It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.yelp.com...

read this, the cecil hotel is located in a dangerous area

link   
My idea is that there is someone there... some person that she is not only talking to but that person holding the floor button so the doors stay open. The person is just off camera. She was found in the water tank on the roof naked.. drowned. The door and tank were locked. Id be looking at every employee that had access as the killer. The person knows there is a camera in the elevator.. and she is acquainted with the person. He does know that the stair well doesnt have cameras.
He would prevent her from leaving through the elevator in a non threatening playful way.. and lure her to the stairs to go to the roof.

How do I know the stairwell doesnt have a camera? because THIS is the last film of her and she didnt teleport to the roof.. she took the stairs.

link   
reply to post by baburak

Well this would be the million dollar question

LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez said anyone could have opened the tanks, but access to "the roof is secured with an alarm, and a lock, and a key to the door access."

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Los Angeles, CA
1.0 star rating
2/20/2013

usnews.nbcnews.co...

Hopefully they get to the bottom of the murder of the 21 yr old Canadian girl very soon.

Bonus from NBC:

Take a deteriorating building, a skid row neighborhood, proximity to a clinic for sex offenders, and serial killers as long-term guests, and you come close to describing the magic of the Cecil Hotel in the 1980s. The hotel is now a boutique establishment that plays on its access to the nearby Staples Center, but in its glory years it hosted a ghoulish assortment of losers and killers, including "Night Stalker" Richard Ramirez and Austrian journalist-cum-murderer Jack Unterweger. Ramirez, who was found guilty of 14 murders in the 1980s, stayed on the 14th floor for several months in 1985, paying (creepy coincidence alert) $14 a night.
And Unterweger, a writer and prostitute-killer released by Austrian authorities for good behavior and then sent to America on a high-profile journalistic junket, also used the hotel as a base to pick up at least three prostitutes who were later found murdered. The two may have been feeling the vibes from Pauline Otten, who jumped out a window in 1962 and killed a pedestrian, as well as herself, in her fall; or from the still unsolved murder of Goldie Osgood, the "pigeon lady" of Pershing Square, who was found strangled in her Cecil room in 1964. But you have to give the new management some respect: At least they haven't named a drink after Ramirez or done up Unterweger's room in period decor.

From www.yelp.com...
from pantlessalley.blogspot.fr...
elisa lam found naked in the water tank :www.examiner.com...
edit on 20-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

PS: asked a friend of mine who is a fireman,if the doors can be remotely opened, he told me its possible,if the elevator is equiped with a camera, there is 85% of chance of the elevator being equiped with a remote access mechanism, usable in case of emergency

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

oh wow!

Take a deteriorating building, a skid row neighborhood, proximity to a clinic for sex offenders, and serial killers as long-term guests, and you come close to describing the magic of the Cecil Hotel in the 1980s. The hotel is now a boutique establishment that plays on its access to the nearby Staples Center, but in its glory years it hosted a ghoulish assortment of losers and killers, including "Night Stalker" Richard Ramirez and Austrian journalist-cum-murderer Jack Unterweger. Ramirez, who was found guilty of 14 murders in the 1980s, stayed on the 14th floor for several months in 1985, paying (creepy coincidence alert) $14 a night. And Unterweger, a writer and prostitute-killer released by Austrian authorities for good behavior and then sent to America on a high-profile journalistic junket, also used the hotel as a base to pick up at least three prostitutes who were later found murdered. The two may have been feeling the vibes from Pauline Otten, who jumped out a window in 1962 and killed a pedestrian, as well as herself, in her fall; or from the still unsolved murder of Goldie Osgood, the "pigeon lady" of Pershing Square, who was found strangled in her Cecil room in 1964. But you have to give the new management some respect: At least they haven't named a drink after Ramirez or done up Unterweger's room in period decor.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Ok...getting tired of the mis-information being reported here.

no need to be rude, calm down and read the link i posted.
being rude is not the best solution here

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The naked body of missing Canadian tourist, Elisa Lam, 21, was found inside a water tank atop a downtown Los Angeles hotel Tuesday.Police and firefighters were summoned to the Cecil hotel at 640 South Main Street shortly after 10.

home.topnewstoday.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Was that the reserve drinking and showering water supply?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

uh huh ...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A horrible ending. RIP Elisha.

I've searched the CBC site for the news clip showing her hiding in the corner of the elevator and then a foot comes into view with a hand clearly on the left doorframe while she is still in the right hand corner. That clip as either been altered or removed, but I definitely saw it and she was definitely talking to that person.

Elisha Lam seemed frightened in the video I saw and I wondered if when pressing all those buttons she was trying to get the elevator door to close?

Another elevator question is whether there was a stop button and whether she might have pressed it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the Cecil hotel staff told the police, there is no cameras on the roof

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

too bad that video isnt there anymore

the video in this thread does seem to be edited

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ok so far, she managed to unlock the roof door,without triggering the alarm, while being drunk/drugged, then decided to strip naked, then dive into the water tank?

Sorry but im not buying the "she was mentaly ill/psychotic/schizoid" theory

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

The naked body of missing Canadian tourist, Elisa Lam, 21, was found inside a water tank atop a downtown Los Angeles hotel Tuesday.Police and firefighters were summoned to the Cecil hotel at 640 South Main Street shortly after 10.

home.topnewstoday.org...

Where are the clothes that she discarded?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

Don''t ask me. I'm just an ATS armchair researcher. My point was to show that there are indeed articles claiming she was nude.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
very odd video

you'd think if there was someone there preventing the doors from closing, that we would see at least a shadow

she also takes some weird steps when she gets out, almost as if doing a routine or something

very strange, wonder what will come of it, but i would be looking into those employees for sure

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Don''t ask me. I'm just an ATS armchair researcher. My point was to show that there are indeed articles claiming she was nude.
I wasn't asking you in particular. Your quote just brought that question to mind.
I don't know either.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

lol.

Ok everyone now get this...

Dad’s stay at the haunted hotel

In more modern times, the Cecil became home to serial killers, such as the ‘Night Stalker’ Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger. Now the hotel is trying to reinvent itself by promoting its central location and affordable rates. You really should check out the reviews and photos online. Talk about bait-and-switch. The lobby is absolutely grand, pristine with gorgeous architectural details. But once you leave the lobby, things get grim (and grimy) in a hurry.

He claims he went to sleep that night in his room, only to awaken to the feeling that he was being choked. He was bathed in a cold sweat and couldn’t move or call for help. He literally thought he was going to die in that room. Finally, the feeling left him. He bolted out of the room and went downstairs to the hotel clerk on overnight duty. After he gasped for breath, he told the clerk what had happened. The clerk said that in fact someone had been murdered in that room. I believe Dad was able to get his room changed, as he made it clear he would never sleep another moment in that room.

I wonder what room or floor that was on? Elisa appeared to be on the top floor.

There's more...

Haunted hotel??

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sad ending. Cocaine intoxication can cause the body to over heat rapidly. Plenty of case's to where folks way to high on coke getting extremly hot and doing all they can to cool down. Even to the point of taking off all your clothes in a public setting. This motel isnt exactly the Ritz. The probability that the lock to the roof was broke or in fact never locked is probally pretty high. Just a thought.

She could have been trying to hide from someone and climbed into the tank as there was no where else to go. She could have not been able to swim. Another thought. Bad neighborhood, bad people, bad things happen. Why was she at this motel to start with? Alone. Imagine the folks staying in that motel that took a shower or brushed their teeth with the water from that tank. Aint enough soap in the world to wash that funk off.
edit on 20-2-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: Lack of spelling ability.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

More information is making it to the web.

The probability that the lock to the roof was broke or in fact never locked is probally pretty high. Just a thought.

This is what I heard a police officer say recently on tonight's news.

To get to the tanks, someone would have to go to the top floor then take a staircase with a locked door and emergency alarm preventing roof access.

This is what makes this entire story even more weird. How did she get out on to the roof?

She could have been trying to hide from someone and climbed into the tank as there was no where else to go.

The article goes on to say...

Another ladder would have to be taken to the platform and a person would have to climb the side of the tank.

More and more it just seems so improbable and if this were a thread without sources, it would already be in the hoax bin.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join