yearly salary that is basically being paid the interest collected.

Say I spend 2 million of the 9 to have all my worldly needs taken care of ... that leaves 7 million at let's say 1% interest ... hmmm, that would give me 70k/yr to spend frivolously ... since, I don't have a mortgage, I don't have a car payment, I have money set aside in an account strictly for bills like car/health insurance, energy costs, etc, so ... 6k/month to piss away as I please, and STILL HAVE 7 million in the bank ... and after 5 years, another 11 million from the bet I made with you.

It is demeaning and insulting to assume that poor people would just piss away 10 million dollars and have nothing to show for it after 5 years. It is an attitude that encourages divide and conquer. 'Those stupid poor people can't handle finances'. So disrespectful, dismissive, and arrogant.

As far as being on topic ... If Russia and/or China set up military bases in the same density ratio across the canadian and mexican borders ... I'm rather certain lots of U.S.Americans would feel quite uneasy, and we are relatively friendly with them ... if Iran did it, people would panic.

Of course, people have a hard time looking at things from an outside perspective, they are too involved in their own self and perception to feel empathy for others, especially in the context of nations and religions.

In no way am I saying Iran is good or bad. I'm only speaking of how that map would look to you, if you were in their shoes.

I'm not even trying to say having those bases there is bad/wrong either; though personally I'd prefer if the U.S. spent their budget on helping out the sick, poor, homeless, ophans, education, real-free-healthcare, and a plethora of other things that a mature, responsible nation should provide its citizens to be the healthiest, most intelligent group of people on the planet, living by example, and damn sure able to defend itself on its own soil, while leaving the rest of the world alone unless it is a dire situation such as WW I/II. Semi-isolationism.

If you can't take care of yourself, how are you suppose to help anyone else ... and the U.S. is spending billions/trillions across the globe, while bailing out banks and kicking people out of their homes while people starve to death or can't afford the health care they need, nor can they afford any form of insurance, because they can barely afford to eat ramen while working 2-3 jobs.

Eh, greatest country on earth ... only if we begin to act like it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

it makes you laugh iran the threat with all those bases around them

The internet is so screwed up. Someone posts a picture of with black dots of supposed US bases in the Middle East and people take it as gospel. People are so gullible. 3/4's OF THAT LIST IS TOTAL BS!!!!! RESEARCH IT!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
So by the same analogy Canada is about to be invaded?

Only if we threatened to make nuclear enriched maple syrup.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruddas

Interesting info you have provided, they did not worry about owning the oil back then, but since it started to support their personal currency in place of gold they did not have enough of they want that oil back in their hands.

WW2 and the mechanized advancement of warfare is what made oil our power currency in the 1930's.

All of a sudden, the nation with the most fuel made the strongest machines that could operate the longest and at the highest degree, this is why Hitler was trying so despritely to secure both Russian and Egyptian oil fields ding the war, the Russian success over the Nazi's in Stalingrad and the US/UK success in Egypt is what really put the stake in Hitlers plans.

Now we have fiat currency, in order to demand the fuel for mechanized warfare is purchased in "our" currency, and we make a profit whenever anyone tries to mechanized their military, this system is the genesis of what allowed the USA to become the superpower it is today.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! REALLY????

Guess how many people are going to be unemployed if the government can't come to an agreement? Half the military will be disbanded and all non-essential civilians will be fired. That is adding more peeps to the unemployment line!!!!!!!!!! Why????? Because we are currently not a war with anyone? How do I know this? Because I move the stuff back from the Middle East...its over...done...stick a fork in it. War was the only thing keeping this country a float, but none of you are smart enough to see that!!! None of you realize the military only makes up less than 1% of America. Not to mention the fact that China actually has a bigger military than anyone and their defense spending is fine. Also, not to mention that our current defense spending is positive.

What is destroying this country, is ALL OF YOU!!! "I support welfare...it is great!" Free money to everyone then.

You soul sucking democrats wanting the end the world, need to jump off a cliff. And, you Republicans need to stand your ground and quit faltering when a Democrat tells you to jump.

Don't even dare challenge me that it isn't the Democrats fault.....THERE IS A MOTHER FREAKIN DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT RIGHT NOW. GO PACK SAND!

Without WAR...this country WILL FALL

And, pretty soon we WILL NOT HAVE A MILITARY..........BRING IT ON RED DAWN!!!!!

Oops hit the reply button before I replied!

How is it that without war our nation will fail. Has any war based economy in the history of the world not failed? It always does. We need to stop spending that money on waging war and use it to build jobs and rebuild our infrastructure. We could take that money and eventually get off fossil fuels. We can take that money and do things in the inovative American way that made us great. War makes you a greedy warmongering country and there is nothing great about that.

It is as negative as a country can be. Why can you not see that?

edit on 25-2-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That first picture is not accurate.

You may eliminate poverty for approximately 10 seconds then it will be back. At least that money spent on a war will end that current war and it probably won't happen again.

I read somewhere, some psych study, that if you gave poor people 10 million dollars they would be right back in their current situation within five years.

Its not about having the money its about having the drive to acheive and maintain that is the key.

That sounds more like a psycho's study. Individuals do individual things, poor people are individuals.
Do you know the old Tory style Whigs in Britain used to foster the idea that all crime comes from the working classes? sounds to me that the Whig style philosophy still persists. I like cass1dy09's picture, 1% Millionaires in the US population, 47% in the US congress.
edit on 25-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

Im sure that stat is not based on just giving the poor straight cash as it would be used to help educate people out of poverty in which ever methods.

Yes the statistic I read was given a poor person 10 million in cash.

I agree that changing the internal structure, particularly making higher education easier to access would greatly help those who are not as likely to be exposed to that world.

I was raised on a ranch and was expected to simply enter into that world when I became an adult. I decided to go to college and believe me that they do not make it easy to access it. Having no money it took me forever and a day to figure out how student loans work and yada yada so this area could definitely be improved.

I almost gave up and went home because it was so frustrating so I can't imagine the obstacles faced by those with even less knowledge than I had. I hate to even think of some of the brilliant minds we are missing out on simply because we make our system so hard.

Really sad.

I curious as to how many poor people they gave 10 million dollars to to test this theory...

Oh wait was it a resounding zero? Figures.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruwin
You guys kill me. First off, no American bases exist in Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, or Uzbeckistan. And black dots depicting US bases in Pakistan is absolutely laughable....THEY HATE US! Why would they let us have all those bases in their country? As it was we had to sneak in under the cover of darkness to kill OBL....but you guys see those bases in Pakistan and say "Yep...US has bases there."

Someone do some RESEARCH because your killing me. And I don't know if you guys actually read real news but we left Iraq awhile ago...there are no more American forces there. Basically you can cut that list by 3/4 because the rest of it is BS.

Most of the "bases" are anything from a few guys who arrange fuel for planes or ships that pass through to a guy who takes care of the mail for US nationals in the area. In the entire nation of Saudi Arabia you have barely 200 people from all branches. Bases sounds much more exciting than just a few guys.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

*sigh*

I generally see your point but, just what if all of those police stations were manned by Chinese police?
Kind of changes the flavor, yeah?

BOOM! Solid response. [now, it's apples to apples]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join