It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I came across some additional information regarding the Cecil hotel. It would seem this hotel has a history of playing host to a variety violent and bizarre events. Not just your typical murder or suicide one would expect from a run down hotel, but truly perplexing incidents. The lady ghosts of the Cecil hotel was a good read.

It brings a new dimension to this sad and tragic event. A historic break down of the deaths of five women and one unfortunate fellow. Not to mention, it served as a safe haven for serial killers with the likes of Richard Ramirez.

October 22, 1954 -Helen Gurnee stepped from her seventh floor window and crashed to her death atop the hotel's marquee.
February 11, 1962 - Julia Moore climbed out of her eighth floor room window and landed in a second story interior light well.
October 12, 1962 - Pauline Otton jumped from the 9th floor window and landed on George Gianinni and killed him instantly. His hands were still in his pocket.
June 4, 1964 - "Pigeon Goldie" Osgood found murdered

Now we have a 21 year old woman who is found mysteriously wedged in a water tank for 16 days. And guests are drinking it! You couldn't make this stuff up.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blend57
Here is a website that has a friend describe her as kind, caring, and level headed. Doesn't sound like a person who be using anything..

Even a level headed girl can get slipped something into her drink at a nightclub/bar/what have you. Not saying that's what happened here....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
From the video, she's acting like she's on drugs. '___'?

How would she get up to the water tower though? Mistake it for the hotel swimming pool while under the influence?

Grossest story in a long time, that her body was stopping water flow. Stupid was when they said she wasn't a biohazard; well sure, if you're typically used to bathing in the Ganges.

What a mess. Drugs are bad okay? There had to have been someone who helped her get there though.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Originally posted by blend57
Here is a website that has a friend describe her as kind, caring, and level headed. Doesn't sound like a person who be using anything..

Even a level headed girl can get slipped something into her drink at a nightclub/bar/what have you. Not saying that's what happened here....

Thats what I was trying to say, that she probably didn't take them herself, but it looked as though she was on something.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
reply to post by Vasa Croe

apparently its not drug, let me explain my idea

one moment, she do hand gesture,apparently to someone out of the camera field of vision,maybe the person knew the camera inside the elevator, and for an unknow reason, she panicked.

Look closely, at 2:27 you can see someone heel, its not her, and you can see a hand, not her.

at 0:49 she hop out of the elevator like she want to play a prank to someone
edit on 20-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

You've never seen someone trip before have you? They see invisible people, and normal people look funny to them under the influence. She looks scared, she probably saw a scary hallucination. No sober person pushes buttons like that. The way her arms are swooping around her head means she's playing with invisible energy. I've seen this in people who are in crisis centers, after they have taken drugs.

There is an alternative explanation, to escape the drug accusation, that she had a rare neurological disease, a type of encephalitis. Or that she was going through some serious schizophrenia.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
As a former user. I'd say this girl is on drugs. I'd say she's on tweak maybe salts.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Weird story. From reading 2 separate articles, it seems that she may have gotten access to the roof from a fire escape, since the normal roof access is locked with an alarm. I'm thinking she went to go see a concert or something, and ended up either too drunk or drugged. I've been in many elevators, and usually after the doors open, there's about a 15 second delay before the doors close unless you press the OPEN DOOR button, or activate the fire alarm. The video is very strange. If indeed this young woman was murdered, or coerced to get into the tank by someone, I really hope the culprit gets arrested.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

...Tourists staying at a Los Angeles hotel bathed, brushed teeth and drank with water from a tank in which a young woman's body was likely decomposing for more than two weeks...

...After some hotel residents and guests expressed disgust and concern about having bathed in and consumed water possibly contaminated by the corpse...

..."The water did have a funny taste," Sabrina Baugh told CNN on Wednesday. She and her husband used the water for eight days....

..."When you turned the tap on, the water was coming black first for two seconds...

How's that for creepy? This whole thing could be made into a decent horror movie

edit on 21-2-2013 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Before her discovery, somebody on the Internet used tarot cards to predict that she was already dead, and that her body was 'next to water'.
Another person claimed that she was 'inside the hotel' and 'inside a container'.

Somebody with a tin-foil hat also apparently found a 'baby face' after altering the colours of one frame:

By the way, why wouldn't they release the CCTV in the corridor/lift lobby? That would really help.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
ok look in the second circle (the red one )

man shoe

Ok,Listen now.

i dont believe she was drugged, i dont believe it was an accident.

A theory: maybe she met someone on the internet, then she decided to meet the person, IRL, so, when they met, it turned really bad.

I mean, she went from vancouver to LA,her parents were not aware about her stop in LA.

Why suddenly stop in LA, in the Cecil Hotel ?

the way she act in the elevator, is weird, i do agree, but she look like she want to jump scare someone,she was trying to play a prank to someone she apparently KNEW , then..it turned bad

No, its not drugs, no, its not an accident !!!

The video was EDITED, only the staff own the keys to the roof, and apparently the person who killed her apparently avoided being in the field of vision of the elevator cam.

its either an hotel resident, or an hotel employee who killed her.

look the way she act, do hands gestures,hop out of the elevator, it make sense.
she was trying to play a prank to someone,someone she knew,and the person whas out of sight of the camera, on purpose.
edit on 21-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Here is a thought, the reason she could get to the roof was because the door was left unlocked from a maintenance person or someone who had access to the roof.

Now I am not saying this was on purpose, because sometimes people do forget to lock things or at least check to make sure it was locked after coming back in from out there.

Or..

She may have used the fire escape to get to the roof as that cannot be put out of the realm of possibilities.

Looking at their site it looks as though the hotel as done some upgrading from what it was in the past...

www.thececilhotel.com...

Not that shady people don't stay at nice hotels,but the looks of this one makes one believe that they are trying to hold themselves to a fairly higher standard than they used to.

No matter what the findings show this was a very tragic incident that took the life of a young women...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

I watched the clip again looking for that image. The circled area is just her skirt, not a foot.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wonder why the elevator door didnt close after pushing the buttons?

It remained open the entire time.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

That circled thing on the right photo is definitely her own foot. If you look, the coloration of the pixels matches the other foot (iow, same shoes) and it clearly is connected to her leg. That tells me that she was so out of it that she couldn't even walk right as that's an extreme divergence (but not impossible) from the normal position. I believe at that moment she was turning around to walk back into the elevator, making kind of the sloppy 'whatever, I dunno!" gestures with her hands. Really think she was wasted seeing that foot position (whether voluntary or involuntary is up to the detectives to figure out).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am not very convinced that this poor girl killed herself on accident or on purpose. Drugs or no drugs.

The roof of the building was plenty tall enough to jump from if you wanted to kill yourself.

crawling into one of these tanks would seem quite a hassle when there is a perfectly good ledge right in front of you.

Why choose the middle of a trip to all of a sudden kill yourself?

Something tastes bad, and its not just the tap water.

yes, I know that was a little inappropriate, but i couldn't help myself.
I do hope they find out what happened to her. Seems like a waste of a perfectly good human.

edit on 2/21/13 by 404ed because: I spell at 3rd grade level, lol

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My observation:

Oriental girls from Canada are the least likely to be on psychotropic drugs. her clothing indicates this.

When you push a elevator button, the door will close within a few seconds. It dont, but why?

IF someone was outside holding the buttons, when she looks out left/right, she would of seen them?

I think she was trying to get the elevator moving, and fast.

You don't look left/right and then hide in a corner unless you are afraid of something.

Flea Bag hotel full of low lifes and dopers? not hard to imagine what happened to this pretty little naive oriental girl from Canada.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

Also, Police said she needed a ladder to get into the tank. It's either the one in your lower picture or in another one. There doesn't seem to be any fire escapes leading up there either so she had to have come through the locked and alarmed door.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Looking at her foot again as you pointed out, it does look to be in an odd position. However, in case you're interested, @ 1:30 take another look at the video. She's just pivoting off the hall floor as she steps back into the elevator.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

This video has definitely unequivocally beyond a shadow of a doubt, been messed with! Watch the elevator door at 2:57 close. Don't take your eyes off it. See the cut? Now I wouldn't care so much if a few seconds were chopped just to make it shorter, but why would this clip be edited like that? What's the point of editing just before the door closes?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

I agree that suicide is not likely, but this building isn't really that tall for her to jump off to commit suicide. It has only 13 storeys, which means if she jumps off, she will probably get heavily injured, but not die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join