It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Load of These Police Targets....Scary Stuff.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
wrong answer, wrong thread.
Sorry
edit on 19-2-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Great thread my man SnF as always have you seen this yet. I've been posting the hell out of it.

Credit and appreciation to SLAYER69 productions

Well, I thought I had seen it all.

Signals I'm afraid you haven't seen squat yet.
edit on 19-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think they will be coming out with a Chris Dorner look-a-like target set. One with a handgun, one with an AR of some sort and one with a grenade launcher. Then the special model for the LAPD, just CD in his fatigues holding a coke bottle and wearing his African American skin. (Of course, those coke bottles gleam like a wepaon in the right light)

My take on the targets is they are to be used for shoot/no shoot training. Of course, getting accustomed to pulling trigger on them will certainly make it easier when the time comes to engage real persons.

edit on 19-2-2013 by evc1shop because: fixed spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have used these very targets. I now use cardboard cut outs, full size. Except I clearly mark the areas where the body armor is thin or non-existant. As per what most LEO wear. Is that against the law on my part? NO. It gives me an advantage as to where to aim as so I take out the threat. Body armor does not stop head shots. LEO useing these targets are a very serious and dangerous precedent.

It does look as though we are going to have too defend ourselves against our own. What a damn shame. I am friends with several LEO. Not all are militarised, not all are mindless gun/badge toteing people. Some are just like you & I. Scared as to which way all this is going to shake out. So folks, get you all some full sized targets & practice, practice, practice. Practice makes you perfect in what it is you want to be perfect at. Shooting at a person who is shooting back, is far different that a target. Learn that body armor coverage folks, your life may depend on you knowing where to aim.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

OMG from watching that clip makes me wonder if they will make cops and army believe that we are zombies. Mind control can also make someone believe what they see are not human. I keep hearing this word zombie could it be project zombie I don't know but looks like America will find first. Be safe out there ATSers xxx

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just found this on wired.com

The scientist responsible for some of the Pentagon’s wildest research has devised a method that could one day save trauma patients, and even extend the shelf life of transplant organs. Step one: Suffocate the wounded. Step two: Put ‘em on ice. Mark Roth, a biochemist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, has been working on suspended animation — inspired by the processes of animal hibernation — for years now. In 2005, with funding from Pentagon far-out research arm Darpa, Roth managed to reanimate rats suffering from massive blood loss, using hydrogen sulfide to knock them out and curb their oxygen consumption.

Source

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Now we know why Pigs
just shoot people all the time!

the public need to know about this.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The perfect killing machine is a solder with no human emotion who will obey their master. If they can reanimate solders to kill without emotion then it will be us vs them
edit on 2/19/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: typo

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Yes, this is for conditioning of sorts.
No, not for the paranoid reasons stated.

The men and women of law enforcement face some very surreal situations that often require discharging their weapon. When they come face to face with, say, a gun wielding pregnant woman, they have to be able to make a decision that will allow them to go home to their spouse and children. It's not an easy decision, but when the situation calls for having to make a snap decision on whether that kid or that pregnant woman that is going to shoot you will become a cop killer or not. You all jump to conclusions but fail to see things from all viewpoints.
edit on 2/19/13 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

Nice try.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Yes, this is for conditioning of sorts.
No, not for the paranoid reasons stated.

The men and women of law enforcement face some very surreal situations that often require discharging their weapon. When they come face to face with, say, a gun wielding pregnant woman, they have to be able to make a decision that will allow them to go home to their spouse and children. It's not an easy decision, but when the situation calls for having to make a snap decision on whether that kid or that pregnant woman that is going to shoot you will become a cop killer or not. You all jump to conclusions but fail to see things from all viewpoints.

Nice try.

I also agree with you Visitor2012, what if the pregnant woman was protecting herself and her unborn child against a power hungry cop? I think some cops have an ego and power hungry problem let alone psychological issues regarding the public. I think that cops have too much power over us after all they are suppose to protect us against threats not think us as a threat.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

What do you mean "nice try?" Should I just not look at this from every angle and jump on the "cops are training to shoot us" bandwagon?

Maybe they are training to shoot us all. Or maybe it's to help condition normal people to be able to make a life or death decision in the worst case scenario. Maybe I could and should have just said it this way. Bu I would rather not jump to paranoid conclusions and try to look at this from every angle possible.

reply to post by Sk8ergrl

A solid point. Cops are here to be a service to the public. Some cops don't realize that they're not there to be a power over them.

However, if said power hungry cop were going to hurt said pregnant woman in the first place, they obviously have no qualms shooting people and won't need to condition themselves to it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Not sure if it is because of this post, but their site is really slow right now. I think this is a disgrace to LE if they are actually using targets like the OP describes.

"No more hesitation?" Are they serious? That just reinforces what we already know as the mantra of most of these militarized metro police departments now: Shoot first, cover up later.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

This is a sad truth. In one of my criminal justice classes I heard that in the 80s, trigger pull, even in justified situations that could have meant the cop would live, was below 60%. The police departments and military have been working to increase that and the percentage is now in the 90s.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
No surprise here, is there? They've been heading this way for decades. Anyone remember the sixties? They offered targets and simulations similar to the ones you see now. Difference is, they actually shot (lot's) of unarmed protestors, children with toys and young minorities who were "resisting arrest, going for the officers weapon, attempting to committ viloent crime" etc... . Nothing new with any of this, other than the fact we have a much larger population with access to significantly deadlier weapons. With a great many of the people who are not psychologically, socially and spiritually equipped to handle the responsibilities and realities associated with there use either as a defensive or offensive weapon. The issue has nothing to do with politics, other than the fact we're all (98%) being controlled by the worlds richest and most powerful 2%, Obama doesn't qualify, he and his family will by all likely hood be left out of the "Bunker" when things really hit the fan. You can count on the core group of folks who have been front and center since the Cold War to be out of harms way (or so they think) and these people are not your Gay love, Tree hugging, anti-gun, anti-religion etc... folk all the hard core gun supporters think are the problem. The rulers are among us/you, saying all the things you want to hear trying to make the "Them" your real threat, when in reality they'll shoot anyone in the back, should they feel threatened in any way or possibly just for #'s and giggles (because they can). These are the Power Brokers who have been around since the beginning and they would rather send the world straight to hell than to share with the Useless Feeders as they refer to we 98%. I would strongly encourage anyone and everyone to not judge others of different political persuation, socio-economics, race/culture gender etc.... as being the enemy, we will all need to find way's to work out our differences if theres any hope of setting or making things right in our country. I also hope no one forgets that rank and file members of Law Enforcement and the Armed Forces of the U.S. are made up of everyday people with there being few if any being embraced by the power elite once things really head soutth! Simply, imho and through lifes experiences and education outside academia.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What do you mean "nice try?" Should I just not look at this from every angle and jump on the "cops are training to shoot us" bandwagon?

Maybe they are training to shoot us all. Or maybe it's to help condition normal people to be able to make a life or death decision in the worst case scenario. Maybe I could and should have just said it this way. Bu I would rather not jump to paranoid conclusions and try to look at this from every angle possible.

A solid point. Cops are here to be a service to the public. Some cops don't realize that they're not there to be a power over them.

However, if said power hungry cop were going to hurt said pregnant woman in the first place, they obviously have no qualms shooting people and won't need to condition themselves to it.

You have valid reasons but what if power hungry cop wants to remain stealth they won't want to be found out so they will go to these training courses with their buddies.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

There is a likely chance of that. But looking a the psych profiles of past power hungry cops, they tend to be egotistical and aren't exactly afraid to show their power because they have a sense of being invincible about them. You can't touch them because they are cops. They're also the biggest problem for police forces and officers who actually do try to do right by the people. The badge has become a thing of fear and scorn.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

As I said in my other post if you take away the human emotion you have a killing machine. You do have a point I respect that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I think it's very dangerous to teach a brain washed cop to recognize the difference between a pregnant woman, and a pregnant woman with a gun. Your average brainwashed cop, is not sane enough, not intelligent enough,to be given that type of training. It's best they just get shot by a pregnant woman, then kill my pregnant wife for carrying a black cell phone.

That type of lightning fast recognition training is not suitable for high strung, trigger happy gangsters in uniform. I don't care if the cop can protect himself or not. If you want to risk your life attacking people's freedom, enforcing illegal laws, pissing on the Constitution, that's your affair. But I only CARE about the people they are SUPPOSED to be protecting.
There are a MILLION things the police can do to increase their ability to protect others. Turning pictures of civilians, who could just be protecting themselves, into swiss cheese is not one of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
An armed threat is an armed threat. Don't be so squeamish. Would you rather your kids were blown to smithereens?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Fat slob of an

office worker
construction worker
plumber
secretary
bank teller
electrician
cable repairman
factory worker

Do you see where I'm going with this?