It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company Behind Shooting Targets of Children Received $2 Million From DHS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
SOURCE

I knew there had to be some connection to DHS from reading other threads about these targets.

The company reacted to the furor by asserting the products helped override “hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition,” and to “break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc.”

That sounds like a load of BS, and retired Houston PD officer agrees:

Retired City of Houston police officer T.F. Stern reacted to the issue by remarking, “There’s something wrong, seriously wrong here. If we start to desensitize law enforcement officers, have them disregard humanity, to feel nothing’s wrong in shooting a pregnant lady or an old man with a shotgun inside his own home…then what kind of society have we become? How will police officers react after they no longer believe they are part of the society which they have been charged with policing, when they have become used to shooting pregnant ladies and old men?”

Of course, there will be the NWO shills who will come in here and support the desensitization to shooting pregnant women and invalids "because they are armed". How many LE in here have actually been threatened by a pregnant woman where you felt you had to fire your weapon at her?

edit on 20-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Star and Flag.

the desensitization to shooting pregnant women and invalids

You forgot children.
And desensitization is exactly what it is all about.

But children???

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So if some old bloke or a pregnant woman went into a mall with enough hardware to match the local sheriffs dept and started popping people off left/right and center they shouldn't be taken down with the same level of force as some 18 year old moms basement dweller? now having to kill a innocent baby is going to be hard on the officer but to possibly save many lives it may be required to do the nastiest job

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

See what I mean?

How about you cite some examples of that having occurred?

I know what you're going to say next: "But it COULD happen."

Someone could also teach a monkey to shoot and set them loose in a mall. It could happen. Maybe they should make armed monkey targets also?

edit on 20-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Did someone say armed monkey??

yep, better start making targets for them, you just never know when you might encounter an armed monkey and you want to be prepared just in case.

No amount of rationalization or justification is going to change the real purpose of these targets.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's not the issue. The issue is let's say, for arguments sake, you. Let's say you have guns and you're 8.5 months pregnant. You catch a burglar trying to break into your house. He escapes. You nervously grab your shot gun as you call the cops. Being nervous you don't think of the gun in your hand as you answers the door when the cops get there. As we have often heard, one nervous nelly of a cop sees the gun but being desensitized he doesn't think twice and opens fire. OK, this is a bit far fetched but none the less, this is what those targets are for.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Do they have targets that feature an armed law enforcement officer?

Hmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Do they have targets that feature an armed law enforcement officer?

Hmmmmm.

great point!

where are the targets featuring armed LEO`s and armed soldiers?
You never know when a LEO or a soldier might go nuts and start killing people.It might not happen often but it DOES happen so shouldn`t they be prepared for that by having targets for them?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I was thinking in the the other sort of scenario's not that sort of thing but i'd expect the cops to of announced themselves and normally if theres a dozen squad cars flashing lights/sirens i'd expect the lady to be at least slightly relieved enough to at least not point the weapon at the cop while opening the door as generally those pictures i've seen of the targets are of people pointing weapons directly forward

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree with Max here.

If someone goes to the door with a gun when they know the police are coming then they are not properly trained to be using a gun and shouldn't have had one. Remember that's the issue we face here with guns...it's not the guns it's the people using them.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not IF...WHEN

Specific examples is what was asked for

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Note that the majority of these targets picture people at home or at play.

What this tells me is, they're desensitizing officers to shoot people in their own homes. They're not showing them in criminal situations, or in public places where crimes may be committed en masse (theaters, malls, etc).

You can try and rationalize any way you like. The bottom line is, the targets are in places in which the target may feel obligated to fight back against an unwarranted intrusion. The targets show themselves as threats in their own freaking domiciles.

They must be planning a heck of a lot of warrantless, no-knock, SWAT-type searches and seizures against gun-owning Americans. They know people are going to fight back...in their living rooms, bathrooms, baby's rooms, etc. They are teaching the officers to shoot and kill people who dare to fight the intrusion.

We are no longer safe in our own homes anymore. LEOs will bust in and are trained to shoot to kill, ask questions later.

I don't give a rat's ass what reasons people come up with ("oh, a pregnant woman or a 6 year old child might kill a police officer"), there is no justifying this!!

CX

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

You never know when a LEO or a soldier might go nuts and start killing people.It might not happen often but it DOES happen so shouldn`t they be prepared for that by having targets for them?

What was the main story this month.....give you a clue.....huge manhunt and execution by torching medieval style.

CX.
edit on 20/2/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Any active shooter is a legitimate target. But these targets are showing a pregnant woman in her (a) home. A lady in a bathrobe in her home, an older man with a shotgun in his home. Getting the picture? A CHILD of about 5 or 6, visibly upset - and the no-hesitation response is deadly force???

Any person not scared by this isn't paying attention. Or, rather than scared, taking a heightened interested in what our government and LEOs are doing and training for.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Did someone say armed monkey??

yep, better start making targets for them, you just never know when you might encounter an armed monkey and you want to be prepared just in case.

No amount of rationalization or justification is going to change the real purpose of these targets.

The monkey threat. It is real . Better get those paper targets ready. The fun starts at 18 seconds.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-2-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think it is quite clear why the gov is moving to this tactic . . . And of all the "bat-5**t crazy" tin hat stories on this site, this will actually work. There are many psychological experiments that go over the premise behind the DHS/LEO request for these targets and why it is so effective. The gov is turning LE against the populace and I just hit my "I'll just keep my mouth shut/head in the sand until things get rough" breaking point, in reading their justification for this. (meaning it's time to take the fight to them!)

The military has been employing this tactic since the Indian Wars. Here is some of that handy work in action:

Feel free to read where the gov is taking this . . (and at this point I'm putting Local LEOs in with the feds . . . they had their chance to wake up and recent events prove they are not on the American people's side).

Stanford Prison Experiment

There is a reason why education in civilized countries is plummetting . . . why the military prefers enlistees to come straight from HS . . . why LE Agencies require very little in the form of education requirements and will wave those in lieu of military service.

edit on 2/20/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/20/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

anybody that is stupid enough to desensitized by a card board cutout and can be brainwashed so easily shouldn't be given a gun. we should start looking at the real problem.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

anybody that is stupid enough to desensitized by a card board cutout and can be brainwashed so easily shouldn't be given a gun. we should start looking at the real problem.

Yet those people carry guns and badges all over the country.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

thats what im talking about when i say the "real problem"

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Seriously, I am appalled at these targets. How often do these incidents happen that you need to actively prepare your law enforcement to prepare for them? How anyone can see this as anything but desensitivity training is beyond me.

How about we NOT make all our LEO's desensitized to killing pregnant women, children, and elderly people and deal with the situations where we may actually have to put one of them down on a case by case basis? Is that not an acceptable course of action anymore?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join