It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran announces uranium finds and power plant expansion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Iran says it has found major new uranium deposits and is planning to expand its nuclear power programme.

It said 16 sites had been identified as suitable for the construction of new power plants over the next 15 years.

Under UN sanctions, Iran is banned from importing nuclear material. It is due to hold talks with Western powers on Tuesday about its nuclear programme.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So, if the UN found Iran a credible enough threat to impose such sanctions, what is going to happen now that they can mine their own uranium in secret. Do you think this is a coincidence that they have started installing sophisticated centrifuges at its main uranium enrichment plant?

Where do you think this is headed? I would like to believe that they are using this solely for nuclear power. However, something tells me that they are "up to no good" as well.

Do you think that the UN should step in and monitor them?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

why should they be up to no good?

Look beyond the propaganda.

This is a good thing.

And you need the centrifuges to process uranium for power, not just weapons.

Why would they want to bomb any one?

Who have they attacked recently?

Independence of energy is always a good thing.

Unless you're jealous of someone for it.

Food for thought.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

why should they be up to no good?

Look beyond the propaganda.

This is a good thing.

And you need the centrifuges to process uranium for power, not just weapons.

Why would they want to bomb any one?

Who have they attacked recently?

Independence of energy is always a good thing.

Unless you're jealous of someone for it.

Food for thought.

If they were no threat and only wanted uranium for nuclear power, why would there be such sanctions against them? It's not a universal sanction that covers all nations, it was specifically set for Iran.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just like they created a new jet. You know, the one that turned out to not be able to fly.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Just like they created a new jet. You know, the one that turned out to not be able to fly.

You lost me there... what does that have to do with mining uranium or nuclear power?
edit on 23-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I dont think they necessarily want to build a bomb. I do think they want to have it close so they are a force to be reckoned with, if need be.If you arent up to bad things then why not let the world in to see what you are doing. If its peaceful purposes so be it. Prove it though!

Yes they havent attacked anyone, but probably because they havent been able to. They do hate us over here in the west. With a rocket in their pocket though the game changes now dont it!??!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthart

Yes they havent attacked anyone, but probably because they havent been able to. They do hate us over here in the west. With a rocket in their pocket though the game changes now dont it!??!

Good point. When I read this news article, I immediately thought of this post on ATS:

N. Korea’s nuke was bought and paid for by a key end-user — Iran

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

You lost me there... what does that have to do with mining uranium or nuclear power?

Iran claims lots of things that turn out not to be true at all. I gave the most recent incident.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Iran claims lots of things that turn out not to be true at all. I gave the most recent incident.

So Iran is lying about find spots that are suitable for construction of new power plants?
Also, please cite other incidents of Iran's claims that are not true.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well if theyre gonna lie about jets, why not.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If they were no threat and only wanted uranium for nuclear power, why would there be such sanctions against them? It's not a universal sanction that covers all nations, it was specifically set for Iran.

It doesn't mean they are a threat. What about Israel who build nuclear weapons, threaten surrounding countries and never get a sanction let alone a warning? They aren't even part of the IAEA or a signature of the NPT. Iran are and are being monitored on a regular basis. The sanctions are just a way for the USA to starve a few more innocent civilians and with that, the hope of causing some unrest in Iran so they can demonise them a bit more.

No-one has the right to tell Iran how to go about their nuclear program, especially WMD happy countries who cannot lead by example and disarm every Nuke they have in their possession. You want to know who the real threat is? The countries with that man with his finger over the red button.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So, they release fake photos and that means that they can't find land to build on or are installing enriching equipment? That is quite a leap and honestly, an ignorant statement.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well to be fair, no one in america is saying they are going to wipe a country off of the face of the planet.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Launching propaganda in 3.. 2.. 1..

Its a shame we all know how this thread will be filled with ASS and western bias towards Iran.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So, they release fake photos and that means that they can't find land to build on or are installing enriching equipment? That is quite a leap and honestly, an ignorant statement.

Its pretty ignorant to believe someone who lies straight to your face. They lied about jets. And they obviously know this will garner worry in the world by announcing they now have their own uranium. Its a power ploy to earn bargaining power at the negotiation table.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well to be fair, no one in america is saying they are going to wipe a country off of the face of the planet.

You Americans make me laugh. You will worry about a ridiculous quote which has been proven to be a mis-translation yet kill Millions in the country next door to Iran? Sometimes I think you people are insane and listening to Iran would be the smart thing to do in this day and age.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What?!? Where did that come from? The OP is of Iran claiming they have found a major new uranium deposit and have identified 16 suitable places to build power plants. You claim they are lying. Now, you jump to they threaten to "wipe a country off the face of the earth".

Please, also cite this claim.

Are you trying to troll or just trying to derail this thread. If you can't post on topic, please don't post...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I have over 4100 posts and have been here for 5 years. Dont lecture me on being on topic just because you are obviously pro iran and dont like what i have to say. I was explaining why they would be lying.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Iran announces uranium finds and power planet explainsion

hmmmm ... okay .... it's not like they lie about anything, right?
Iran May Have Faked Monkey In Space Announcment
With Iran it may or may not be true. You just never know.

edit on 2/23/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I have over 4100 posts and have been here for 5 years. Dont lecture me on being on topic just because you are obviously pro iran and dont like what i have to say. I was explaining why they would be lying.

LMAO, I'm not pro-Iran, I am Pro- anti - dumb a** comments.
They photo shop a jet... now you claim they lied about sooo many things, but only cite the jet... Now, riddle me this Mr. 4100 posts, if they have uranium, can not import it, where did it come from? What you are saying makes no sense...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join