It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops Arrive In Niger To Set Up Drone Base

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yes,in combat arms we all do. You would have to be quite young not to know that.
We are just that good and we know it.As to the darkness it is a part of me as I chose the life of a warrior.
One cannot fully realize that type of effort without knowing how to be dark inside.Its just a measure of the man how he handles it.
But better us than someone who would be destroyed or driven insane by the face of war.
Its bad enough that it exists,but we don't make the orders ourselves we just have to execute them.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Just a little more to swallow

Barack Obama's adoption of the "Responsibility to Protect" justification for bombing Libya will create problems. Not only will this lead -- and has led to attacks against Israel and calls for international intervention in the conflict between Palestinians and Israelis -- but it also has the potential of being applied in a form of lawfare against America.
When we engage militarily in other nations, civilian casualties are inevitable, especially since terrorists hide among civilian populations. There is one influential group that has been in the forefront of efforts to promote the idea that the international community is obligated to take measures (including military ones) to protect civilians. That group is the Global Center for the Responsibility to Protect. Lo and behold! George Soros's Open Society Institute is one of the two foundations that bankroll this advocacy group (the other, the John D. and Catherine MacArthur Foundation - a group that has, over the years, become known not just for its Genius Awards but also for its funding of left-leaning groups. It is headed by a former State Department official and we know how many of those diplomats think).

Soros, as I have also pointed out , has ties to Samantha Power-Obama's influential foreign policy adviser and one of the key people responsible for Obama's decision to attack Libya under the Responsibility to Protect rationale.

www.americanthinker.com...

Amazing how it all comes together so neatly in the end...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by jibeho

Amazing how it all comes together so neatly in the end...

Why am I not suprised Soros has his hands in this pot also...

and this

President Obama sought the approval of the Arab League and the international community before launching military attacks on Libya. He did not seek Congressional approval. This chronology illustrates his pattern of outsourcing our foreign policy to other nations and multilateral groups

And no one is even attempting to stop him.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Africom? Oil discovered in Mali?
Neo-colonialism?

USA, the number one exporter of evil, greed and violence. GO GO GO

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Africa has the highest amount of precious resources in the world. makes sense.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Remember Kony 2012.
Brillaint ...so obvious how all of these social media movies are
part of these ops, like the one hyped before Benghazi.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

(Face plant) Again...,it isn't America ,there are unseen hands working here we are just the scapegoat/tool for this.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

Yes,in combat arms we all do. You would have to be quite young not to know that.
We are just that good and we know it.As to the darkness it is a part of me as I chose the life of a warrior.
One cannot fully realize that type of effort without knowing how to be dark inside.Its just a measure of the man how he handles it.
But better us than someone who would be destroyed or driven insane by the face of war.
Its bad enough that it exists,but we don't make the orders ourselves we just have to execute them.

Yes I know.. I was in the army.. Didn't get deployed, but I know exactly what you mean. I never feared death as much as I feared a life not worth living.

@above post.. Yep.
edit on 2/22/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

there are unseen hands working here we are just the scapegoat/tool for this.

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle

Africom? Oil discovered in Mali?
Neo-colonialism?

USA, the number one exporter of evil, greed and violence. GO GO GO

I don't think you understand how I post.. Sometimes it's thinly veiled humor that comes out through sarcasm.. Hence the reference to the game Risk.. I wasn't really asking the question. I did like the sources given by Burn in response though.

If you are still stuck on the country game and misunderstand my jadedness you probably won't get my humor on most all of my posts.

Ever played monopoly? There is only one winner, and America isn't the head of Rome.. No "country" is.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow they really want to pop these things up wherever they can. I guess the more bases = more drones which then = more "intel" or destruction whichever way you see it, but the point remains the same.

*shakes head*

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Like the economy, controlled demolition,
then ultimate control.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What I have a hard time figuring out is how can the president say alqueda is a threat to america AND THEN help alqueda overthrow the libyan and syrian leaders who are ANTI-alqueda! Both assad and gadafhi stated multiple times that alqueda was attacking them and the usa military was aiding those rebels, so unless they were lying what gives?

As for the muslim brotherhood in tunisia, egypt, turkey and other muslim dominated countries how can one say they are not religious orientated parties, hint MUSLIM brotherhood!

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. In fact when will the 9-11 criminals in the usa be brought to justice. There is more than plenty information it was 100% inside job and that the government used alqueda as patsies to push israeli interest and for war racketering on behalf of wall street.

As for drones on one hand they are more cost and life saving efficient, but on the other hand it is a bit cowardly.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Actually the drones are not cheaper in any way.
The average cost of a predator drone is over 4 million dollars.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Forgot Kenya too:

Units from a US Army brigade will soon begin training Kenyan troops as part of a major expansion of American military capabilities throughout Africa.

Plans call for teams of trainers from the Army's 2nd Brigade, known as the "Dagger Brigade," to be deployed to as many as 35 countries in Africa beginning in the next couple of months, according to the Associated Pre

www.nation.co.ke...

Wonder when people will start holding the current NEOCON admin accountable?

Don't see how the "national security" of the US being met with troops in Africa-Niger and other countries.

Seems there is not a continent on earth that there isn't a drone base.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Subterfuge to preserve conflict perhaps?
Although with this guy I have NO IDEA what he is trying to do.I only know how it appears and what the immediate effects are.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jibeho

Wonder when people will start holding the current NEOCON admin accountable?

Maybe when people start joining groups like this and do direct action.

Drone Summit: Killing and Spying by Remote Control Note, the summit was in 2012.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There could be war in the future over Africa's ground water supply. That's just my guess.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

And this is why I am a..."CIVILIAN"....as I am looked upon to smell the Bull$#!% as I cannot tell you how many times a JOB has been presented to the Team and I go to pick up the paperworked details and I can see faces CRINDGING as the Brass who can easily order the KIDS to go do a Meat Grinder JOB cannot Bull$#!% ME!

First Rule in being a Soldier...1. NEVER VOLUNTEER!

First Rule when doing My JOB...1. DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU!

I only trust what I KNOW.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

This is what is known as a tripwire op.
These people take a hit and that justifies more troops to show up to protect them.
There is NO WAY they need to set up a drone point that far forward.

That's kind of dark.. Do you think said troops know this fact?

Seems very Benghazi ish..

What's the huge interest in Africa all the sudden? Do we have to hold the continent to get 3 extra Armies per turn or something?

What's the huge interest in Africa? You're talking about West Africa, namely Niger?

URANIUM; you know.....Yellow Cake!.....Like the stuff of starting the war in Iraq and the CIA outing of Valerie Plame in order to silence her US ambassador husband, who outed Dick Cheney/Scooter Libby, etc....and on and on and......on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join