It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Well, I sent a link to my local news station about an hour ago with a lengthy email. Nothing yet. I would like to believe they are scrambling to put together a spot for the 6pm News, and are too busy to respond, but somehow I doubt it. Haha
I gave my primary news station the "scoop" first. If I don't hear anything from them tonight, I'll blast this out to the other stations tomorrow.

Good job man, seriously....a star for you.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Well, I sent a link to my local news station about an hour ago with a lengthy email. Nothing yet. I would like to believe they are scrambling to put together a spot for the 6pm News, and are too busy to respond,

I can just see the news at your local station "ROCKS FOUND ON MARS"....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As much as the pictures are intriguing I find myself literally, in something of a rock and a hard place as to what I think, so no apologies for the pun. Where it is easy to see 'Vertebrae' in many of Arken's examples this time round, and while others say they are rocks, or peculiar looking rocks, I don't think of either. I see lightly hardened shapes born out of a mixture of dust and moisture making a delicate cement, and most likely the shape is reborn over time and time again, with erosion from both wind and dust.
I mean, what did NASA concentrate with Curiosity firstly for their experiments? It was this guy Jake Matijevic who is an out of place rock, let's call him, 'Jake the peg'

go to the link here;

www.planetary.org...

You can see from that link the difficulties they have with 'Jake the peg' when even the Earth based science is somewhat controversial, NASA is not so bothered with exotic shapes of congealed sand. There are some shapes in Arken's linked pictures that do look like rocks, but they are also the most unlikely contenders for vertebrae looking objects.
edit on 19-2-2013 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Hey, if your day job ever fails you could try comedy.
Seriously, that was funny.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Could be fossils, could be weird rocks. I'm not an expert. This was about the time NASA announced the "big discovery". But them a spokesman backtracked and said it was a mistake. Did someone in the government tell NASA to shut up about the big discovery? It really irritates me that we sent a rover to find evidence of past life,
and I feel like they wouldn't tell the public if they DID find it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My personal bottom line? great thread...there once was liquid water on Mars...and where there is water there is life...I have no doubt there was once life on mars...BUT...this aint it. Those are rocks. And NASA needs money...believe me they wouldn't cover up big news...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Highlight or no highlight, every single Mars rock photo I've ever seen looked like natural formations to me. You've fallen into the crowd of the Hoagster, seeing what is not there. Zoom up, get a crystal clear photo and you will see, what you're looking at is rocks, rocks and more rocks.

Can you upload the pictures and show us exactly what you're looking at? And is this exact spot on a gigipan? I can't remember every gigapan, but a great thread here by impaired has many of them that he's created and uploaded throughout the thread. I don't know if this area is on them, they're mostly of Yellowknife Bay.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

True, sitting on top of the fence usually allows a good view of both sides.

Strictly speaking though, if these are ancient aquatic remains, the 'I see rocks' people and the ancient life people are really both correct.

Fossils are essentially rocks...the minerals long ago having replaced the organics of the objects.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I gotta tell ya, these pics look pretty convincing to me. Most especially the photo that appears to show teeth and jaw line.
Very nice pictures.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

edit on 19-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well I appreciate that, but it really isn't much work. I just don't see the point in arguing about it if we can be doing something to get to the bottom of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by Arken

those along with this should've been scrutinized by curiosity:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Really? Where do I call them Dinosaurs? Um pretty sure I called them Dinomaurs, get it? haha
Never mind I can see you are too attached to the theory to find any humor. Especially seeing how this wasn't your post and I was providing a reason as to why I don't think they are what you think they are. Can I not have an opinion without an unnecessary jab? There was no unsound reasoning in my opinion but that doesn't make it correct. Nor because you are spamming news agencies make you right that someone else spotted a Dinomaur on Mars.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
IM from Texas,and i know bones ,when i see one...

You just undermined your credibility by admitting that! LOL!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

True, sitting on top of the fence usually allows a good view of both sides.

Strictly speaking though, if these are ancient aquatic remains, the 'I see rocks' people and the ancient life people are really both correct.

Fossils are essentially rocks...the minerals long ago having replaced the organics of the objects.

I agree, those are essentially "rocks", as to how they come to be is perhaps where everyone should be looking at? But then again looking "where", NASA???

One way of doing this have all ATS members email this to all news outlets and get it out there, so we can get something going, like one of the posters did already...I believe that is the way to go, if you are that hungry for truth...

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Let's say that the good folks over at NASA found a fossilized skeleton of an Alien species? Let's just say that's the case for a moment. Does anyone for even one second believe that they would reveal their findings?

Do you know what exposing the biggest fairy tale ever told would do? It would throw the Church into chaos and disorder. Believers would begin to question their faith, and some people would start to freak out.

Fact is, The Masters of Puppets have no intentions of revealing anything whatsoever that could possibly weaken the choke hold that they have on the herds of misled and brainwashed sheople. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Am I to understand that the comment "where's the logic", WASN'T a jab?

1. A picture of a vertebrate animal does not a dinosaur or dinomaur make.
2. People are parroting this notion that such fossils MUST be found buried under ground. This is simply not true. Fossils are found on the surface here on Earth all the time and those very same winds and such that people are saying must bury these fossils can also expose them. Sorta like sand dunes in the desert. They move over time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Do you know what exposing the biggest fairy tale ever told would do? It would throw the Church into chaos and disorder. Believers would begin to question their faith, and some people would start to freak out.

Why do you think that? The church of Rome thinks aliens may exist

When he was asked about the possibility of extraterrestrial life, the Director of the Vatican Observatory responded that "it is possible, even if until now, we have no proof. But certainly in such a big universe this hypothesis cannot be excluded." Asked is he sees a contradiction between the Catholic faith and believing in aliens, he said, "I think there isn't (a contradiction). Just as there is a multiplicity of creatures over the earth, so there could be other beings, even intelligent (beings), created by God. This is not in contradiction with our faith, because we cannot establish limits to God's creative freedom.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Because that's one Man's opinion my friend, he does not speak for the Church. Plus, I would not expect much less from The Director of the Vatican Observatory. However, I assure you that he know's more than you think about The Orion Nebula.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
so much fuss over rocks. also whats the big deal if they WERE fossils? would make no impact on my life what so ever. get over it people and go outside and live life, there are things falling out the sky. people diying and being born. cool new things being invented and created. i dont understand peoples investment of interst in a dead arid planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join