It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomlover79

I'm an intelligence designer too and I disagree with all your arguments. Maybe you should read my post to the OP to see how a PRO Intelligent Designer does it... Jesus, it's like you've read a load of crud on the internet and are scared so much of god & hell you feel you must DAMAGE our CAUSE. Please get a grip on your beliefs and makes them EVIDENCE BASED.

After all, without EVIDENCE there is NO TRUTH!
edit on 24-2-2013 by PrivateSi because: subtle edit to designer

edit on 24-2-2013 by PrivateSi because: Error in my 'reasin for edit'

edit on 24-2-2013 by PrivateSi because: another error in my 'reason for edit' - God, I'll get it right someday

edit on 24-2-2013 by PrivateSi because: I am now happy with my 'reason for edit' text - DESIGN COMPLETE

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

I only read about 25% but I didn't see anyone with this answer yet:

No, it's not a good argument against intelligent design.

IN FACT FROM A DESIGN POINT IT WAS ALMOST PERFECT.

Humans had back teeth when they needed them. When they didn't, it coincided with medical advancements that allowed for the removal of teeth.

If someone did want the human race to flourish, they did a pretty good job - the proof is in the results.

Your claim is demonstrably false.

Here is a skull dated between 13K and 15K years ago with impacted wisdom teeth.
www.livescience.com...

Your claim that "it coincided with medical advancements that allowed for the removal of teeth." is wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

i have three front teeth one more than many others

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If there's one thing that disproves the theory of Intelligent Design, it's the kind of people who believe it,

Just kidding

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomlover79
reply to post by SplitInfinity

But WHAT definitively proved as FACT? I'm looking for concrete evidence here... Not just your word that it is fact.

Pardon me by hopping on the boat so late but seeing as you are so persistent for factual evidence of evolution I would like to ask you to consider this premise. You claim to be a creationist and that you would like to have a civil debate about both "theories". If I had to ask you for solid evidence or fact that this world is the product of intelligent design and answer your replies with a request of tangible evidence (which is what you are constantly doing), how would you convince me?.

You label yourself as a "critical thinker" by ostracizing other members for their valid replies. Now if you are a critical thinker, then why would you constantly probe for answers on the subject if you can use your critical thinking to research the subject at hand.

It seems you want to be spoon fed by causing nonsensical arguments instead of challenging your faith by seeking the answers to your questions without a sense of biased and prejudice remarks after each reply from another member.

Now you also claim that you respect other people for their beliefs but your intentions are clearly showing otherwise. If you want to believe that the universe and this planet was manufactured physically by an entity by commanding instructions in 6 days and has been around for only six thousand years that is your prerogative.

I personally find the amazing "theory" of evolution to be a remarkable testament to the wondrous process of true creation whether it be by chance or by a designer. I find it fascinating that we are technically somewhere along the line related to every single living entity on this planet and it makes universal existence such a beautiful prospect.

In fact evolution and the propagation that it ensues should be model for human beings (with their superiority complex) to respect all creatures for their existence has been just as an arduous process for survival if not more. I will conclude with this quote '' intelligence, not because you think you know everything, but that you question everything you think you know".

Peace be with you and if your beliefs give you closure to the darkness of uncertainty, may your closure be projected to your peers not as truth but as your opinion, after all its your belief, not everybody else s

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

"You obviously have no Idea what you are talking about."

AMEN to that Griffo!

Seriously - it annoys me that CRETANISTS come up with totally factually INCORRECT arguments so I thought I'd post some tongue in cheek reasoning whose only (though MAJOR) flaw is that PRIMARY EVIDENCE of The Creator is needed to support my (bogus) claims... We/life-forms could only be considered SECONDARY EVIDENCE of design IMO whereas We/life-forms (in relation to survival in an ecosystem) are PRIMARY EVIDENCE for EVOLUTION.

It also annoys me that ID Headz have STOLEN a perfectly sensible term and turned it into NONSENSE - "Intelligent Design(er)" was THIEVED!

Just in case anyone here has not read Babinski's: EVILUTION vs CRETANISM I'll mention it now.

It's a must read on this subject - very gory, very natural, very attacking and VERY FUNNY. I can't find a link to it or his anti-creationism site anymore. It always used to do the rounds on this topic but only his serious work on evolution comes up on the first few goggle pages. If you find it, POST the LINK, I could do with a laugh...
edit on 24-2-2013 by PrivateSi because: spelling & grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomlover79

You want proof?

Rapid large-scale evolutionary divergence in morphology and performance associated with exploitation of a different dietary resource

Lizards Rapidly Evolve After Introduction to Island

Italian Wall Lizard

Italian wall lizards introduced to a tiny island off the coast of Croatia are evolving in ways that would normally take millions of years to play out, new research shows.

In just a few decades the 5-inch-long (13-centimeter-long) lizards have developed a completely new gut structure, larger heads, and a harder bite, researchers say.

In 1971, scientists transplanted five adult pairs of the reptiles from their original island home in Pod Kopiste to the tiny neighboring island of Pod Mrcaru, both in the south Adriatic Sea.

Genetic testing on the Pod Mrcaru lizards confirmed that the modern population of more than 5,000 Italian wall lizards are all descendants of the original ten lizards left behind in the 1970s.

edit on 24-2-2013 by roblot because: Added more sources

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

These children do not have their wisdom teeth grow in later causing a lot of trouble ? You don't have wisdom teeth which come in some time later when you supposedly have gained some wisdom?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

So it was all a lucky accident? Sorry, too much in "reality" that makes me to think otherwise.
edit on 24-2-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

You are either evolving or digressing to become a monkey per the OP !? God made the Fish ,birds and the Animals but when it came to man he broke the link . He made man in his own image . There is no missing link . Thats why it will never be found .

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Get off your soapbox, mate.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

"there is no telling what people of such willful ignorance are capable of." If you fear someone who tries to give someone an alternate way of thinking, then perhaps it's because they have something worthwhile to say. However, if you mean you fear your "religious fanatic" theory, then fair enough. Many people, even those who believe in God or who believe in intelligent design from other means also fear religious fanatics. They aren't one in the same.

It's also interesting that you hold all your beliefs on Science. Something that changes it's mind constantly. Perhaps we don't know everything yet. Some of the most vastly believe theories throughout time have proven to be wrong. Tell me that in 300 years from now, people will be laughing at us for the conclusions we've made.

I think Science is a great thing. And completely understand that evolution of some form has/does exist. I've never said it doesn't. But i don't think everything we see in the world is just a lucky mistake.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Orgel's Second Rule

"Evolution is cleverer than you are."

Orgel's Rule

Orgel's Second Rule is intended as a rejoinder to the argument by lack of imagination. In general, this rule expresses the sometimes experienced fact that "trial and error" strategies are better than centralized intelligent human planning.

Orgel's rule can also be used to counter creationist arguments in which often the hidden and non-provable presumption is suggested, that human intelligent planning is in general superior to trial and error strategies used by evolution.[citation needed]

The same principle has been given as an analogy to software developed in an evolutionary sense by group collaboration, as opposed to software built to a pre-ordained design that was created without reference to previous implementation. Although, the development is not claimed to be of the same random nature as is by evolutionary genetics.

edit on 24-2-2013 by roblot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

So it was all a lucky accident? Sorry, too much in "reality" that makes me to think otherwise.

What is a lucky accident?

I posted that impacted 3rd molars have been happening for thousands of years, long before there was dentistry.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

It's also interesting that you hold all your beliefs on Science. Something that changes it's mind constantly. Perhaps we don't know everything yet. Some of the most vastly believe theories throughout time have proven to be wrong. Tell me that in 300 years from now, people will be laughing at us for the conclusions we've made.

Science doesn't change its mind constantly. There are refinements and new ideas, but things like Newtonian physics are still used today. Even before there was science there was the flat Earth model. A flat Earth model is stilled used today.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Why did we evolve to be naked? Why did all our hair/fur decide to just drop off so that we became naked? If we had hair and fur why would it ever disappear? You can't say because we started wearing clothes because there would have been no reason to wear clothes had we had hair and fur at the time.

I've always loved the fact that evolution just 'happens' to take millions and millions of years basically making it impossible to prove by reproducing the results in a lab.

Also I'd love to see how the creatures that soar in the sky grew wings and learnt how to fly... did they stand there swinging their arms trying to lift off for millions of years and generations and eventually wings just sprouted from their upper arms?

Also I have often wondered if evolution is a real thing, why is it humans are the weakest most fragile living things on the planet? The amount of pain and suffering an animal can handle compared to a human is immense, even their physical strength agility everything is far superior to humans in every single way.

You'd think if evolution were real that we'd at least resemble some strength of an animal even our so called ape ancestors who are literally up to and over 20 times our physical strength... even just a chimpanzee is something like 3 times stronger than a fully grown man.

I'd love someone to explain to me why on earth we evolved to be physically weaker in every aspect, we are so very susceptible to diseases.

If evolution is a real thing why do we even need stuff like vaccines?

I believe the reason we are so fragile and weak compared to animals is because we aren't built to last, we're built to live a life time on earth and then be put where we belong be that heaven or hell.

Also you guys must really ask yourselves why humans are so much more intelligent than animals, the gap between the intelligence of the smartest type of animal versus humans is huge.

If creationism is wrong, evolution sure as hell is NOT the right answer. It has far too many flaws.

You guys that take evolution as gospel truth from your scientist idols are no better than ignorant religious zealots You guys would never argue with a scientist you basically just take it as fact because you're not a scientist you're not going to argue with or against one.

They can say A + B + C = X, X does this Y does this which creates Z there you have it science! The ignorant masses lap it up, they're not going to argue against a scientist.

Surely by now you guys should know how massively manipulated the world around us is, why wouldn't you think they wouldn't use scientists as a tool to manipulate the masses?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

it takes a leap of faith to believe that we were once fish though, regardless of where we think the evidence leads

Does it also take a leap of faith to believe we were once Stardust? That took place before the fish, and yet we once were.

maybe it does too

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I don't remember seeing anything about molars in your reply to me? It was about intelligent design and that you didn't believe in it. Also, that micro-macro evolution was the same thing. That's all i got. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So what's the verdict on the human mouth? Oh, there isn't one, because everyone's been engaged in this intellectual dick-wagging contest since somewhere around page 1.

I came to this thread because I am genuinely interested in the human mouth, but I would estimate less than 1/3 of the pages have the words "mouth" or "teeth" anywhere on them. If you're just going to derail what could have been an interesting discussion, then go start your own thread please. There have been a few people who have actually tried to address the OP, but their posts are lost in everyone's game of one-ups-manship.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Refinements and new ideas that lead to new conclusions. Hence, the changing nature of Science. You ask for facts and evidence. But even when they are displayed, they are rarely 100% accurate.

And in that post i also did mention how science is a great thing. I'm not a religious nut who doesn't believe in Science. That would be very silly of me. I just think when you look to science for ALL the answer to EVERYTHING you're going to trip up.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join