It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
My personal bottom line? great thread...there once was liquid water on Mars...and where there is water there is life...I have no doubt there was once life on mars...BUT...this aint it. Those are rocks. And NASA needs money...believe me they wouldn't cover up big news...

Of course they'd cover it up if they were ordered to.

Where do you think NASA get their money from, garage sales?

Most of NASA employees never get to see any of what comes back from the feeds, so a huge % would never know what is being seen by the rovers and probes until it get's through Malin or JPL filters.

A comparative handful of people at NASA, JPL and Malin with promising careers and large salaries do.

And if the government tells you, in no uncertain terms how these things are to be handled, you do as you're told...unless you fancy a job cleaning toilets at McD's of course.

The 'NASA would shout it from the rooftops if they found evidence of life' routine is and always has been a very shortsighted view, often repeated, but wrong every time. They wouldn't if they were instructed not to.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Arken,

I normally do not reply much on your threads as I almost always fall in the 'rocks rocks rocks' category and never really have more to add to those comments. I always S&F them though as I find that you always take time and make great presented threads, even if most of the time I see them as cases of pareidolia.

But this time, you've outdone yourself !!! Your OP raises questions, making harder to fall in the rocks rocks rocks category... Awesome awesome work !!!

Can't say they are not rocks but I really can't say that they are either. I feel that those finds will leave the mainframes of ATS and hit other mainstream medias. Very well done !!

An S and an F and I wish I could applaude you...and more than once !!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

hey arken i agree with you those are skeleton remains

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well Arken, you have been asked 3 times now whether you manipulated the image, and coloured the "bones" in.

You have chosen to ignore the question 3 times. I can only think that you must be trying to obfuscate the situation, as there are some members that think your images are the originals.

I guess we will have to look at your other threads, and make our own minds up then.

For those interested, you can look at these threads for starters:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Curiously, in all those threads, Arken provides a before and after image, however, in this one he hasn't. Strange.
edit on 19-2-2013 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No jab just a question. Like if there are so many scattered "animal" bones (are we aloud to call them that?) then wouldn't we have no trouble seeing smaller life forms which should be far more predominant? For a lake bed I'd wager far far more predominant. Wouldn't it stand to reason to first ask the common geological questions of mars first? What type of weather CAN cause this type of erosion? Before screaming yabba dabba doo! sorry couldn't resist that one.

I'm not trying to poke fun at the theory. In fact a theory that Mars once harbored life in its past to me is highly probable. I am also inclined to believe it harbored intelligent life....perhaps us, who knows. If not us surely our handlers? Again who knows. That said, I just can't see NASA letting some blogger steal their thunder at such a great discovery!

Science 101: In the year 2013, February 20 blogger Arken posted photographic proof of ancient life on Mars. This couldn't have been done without the help of other fellow bloggers that lit a firestorm in the MSM. Because of the trustworthiness of the MSM the critters in Washington had no choice but to take heed.

What was once thought a joke by some in the blog-o-sphere became the news that rewrote humanity, as it was later learned it was us who originated there. After many, many failed attempts at a one world government they/we ultimately succumbed to hubris. We managed to take refuge on a newly unscathed planet with nothing but the best intentions but sadly upon re-entry to our new home the capsule lost power and we tumbled to the ground. Those that survived could barely remember their names so whatever promises they made quickly vanished from thought.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread yet. Has anybody posted links to the original pictures so we can see for ourselves?
High resos?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wait for the "almighty" Phage to show us his explanation on this one , but after 15 pages nothing...
But for the OP I must admit you catched my attention^^Those symmetricals "shapes" in the middle of the first photo of the "supposed" fossil looking really like vertebral disks on some animal's skeletons...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Paleontologists need on Gale Crater. Seem that the Rover Curiosity litterally "walk" among an huge "carpet of bones". These astounding images cropped by Sol 107, 108, 109 and 141, confirm my weird and worst thoughts. What lies on the bed of this ancient martian lake are nothing more than "fossilized bones" (spines and vertebrae) of some sort of carcasses of big creatures that, times ago, swam in that lake.
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Detail cropped.

Compare

Other carcass

Compare

Same Sol 107

Compare

And Vertebrae....... everywhere....

And other incredible anomalies....

And fossilized Shells....

Compare

Like NASA/JPL says, this is an Ancient Dry Martian Lake.... and for the "Occam Razor" there must be... FOSSILS!

These images were taken on NOVEMBER 2012 .
Do you remember the NASA/JPL Big Annoncement in November 2012? "Grotzinger gave an interview on NPR public radio on November 20 where he said: "This data is gonna be one for the history books. It's looking really good."

Seem that, FINALLY, NASA/JPL Curiosity Rovers has found evidences of past life in Gale Crater, so, we waiting the official announcement.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

As someone who works with spines on a daily basis, the first pics truly look like articulated bones, complete with spiny processes and facet joints. I can write off some of the other pics as wishful thinking, but I don't know what else the first photo could be other than skeletal remains.

Great find OP!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by poet1b

Great stuff. You might be on to something here.

Does Mars fall into the Habitable Zone?

Maybe it was... before the cometary impact, that hit Mars right to the opposite extremity of the great Tharsis Volcanoes Region. The impact it created the volcanoes and it threw outside material in the space that formed Phobos and Deimos.

But this is only my theory.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

I thought Phobos was a derelict mother ship?
Certainly doesn't look like a rock

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Agreed, that first pic does look amazing. Its the only one I go back to.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bennogob

Were you waiting for Phage to tell you what to think?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdw3rd74
reply to post by NeoVain

To all the skeptics, atheists, and non believers alike....I really believe that Gen 1:1 should be about God creating the Heaven and the Earthssssssssss. Finding life on Mars or the dark side of the moon would only be more proof of life, not denying the Bible is wrong in any way....Only the elitists in the highest areas of most organizations as ell as religions would deny these "bones" on Mars for fear of loosing the only grip they have on their flocks

Like the popes, archbishops cardinals etc right? The people with power and influence would deny this until their grave, and try to influence as many as possible into their view, in otder to keep their power and free money feed from taxes and various institutions. The base reason is fear, fear of loosing their income, and status in society, which they have gotten by telling a story that turns out to be a lie...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Never realised there were so many amateur exo-geologists on ATS, maybe there should be a geology forum?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Awesome thread and OP, Arken. I just spent an hour going through every post and have a few quick comments...

First off, I have no idea if these are rocks or fossils. They sure as hell look like fossils to me, but I am in no way qualified to make that call. For purposes of argument, let's assume that they are fossils.

Then why would NASA, given all the seemingly official obfuscation protocols on extraterrestrial life, simply put the photos out there in the public domain? Perhaps it's a fishing expedition, see who's paying attention, see how long it takes someone to make the find, and see what the public reaction is to evidence of alien life. Why? Because there's something bigger in the pipeline and NASA (and by extension many agencies in the US government) want to gauge reaction so they can tailor a response.

While I do believe that NASA would hide certain kinds of evidence from the general public, I am not convinced that this is necessarily a practice born of malice. The NASA brain trust are hardened scientists steeped in the scientific model of hard evidence, fact, and results that can be duplicated time and time again. Their silence on something as big as the discovery of fossils on Mars might simply be their adherence to proof beyond all doubt. And again, I'm no expert, but absent a sample or detailed analysis of that sample, they simply cannot meet that standard of proof at this time.

I have read a lot of arguments here about the "fossils" themselves -- why are they exposed so near the surface, so close together, so well-preserved. The argument seems to be that this does not resemble in any way the similar fossils we typically find here on Earth.

But Mars is not Earth. The radiation from the sun that continually bombards Mars is exponentially higher than what we experience on this planet. Radiation changes the very nature of all matter in direct proportion to the intensity of that radiation.

Again, I'm speaking hypothetically here, but given the conditions going back for at least a billion years on Mars, it is very hard for me to believe that life evolved there. It is much easier for me to believe that live was brought there pre-engineered for the harsh life-hostile environment. Or, perhaps life was marooned there at some point and devolved. Perhaps this life was originally microbial... In any case, just as we cannot with absolute certainly rule out the possibility that we were brought here -- "seeded" if you will, we cannot rule out a similar possibility on Mars.

Again, if I let my mind (and this post) wander in to the realm of what could be, I'll get banned from ATS in perpetuity, hehehe...

The bottom line is, Arken has uncovered a truly fascinating anomaly that has herein captured the imaginations of even some of the more hardened skeptics on this forum, including this one!

Thanks again, OP!

edit on 19-2-2013 by SBMcG because: Fixed factual error.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by Arken

But Mars is not Earth. It is much closer to the sun and has a much different atmosphere. The radiation from the sun that continually bombards Mars is exponentially higher than what we experience on this planet. Radiation changes the very nature of all matter in direct proportion to the intensity of that radiation.

No my friend, Mars is further from the Sun than planet Earth. It lacks the atmosphere that we have here. Though I do personally believe it once had one. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

You are correct. I always get Mars and Venus bassackwards...

I do know that Mars is subject to many more times the radiation of Earth due to lack of atmosphere and a weak magnetic field.

edit on 19-2-2013 by SBMcG because: Additional text.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think some of this is tricks of perspective, light and shadow.

In the picture below, I've highlighted an area in red that I believe to be carved into the ground rather than sticking up out of it, that would make that particular section on the left less of a vertabra and more of a hole in the ground.

It would have been nice to see this area from a few different angles.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Arken

But Mars is not Earth. It is much closer to the sun and has a much different atmosphere. The radiation from the sun that continually bombards Mars is exponentially higher than what we experience on this planet. Radiation changes the very nature of all matter in direct proportion to the intensity of that radiation.

The bottom line is, Arken has uncovered a truly fascinating anomaly that has herein captured the imaginations of even some of the more hardened skeptics on this forum, including this one!

Thanks again, OP!

I'm sure someone will jump on this before me but Mars is in fact further away. It's Venus that on the near side if you will with a thick atmosphere. Earth with a nice one and Mars with a very thin one. Although I am sure at one time it was different.

As for NASA, I am sure they lie all the time. They work for the government so you have to know how to lie. I am sure the government has plenty of spooks there as well as CNN, MSNBC, et. al. ad. naseum.

So your MSM folk will only do what they are permitted to do.....if it concerns any agency that may deem it National Security..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I didn't add FOX because it doesn't count as news....

Just for context

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

reply to post by Arken

Thanks again, OP!

I'm sure someone will jump on this before me but Mars is in fact further away. It's Venus that on the near side if you will with a thick atmosphere. Earth with a nice one and Mars with a very thin one. Although I am sure at one time it was different.

As for NASA, I am sure they lie all the time. They work for the government so you have to know how to lie. I am sure the government has plenty of spooks there as well as CNN, MSNBC, et. al. ad. naseum.

So your MSM folk will only do what they are permitted to do.....if it concerns any agency that may deem it National Security..

I'm dyslexic where Venus and Mars are concerned...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join