It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I opened this thread initially because I'm sitting here with a toothache, waiting for the dentist's office to open....lol!!
After 26 pages of arguing....I'm jumping in.

As a small child one day I blurted out, "We were created to evolve." (I've always believed this.)
Created by what? The Big Bang? A God? Aliens? I don't know.
Neither do any of you.

Where did you learn your religion? From other people.
Where did you learn your science? From other people.
Who wrote the Bible? Other people.
How did we learn about God (or the gods)? Other people.
Who tells us what we need to do to be healthy? Other people.

I have stopped believing what 'other people' tell me, most of the time.
When it comes to....how we got here...and where we came from....we still really don't know, do we?
If we don't know, then why do we argue?
Why do we kill each other over whose God is better or more real?

Argh! Toothache. Who's gonna fix it? Other people. People who will shortly be ridding me of my pain, while telling me to use more fluoride. Gotta love other people.
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Evolution to me proves intelligent design.....

Its funny listening to people banging on how evolution goes against itteligent design....

A resilient body which gets more useful more defencive more adaptive to its surroundings as time differentiats the environment....how much more intelligent design do you need?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
I opened this thread initially because I'm sitting here with a toothache, waiting for the dentist's office to open....lol!!
After 26 pages of arguing....I'm jumping in.

As a small child one day I blurted out, "We were created to evolve." (I've always believed this.)
Created by what? The Big Bang? A God? Aliens? I don't know.
Neither do any of you.

Where did you learn your religion? From other people.
Where did you learn your science? From other people.
Who wrote the Bible? Other people.
How did we learn about God (or the gods)? Other people.
Who tells us what we need to do to be healthy? Other people.

I have stopped believing what 'other people' tell me, most of the time.
When it comes to....how we got here...and where we came from....we still really don't know, do we?
If we don't know, then why do we argue?
Why do we kill each other over whose God is better or more real?

Argh! Toothache. Who's gonna fix it? Other people. People who will shortly be ridding me of my pain, while telling me to use more fluoride. Gotta love other people.
jacygirl

Awww, toothaches suck, hope you feel better.

For future, vegetable glycerin or coconut oil or hydrogen peroxide will remedy a toothache, just swish any of these three at least twice a day or when pain persists. I had to get root canals when this happened to me in the past, now I just swish with vegetable glycerin and coconut oil.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

Hi toastyr!
This thread seems to have died (for now?), but I just wanted to thank you for your response.
I pulled out the coconut oil and have started oil pulling again (why did I ever stop? lol)
Thank you for taking the time to care and share!
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by noissucnoc16
reply to post by Barcs

If dogs were to have small talk would they say that this house or dog collar or chew toy was not created by a higher intelligence because of the flaws

Is that a question? I have no idea how dogs would ponder existence if they could talk and be more intelligent.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Evidence against Evolution (concise and short)

What does the theory of evolution need to explain?

If a theory says that humans have come into existence by evolutionary processes, the theory must be also be able to explain how the following came into being.

1. The sun and the earth (Without a planet and a star there can be no first cell.)

2. The first self-replicating (living) cell (Without the first cell there can be no other life.)

3. The formation of all other living things

In the evolutionist framework, the sun, the earth and the first cell came about by random, mindless, blind and unguided processes. Random, mindless, blind and unguided processes never achieve anything.

In natural selection, the environment affects the gene frequency in a population. Even so, natural selection is a mindless and blind process acting on mutations which are random, mindless and blind.

Evolution (which is mindless and blind) will never achieve anything.

this is just the nutshell of this all
for more information, go to www.changinglivesonline.org...

Cheers

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 29-9-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicMuso97

EVIDENCE 4: Complex Systems do not evolve 'bit by bit'

From the same website guys
I'm not trying to change your motives or beliefs
Thank you for your time

Mod Edit: See link in previous post.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Yes, the #Homo Sapiens' species are still trying to get the balance correct, But look at the Mosquito and its feeding abilities, Wow.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

EpicMuso97
Evidence against Evolution (concise and short)

What does the theory of evolution need to explain?

If a theory says that humans have come into existence by evolutionary processes, the theory must be also be able to explain how the following came into being.

1. The sun and the earth (Without a planet and a star there can be no first cell.)

2. The first self-replicating (living) cell (Without the first cell there can be no other life.)

3. The formation of all other living things

In the evolutionist framework, the sun, the earth and the first cell came about by random, mindless, blind and unguided processes. Random, mindless, blind and unguided processes never achieve anything.

In natural selection, the environment affects the gene frequency in a population. Even so, natural selection is a mindless and blind process acting on mutations which are random, mindless and blind.

this is just the nutshell of this all
for more information, go to www.changinglivesonline.org...

Cheers

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

More nonsense. Doing what creationists always do; conflating abiogenesis and evolution and using that straw man to beat up on evolution.

No it must not. The theory has nothing whatsoever to do with 1 or 2. Errant nonsense which hints at a deep misunderstanding of Evolutionary Theory.

I suspect it's more because creationists have absolutely no argument. Nothing. So they need to keep inventing this rubbish to keep, what appears to them, to be a dialogue going..

Then there is this -

Nonsense. Just because something happened naturally does not mean it is "random and blind". That's just nonsense. Look at "strange attractors" in chaos theory. Look at the natural symmetry of ripples in a pond, or the way iron filings arrange themselves into patterns via sympathetic vibration in the presence of sound waves. There are many examples of order in chaos occuring naturally.

And describing natural selection as "mindless and blind" is also nonsense. It's the antithesis of "mindless and blind" or "random" and if you understood it you would not make this mistake. Mutations are random, yes, but these are then sorted against the pressures of existence within the organisms environment, which sorts the beneficial mutations from the non-beneficial ones.

Creationists do themselves no favors by repeating these same, tired and already debunked arguments ad infinitum...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ETA: zombie thread
edit on 29-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join