It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2Pac Died For Us; Spirit of a True American Hero

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

do you think that if 2pac was alive
eminem would of been successful as he was?

also he brought tupacs rights off his mother

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stinka

He was a great Hip hop artist, for those of us not born into money. We can relate to alot of what he rapped about.
He was against illuminati and was killed for it. Plane and simple. Listen to the lyrics of both him and biggie, they talk about 2 towers falling years before it even happened. They where leaking to much info and was silenced for it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
2Pac died as a result of his leaving Death Row.Suge couldn't have that so he was dealt with.Then it was Biggie's turn,although I think the real target was always Puffy Combs.I never bought into Tupac's political talk he was in the business of selling records.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't care what people say here because the most people that have negative replies here don't know a thing about Pac. To me he is a hero, i know almost all his songs and yes allot of them were negative and allot were positive. The same way we have negative and positive periods in our live. He inspired a whole nation with his music and Thug Life. He was on the rise to become a great man and really had a chance of turning the people against the government and that's why they killed him. He was getting to powerful with his lyrics. He may be dead but he will never be forgotten.

I have a big poster of him still hangin on my wall. He's my inspiration. If he was still alive i bet he would be leading the Occupy movement and he would've already succeed in overthrowing the government.

Keep ya head up! Rest in peace, Tupac Makaveli Tha Don Shakur.

Best Rapper ever lived for real

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yeah, wasn't he a convicted RAPIST?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

He was sued by the same government that murdered him so do the math

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Yeah, wasn't he a convicted RAPIST?

BS

convicted probably by the same judge that owned death row records

what a cheeky comment

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So much of what you posted just is not true. I don't even know where to start. Tupac was a great rapper, and he did do some good things, but he was still immature, and a gang banger. He did rap some about the government and maybe even conspiracies, if you want to look at it that way, but the whole Illuminati thing you are taking out of context.

And Thug Life...Thug life was about succeeding from nothing. 2pac did not unite the Bloods and the Crips either, and if anything, he served to perpetuate gang violence in his last couple of years, by buying into the non-existent East Coast West Coast rivalry. And no he was not murdered by the government. It was a conspiracy of sorts though.

Anyone who has really studied this case, and who actually know what was happening with the police department at that time, as well as DRR, should know that Suge Knight orchestrated the hit on Pac. Why? Probably for 2 main reasons. One, 2pac was leaving DR, and second, Suge owed Tupac many millions of dollars. Suge's behavior and statements after the shooting back this up, as he told multiple lies. Suge was also one of the people who fed 2pac misinformation, like the whole Orlando Anderson incident in Vegas. They also fed him lies about Biggie, and the whole coast battle was never really existent to a large degree.

There were multiple POLICE OFFICERS working for DRR, and they have been interviewed, which you can find online, saying that Suge is the one who ordered the hit on Tupac. Suge wanted the authorities to think that Pac was killed because of the E/W rivalry, to take any suspicions off of him, because he had MOTIVE. The Biggie killing was connected as well, and the most unfortunate aspect of the whole thing is that Biggie was the most innocent in it all. He was not a violent man by any means.

So ya, since the same police officers who were working for Suge the gangster on the weekends actually said or implied that Suge was behind the killing, what more do you need? The police investigation was also halted from the inside, because a real investigation would have uncovered Suge's involvement in the hit. This is all backed up by witnesses and people involved. There have been a couple of really good documentaries made on the subject, and I urge you to check them out.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
heh Everyone has a different interpretation and take on the life and legend of Tupac.

Mine?

I respect him, he was a conflicted man and you can see this throughout his career. He was immersed in success and fame and money and as something he was never accustomed to or expected to ever have...he soaked it all in and started worshiping it. In essence he was a sell-out because he held deep inside conflicting beliefs about it all...

he still grew up in the hood with a life and experience immersed in injustices that deep down he wanted to change, but this part of him was put aside for the glorious ride he was entranced with...at least initially.

Later on in his life and career the entrancing effect of the fame and glory faded and he became reacquainted with his deep desire to inspire change. His tone changed and he became more philosophical and political. He was still torn because his fan-base was accustomed to gangsta rap and he didn't want to loose his audience with too drastic a change in tone.

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."
-Tupac Shakur

From my perspective the man had a hard life and was dealt a less than favorable hand and was constantly struggling to fight off the thug life influence and temptations of money/greed in order to fulfill his deep down wish of sparking the brain that will change the world.

He has my respect for trying to play his unfavorable hand and turn it into something "better"...

the real Tupac didn't come out till later in his career and I personally believe that is why he was a "dead man walkin"...he would no longer sell himself out.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Tupac at 17.. Tell me this guy is not wise beyond his years here

edit on 23-2-2013 by solizer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
Who is this 2 pak guy anyway never heard of him . A old hoodite or something.

Yes, I second that. What's a 2Pac?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Ive watched those documentaries you are talking about and they were very low budget. And about the west coast east rivalry even in tupacs words he said that the media was the one that blew everything out of proportion. Sorry dude but your comment is just out of context and just plain ignorant. I'm 26 and have been a die hard fan since i was 8. And to say he was a Gang banger is just gross because you will not hear him claim that in non of his songs. Maybe a thug but there's a difference. I was raised in the ghetto dude and i think i know a lot more than you on this tupac subject. Dont write about something you know nothing about. YOU SOUND GROSS

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So, i will say I am a 2pac "Music" lover.

Besides that, the interview was like when I went to Church. I had a walkman playing 100 miles an runnen while I went to church. I was a greeter at the Church at the age of 10-13. I would listen to other songs as well, Belinda Carlille at that time, MC Hammer, various talent.

The Key is that adapting to a situation that your in is what made them who they are. If that is 2pac in the disposistion than he is not a gangster, at that moment in time. He was a gangster when he needed to be, which probably got him shot by a "true gangster".

2pac was the same, not exactly, but real close to Beyonce and Lady Gaga as far as fame is concern. This is the true discussion.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Yes, I second that. What's a 2Pac?

2Pac is what you're left with after drinking 4 of a 6pac. Unfortunately, true to form, they are usually living on borrowed time.

On a serious note, 2pac was a gifted artist but I don't think he died for anybody. I think "american hero" is a label that few can carry and he just isn't doesn't make it.

edit on 23-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yes sir! He was trying to get into politics to clear out the curruption cuz he was really agaisnt the injustice which he believed he could change..

There's too many youtube vids on his legacy and the whole killuminati side of things...

That whole East vs. West was pretty much over with in his mind before he died, where he wanted to bring a peaceful unification of the over-exacerbated rivalry...

R.I.P.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I agree it just was t obvious 10 years ago. 2pac was a legend and we will always love him.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Demonize Jesus Christ and Christian principles

/

Star and Flag the # out of Tupac, 'coz he's the REAL saviour, yo

...welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I was ready to berate you for the title of your thread, however when i watched the video i realised the 2Pac portrayed by the press isnt necessarily who who he is. Great potential wasted.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hey you forgot to mention Immortal Technique and why he's still underground and turned down countless record deals and yet speaks about TPTB (To a certain member that relates everything with wealth).

He spoke about things in front of camera crews you couldn't imagine writing about on ATS. Show a little respect, perhaps if he was a lawyer or a doctor that turned against the system the OP wouldn't have received such hateful responses.

I still say it's better to have people like Pac around, rather than the mindless, untalented pop rappers out there at the moment. Cough cough* Lil Wayne.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join