It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

he's in a different social group... HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've had a crush on this guy who goes to my school for almost a year now. I've always thought he was goodlooking but didn't think much of him.
Then I started talking to him online and I just felt such a strong connection. We would stay up late everynight talking about spirituality, politics, music, love and other things. We had so much in common and so much to talk about. I would barely ever see him in school and just from small talk in class there was so much chemistry.

The problem is he only associates with one group of people at school. A bunch of rich kids, and really stupid shallow girls who have nothing in common with eachother so they have to start rummers and gossip about other people including me. There is never a chance to talk to him in person. He's always surrounded by his friends. He's so unnapproachable. He asked me to hang out with him one time but i was busy that day and he never asked again and we stopped talking online. Even if he did ask me to hang out with him and his friends I would feel so uncomfortable with those shallow people. I don't even know what he's doing hanging out with them. He is so intelligent and doesn't show it at all.

I really like this guy a lot. I am so attracted to him and I feel like I've never had so much in common with any other person even though I never even see him. I'm worried that this is unreal and I'm just in love with the image of him that I have built up inside my head. I don't know what to do. I really wan't to ask him out but I'm too nervous. He's just so unnaproachable and seems so uninterested. What should I do?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Break the social barrier, forget about it. I am one of the few who can fit in with any social group, well except punks and goths, becuase I don't see it as a social barrier. i get along with the rich,poor,stupid,intellectual,liberal, conservative or whatever.

Just see it as he is with a group of nobodies and that you are his queen. If he love/likes you the way you do about him then he'd be like "Screw them" and be with you.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
thanks jedi master. that was encouraging.. i still don't know how to tell him how I feel when he's always surrounded by those people. it's really intimidating for me.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Can you get him on the phone or on line somehow? Some people are differnt in private away from their friends, so he may be more open to you in private than with is friends.

Your welcome, glad that I could help.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You really need to watch the movie 'Pretty in Pink' it is a classic 80's movie but it is about your EXACT situation.
My advice.. reconnect online again. flirt with him more that way and then see if he wants to meet up for a nite alone away from friends somewhere.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Try to be more aggresive and repeat in your head not to be nervous around his friends, there just background scenery.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by michele
He's just so unnaproachable and seems so uninterested. What should I do?

That's part of the reason why you feel so strongly about him... You can't quite get at him... I've felt that way many times, and had to give my head a shake because I knew what I was doing to myself...

Don't let it get at ya, if it was meant to be, things will work out. If he hasn't asked you agian maybe he feels you blew him off... Guys in high school get their pride hurt easily when you blow em off, even if it was for good reason.
Slip him a note or tell him that you still want to hang out with him, you were just busy that day, see what he says.

If he's 'still' interested, cool, if not, just let it go...

There are many many guys out there would love a girl like you...

Don't get hung up on just one guy that you never see except for online...

I met my husband online 3 years ago, bad mistake because he's always on the computer and I rarely get time with him...

Choose someone from the real world...

[edit on 12-2-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by michele
thanks jedi master. that was encouraging.. i still don't know how to tell him how I feel when he's always surrounded by those people. it's really intimidating for me.

move him out of his environment into yours eg arange a party or somthing with your mates and invite him round

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Social cliques tend to break down once you leave school and everyone takes their own direction out there in the real world, so these barriers are pretty irrelevant, and wont be there forever.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Paul]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
You really need to watch the movie 'Pretty in Pink'

Awesome movie! If he talks to you online very often then there must be some kind of connection there. Does he know that you like him for more than a friend? Maybe it's time you should tell him.

new topics

top topics

join