Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

www.cbc.ca

The body found in a water tank atop a Los Angeles hotel has been identified as that of a missing 21-year-old Vancouver woman, local police say.

Los Angeles Police Department Officer Diana Figueroa confirmed to CBC News late Tuesday that Elisa Lam was found in the Cecil Hotel's rooftop water tank around 10 a.m. local time. Police said body markings led to the identification.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is a bizarre story. Just last week I first learned about this girl who was missing for 6 days while visiting L.A. The hotel released images from their security camera showing Elisa's last moments at the hotel she was staying. She was acting rather strangely peering from the elevator apparently speaking to someone who wasn't there. Pushing all the elevator buttons and then she just vanished. Until now.

How in the world she ended up in the water tank is beyond me. Was she having a mental break down? Running and hiding from shadows? Did she climb into the water tank herself? How did she get on the roof? These doors are always locked. Foul play?? This is just a really really bizarre story.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

strange, i was readin it too

apparently she ended in the' water tank

if you look the video, some frames are missing

apparently the video is edited

the hotel is apparently full of thugs and weird customers

usualy people avoid it
edit on 20-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

Frames are missing? Edited for brevity perhaps?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Legaly LAPD dont have the right to release the video...on youtube

i think someone from the hotel staff edited the video to hide something

she was found dead, apparently drowned in the hotel water tank

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
From her actions I would think she was on some type of drug, possibly hallucinogen. I am sure they will do a tox screen on her.
edit on 2/20/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

But the water tank? People drink that. Someone dragged this girl up there and threw her in the water tank. That's messed up

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
At 2:27 you can clearly see someone hand

but if you watch carefuly it seem, before you see the person hand, she is acting like "ok, you want me to press all the buttons ?"

seriously, something is seriously disturbing here

also, if you watch carefuly, the elevator doors are NOT closing when she is inside, meaning there is someone outside pressing the button, keeping the doors open

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

apparently its not drug, let me explain my idea

one moment, she do hand gesture,apparently to someone out of the camera field of vision,maybe the person knew the camera inside the elevator, and for an unknow reason, she panicked.

Look closely, at 2:27 you can see someone heel, its not her, and you can see a hand, not her.

at 0:49 she hop out of the elevator like she want to play a prank to someone

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

ya, I noticed the doors aren't closing. I'm going to watch again to see the "hand"

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp

but if you watch carefuly it seem, before you see the person hand, she is acting like "ok, you want me to press all the buttons ?"

also, if you watch carefuly, the elevator doors are NOT closing when she is inside, meaning there is someone outside pressing the button, keeping the doors open

Thats exactly what I thought.. someone pressing the button to keep the doors open.

BTW, a body in the water tower atop an apartment building was a horror movie plot. It was called Dark Water. When read the article, it came to mind. Oh, ETA.. an elevator plays a large role in the movie.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
she look like she is trying to play a prank to someone, but the person is not coming, then she hide in a corner, still trying to play a prank;then, she do a little hop to check outside

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I don't see anyone's hand or heel or anything except for hers. And 2:27 is WAY past when she presses all the buttons.

The doors only stayed open for the normal amount of time an elevator door stays open when the >|< button is not pressed.

Not sure what you are seeing but if you can freeze the frame and take a screen shot and circle it that would help...I see no evidence of any other people in the video.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

my apologies, my poor eyesight played a trick on me, but still, it look like someone is outside the elevator

I think the elevator staying open that long is kinda unusual, but its my opinion

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
very weird indeed

that hand scared me when i went back to watch it, very creepy

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Reading about dark water in wiki...

Dahlia breaks down when she can't find her daughter and has strange dreams. These lead her to the roof and up the ladder of the water tank

Daughter's name in the movie is Cecilia. Hotel name is Cecil. I'm reaching I know... but there is also this

Cecilia has started school, but according to her new teacher (Camryn Manheim), she isn't fitting in and is spending too much time with an imaginary friend, named Natasha

Imaginary friend??
edit on 20-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

my apologies, my poor eyesight played a trick on me, but still, it look like someone is outside the elevator

I don't understand. I see nothing that looks like anyone is outside the elevator. I see a lady having either a hallucination or some sort of paranoid schizophrenic episode. It is a seedy area she was in. My guess is she is either on drugs or had some kind of mental issue that suddenly cropped up.

Like I said...I am sure there will be a tox screen and coroner's report. My bet is on one of the two things I mentioned above.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy420
very weird indeed

that hand scared me when i went back to watch it, very creepy

What hand? What are you talking about? Please take a screen shot and circle it for me. I fail to see ANY other people evident in this video.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

left side, when she is moving out.

No seriously, i dont think she is on drugs.

Seriously,very seriously, her hands gesture look like she is trying to act cute to someone, out of sight of the camera.

if you look, she do a heart shaped gesture , and the doors are open for a long moment, its seem really off

and she looked like she wanted to jump scare someone.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

hand gestures toward her imaginary friend ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join