It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2Pac Died For Us; Spirit of a True American Hero

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Sounds about right my man, interesting post. There were definitely sharks around him that had there eyes on his money, he's worth more dead than alive.

To get out jail, he signed his record contract with Death Row on a piece of toilet paper; seems to be when he signed his life over. He was in Dannemora, a maximum security prison, artists don't' survive well in prison, he was constantly harassed, exploited, threatened and humiliated by the guards and inmates as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

yeah he was really well read. He did have a great mind to him. That is why I say that given the vacuum of youth and the onset of old age, he would have been brilliant.

It is a shame all around, because in the end, what he said was true for many. So many followed him and were eager to listen. The fact that he is still respected and listened to, and looked to for a source of substance to the hip hop genre says it all....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I liked his lyrics until I heard his disgusting comments about whites. He was a confused individual that made a few good tunes

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

He wasnt "racist". His racial comments were more retaliatory than fueled by a real hate towards whites. It was the west coast and it was during the 90´s. Enough said.

He did have a few that were questionable, but ultimately he was not ignorant about his racial views. He was just frustrated early on and lashed out like a young idiot. That cleared itself out eventually.

edit on 22-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Well said tadaman.

Man, I knew it would be disheartening to hear people sit around and judge him thats why the entire post focused on the path that he took to establish a base on the West, unite the East and the West, and take his foundation in to the political sphere. I see threads about ''how do we change'' the system, yet, here's a guy that was really doing it, and I think he would have been a righteous leader, not a hypocrite, but for the people and made good changes.

Everybody just wants to focus on his bad side, how come nobody is discussing the angle what the whole OP was about, his plans for the future. Everyone only sees the rap perception, which is amplified especially leaving the earth at the time when he did. His life seems to be more about everyone judging him, and he instilled a fear in the PTB due to his leadership over the black community, his family was victimized by the FBI Cointelprogram since a youth.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by Leuan

He wasnt "racist". His racial comments were more retaliatory than fueled by a real hate towards whites. It was the west coast and it was during the 90´s. Enough said.

He did have a few that were questionable, but ultimately he was not ignorant about his racial views. He was just frustrated early on and lashed out like a young idiot. That cleared itself out eventually.

Not sure if I buy that. Many people claim to be enlightened, yet still haven't broken the race barrier.
Whether it comes out in the heat of the moment or not, it's wrong and it plays into the DIVISION of society
Words hold alot of power, much more than we give them credit for. Didn't realize this until I read a certain book
edit on 22-2-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

What is this racial comment he made? I'm not familiar with it, do you have a link or something I could check out, what does he say.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
reply to post by Leuan

What is this racial comment he made? I'm not familiar with it, do you have a link or something I could check out, what does he say.

I will agree with the previous poster, he said these things when he was in his "thug" mode.
It's still disconcerting though, especially his alleged ties with the BP. Hold on I will find a link

ETA Type in tupac racism into youtube... It won't let me view the clip until I sign in

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

The creation of what we see as RACE, was the division, of us.....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Interesting thread, OP, and thanks for it, as one who was a fan of Tupac, in that he dared to speak of much some of us don't speak of anymore for it carries with it a very high price. Having said that, it's hard not to see him as just another device of the organization he spoke against, as that is how this organization works....representing both sides at the same time, so as to defend its position and actions, thereof.

I wish I could remember which tune it was, that he rapped in the 90s, about "God will forgive what happened in no."
This is important, I feel, as this also appears in the Bible, and is qualifying and quantifying the "time loop" and what the text of the Bible may represent and allude to, as a telling of the same story repeatedly, events current being addressed again and again, for a certain goal to be attained, using a dialect of old and bringing it forward into a dialect, and historical purpose, of now.....

Having said that, for sure, he was a very important figure, and again, spoke of certain things (such as, computer chips and biblical knowledge) and the tower of Babel and what it meant to all of us, here and now, despite his life and/or departure of it.....

Our lives have become clues, no more and no less, for what we are living currently, making life a "currency," to denude its value. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

The MLK speech? Where he told the truth about how blacks are viewed by white America, that the establishment views all Black men as thugs and such? Thats still exists to this day. Wheres the racism here. Furthermore his comments were directed at the establishment, which was/is primarily white, and at that, he wasn't confronting it as a colour issue. As previous folk said, that mentality was prevalent at that time in LA. I think you just got a little shook, reach a little further Stretch Armstrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sorry but NOBODY owes you or anyone a damn thing, especially not white people in general.
There is no free pass to exploit INNOCENT whites for pitiful treatment of blacks or natives in the past.
If you want reparations, get it straight from the source, not through the gov't because that punishes innocents for the abuse of a few.
It's happening again in america, whites are being enslaved and racists cheer for it, not speak out against it.
Keep that wheel turning! The demon applauds!

ETA: I just find this whole issue repulsive, I'm not downplaying the severity of the issues at hand. I think people are failing to lift the veil. It's about blood, not skin color.
Down with exploitation!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Kapablanka and Leuan:

This is exactly the created division for all to see, the exchange between the two of you and the division it both creates and illustrates.....
Revised history, Tupac, a response to his life and words, and what will follow, as a result....
The tower of Babel, supposedly created to divide through language, the babbling, and then used to conquer....so all would fall after the tower.....
What rap represents, though I appreciate and love it, is the babble, and the babel....and what is going on here and the response to it, illustrates that quite well.
We must learn to think and be, somehow, beyond all this, while loving and appreciating the art that results in between....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Lol, thanks for making me smile, you guys are cute.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
reply to post by tetra50

Lol, thanks for making me smile, you guys are cute.

LOL....it wasn't the guys....it was the real me, but glad you enjoyed it, nevertheless.....
Ignorance, funny how all of you scramble to deny it, while reinforcing it totally....those guys are your enemy, but you are all too busy sharing in their wealth and trying to survive what they are to see it....so sad, really and absolutely nothing cute about it.

While they were doing their experiments, they were using my vein, and I said, why for use a vein....and the innocence has been lost, and you who deny what is not ignorant denude the life of what you claim to revere, all to protect who you loved and would sacrifice for, and THIS has been the undoing of anything original, of identity, of what was sacred about all of us, individually, that you participated in the selling of to protect what you cared for.....
edit on 22-2-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think this thread calls for some words from the man.....these are just a few of the many great thoughts this man left us.

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the F on.”

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.”

“I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.”

“There's gon' be some stuff you gon' see
that's gon' make it hard to smile in the future.
But through whatever you see,
through all the rain and the pain,
you gotta keep your sense of humor.
You gotta be able to smile through all this BS.
Remember that.”

“Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong, it learned to walk without having feet. Funny, it seems to by keeping it's dreams; it learned to breathe fresh air. Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else even cared.”

Be that rose....it is the virtue of the common man that he spoke of. Great mind.....
“The seed must grow regardless
Of the fact that it’s planted in stone”

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
I think this thread calls for some words from the man.....these are just a few of the many great thoughts this man left us.

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the F on.”

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.”

“I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.”

“There's gon' be some stuff you gon' see
that's gon' make it hard to smile in the future.
But through whatever you see,
through all the rain and the pain,
you gotta keep your sense of humor.
You gotta be able to smile through all this BS.
Remember that.”

“Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? Proving nature's laws wrong, it learned to walk without having feet. Funny, it seems to by keeping it's dreams; it learned to breathe fresh air. Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else even cared.”

Be that rose....it is the virtue of the common man that he spoke of. Great mind.....
“The seed must grow regardless
Of the fact that it’s planted in stone”

He said alot of things that inspire, he definately did. You may be right, the comments could have been from frustration, or they could be his true feelings on the matter.
I guess, it all boils down to what he is remembered for. People make mistakes, I just feel that it's terrible he stepped in the race trap, for a man that was clearly intelligent.
I hope he left the earth with a clear conscience.
He is easily the greatest rapper that ever lived

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

There is no free pass to exploit INNOCENT whites for pitiful treatment of blacks or natives in the past.

Tupac usually spoke about the current day racism at that time...

^ This is what you said to youtube. I don't see any hate towards white people in this video. He's speaking on racial stereotypes in society. Which was true, just look at how fast Trayvon was labeled a thug...if he was a white kid he wouldn't have been.

It's happening again in america, whites are being enslaved and racists cheer for it, not speak out against it.

lol? Whites are being enslaved in a 78% white country? Where almost everything is owned by white people? White people haev the most wealth on average...... Yeah, really being enslaved.

I'm sorry but you sound like a delusional racist yourself.

edit on 22-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think he was a very gifted poet/song writer and entertainer but hero he was not. He was a thug and lead many youth down a path of self destruction.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

He was also a gemini like JFK.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join