It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama supporter vote 6 times in 2012? Ohio poll worker target of investigation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The voter apple in this article appears to have landed pretty close to its tree, as ignorance & transparent con-artistry are virtuous? 2012 poll 'worker' Melowese Richardson subscribes to the more-is-better doctrine:

It seems that President Obama has an especially ardent supporter in the veteran Ohio poll worker.

"Yes, I voted twice," Richardson told WCPO-TV. "I, after registering thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls."

"I'll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama's right to sit as president of the United States…"

...legalities are semantic as long as your heart is in the right place.

Richardson claimed she had submitted an absentee ballot, but was afraid her vote would not count so she also voted in person. She also said she voted in the name of her granddaughter and yet another person.

"There was absolutely no intent on my part to commit any voter fraud," she insisted.

Richardson's granddaughter, India Richardson, confirmed to Fox News that her grandmother voted for her, by submitting an absentee ballot in her name. India told Fox News that she is not angry, and gave her permission to cast her absentee ballot.

"It wasn't a big deal," she said.

...2-birds, 1-stone; grandmother was already there.

"It appears she not only attempted to vote more than once, but was actually successful at it and having those additional votes counted," Ohio Secretary of State John Husted, who is in charge of the state's elections

"Fraud does happen," noted Husted. "Most attempts are caught by the system. But there are cases that do slip through, as this one does, and we need to make sure that we really send a strong message, that if you do this, you are going to be held accountable. It might mean fines, it might mean jail time."

...exactly, all the way to the top—just look what happened with Bush-Gore in 2000.

Granted this is from the FoxNews site & its not lost on me that I'm favoring yellow journalism & zealot rhetoric over Thought Police censorship; regardless, I hope that the absurdity of this situation elicits more chuckles than discontent. There's also a few others mentioned & ~2-min. video on the same page.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Who's to say there wasn't fraud on Romney's side?
I don't particularly believe the story in the OP anyway.
Admitting to fraud isn't that realistic.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Thanks for sharing.

Btw, I tried to circumvent any partisan propensity for deflection w/the reference to the 2000 election.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If anyone committed voting or registration fraud, they should be prosecuted. I'm sure she's not the first to have committed this crime. And it's good that they are investigating it.

She clearly does not know what voter fraud is, as she admits to it, yet says she had no intention of doing it...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Voter fraud was rife in Ohio. They want you to believe that something like tens of precincts in Ohio had 0 (ZERO) individual Romney votes. I think Romney is a POS and am not advocating for him. But the odds of ANY county having ZERO votes for one of the two puppet candidates is exceedingly low, let alone multiple counties having zero votes.

edit on 2/19/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: Correcting information

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

She is too stupid to realize that she is guilty of fraud. All she cares about is her free phone

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
They want you to believe that something like 1/3 or 1/2 of all counties in Ohio had 0 (ZERO) individual Romney votes.

Do you have a link for this? Because I think you misunderstand the Ohio outcome... He actually won the large majority of counties.

Romney won 72 of Ohio's 88 counties, including two that no Republican had won since 1972.
Most big cities are heavily Democratic to begin with, and geographic patterns of racial segregation may yield an even more one-sided electoral result in certain areas than in the city as a whole."

All the Cuyahoga County precincts in which Romney was shut out are in neighborhoods with heavily African-American or Latino populations.

Source

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sorry, the claim is towards precincts, not counties.

Heres what I found in a search for it: www.politifact.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

That's exactly the source I posted.

And it's not remarkable at all that some precincts had all Obama votes. They are entirely in and around the cities, where most people voted for Obama. There were many precincts in the South where Obama got zero votes...

Precincts Where Obama got Zero Votes

Ascension Parish, LA 0060 [Romney 3, Obama 0]
Assumption Parish, LA 05 05 [Romney 19, Obama 0]
Beauregard Parish, LA 0018 A [Romney 35, Obama 0]
Caldwell Parish, LA07 03A [Romney 13, Obama 0]
Catahoula Parish, LA 01 3 [Romney 4, Obama 0], 03 3 [Romney 4, Obama 0]
East Feliciana Parish, LA 00 07C [Romney 6, Obama 0]
Evangeline Parish, LA 03 3071 [Romney 11, Obama 0]
Franklin Parish, LA 00 18 [Romney 10, Obama 0]
Grant Parish, La 07 7 [Romney 17, Obama 0], 08 1 [Romney 19, Obama 0], 08 5 [Romney 13, Obama 0]
Jackson Parish, LA 00 24 [Romney 63, Obama 0]
La Salle Parish, LA 09 04 [Romney 12, Obama 0], 09 05 [Romney 40, Obama 0]

I'm asking you to reconsider your position about Ohio being rife with voter fraud.
I don't doubt that voter fraud happens (and the woman in the OP seems to be a clear case - we'll see), but there is no indication that it's "rife" anywhere.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If anyone committed voting or registration fraud, they should be prosecuted. I'm sure she's not the first to have committed this crime. And it's good that they are investigating it.

She clearly does not know what voter fraud is, as she admits to it, yet says she had no intention of doing it...

She was a Poll Worker for 25 years and you think she didn't know what voter fraud was? She certainly knew how to vote in a variety of ways for herself and on "behalf" of other registered voters. That takes EFFORT to accomplish. The naïve defense does not cut it.

"She appears to have used her position as a poll worker to cover her tracks. That would be someone who is an official in the elections process, using that position to commit a fraud.

Democrat Melowese Richardson has been an official poll worker for the last quarter century and registered thousands of people to vote last year. She candidly admitted to Cincinnati’s Channel 9 this week that she voted twice in the last election.

Wow! Stupid is as Stupid Does. Stupid! Dumb! Unethical! She already broke the ethics code and then was dumb enough to talk about it to a reporter!!

www.nationalreview.com...

She took her cue from Obama. Clearly!! The ends justify the means!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ultimately backlash will not be directed toward fixing the system but justifying the outcome as part of karma. Voting irregularities can occur and as the story provides, likely has for both parties but the real question is as follows. Do two wrongs make a right?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

She admitted to it on camera. I want to say "you're an idiot" but that isn't allowed......so I won't.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Zero Votes for Romney, 'Dozens of Black' Voters Prompt Cries of Voter Fraud

abcnews.go.com...

I read somewhere that one county had 92k registered voters and 110k voted for Obama. I don't believe the election results. It was rigged using computer voting machines and people voting up to 6 times or more.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
She also voted for 3 other people. Her brother ,who she says lives there,someone she says is "around sometimes", and another person for whom she claims to have power of attorney. Also after she mailed in her granddaughters absentee ballot,her granddaughter voted at the poll.This woman is a dirtbag. She needs to have her voting privileges removed. And she should most certainly not be allowed to work at the polls anymore. I would not be opposed to more severe punishment than what I mentioned. In the words of Family guy Spiderman "Everybody gets one".

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I voted for Obama...one of the rare WHITE MALE RURAL VOTERS who did so.
I would have voted illegally 10,000 more times just to keep Romney out of the Presidency. Yes, both sides are corrupt...but i still feel Obama is a good man in a completely corrupted system....Romney was just part of that system.

How you doing BH....been a long time....i have not posted in a very long time. Glad to see you are still fightin' the good fight.

edit on 27-8-2013 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join