It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Load of These Police Targets....Scary Stuff.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by anton74
I think most of you are missing the point of these targets. These would be used in a training scenario were you have to make a split second decision. The pictures are designed to distract an LEO. They want to see how long it takes them to notice the gun and identify which is a threat. Ask a friend what is wrong with the picture and then show them the picture. See how long it takes them to notice the gun. That inability by an LEO could be serious.

Traditionally, training targets depicted typical "bad guys" with guns. They'd be wearing a ski mask, or generally looking gangster, while non-threatening "civilians" depict ordinary people - unarmed.

These targets blur that distinction at the VERY least. So LE is now betting that those ordinary civilians are going to be a threat? Perhaps rather than depicting them as target practice, they should make an assessment about WHY these kinds of people might be a threat, and do something about THAT rather than desensitizing cops to killing civilians. And by that I mean WHAT is the cause of the population arming themselves? Tyranny?

Cops took an oath, as we all know.

edit on 19-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

Ordinary civilians don't go around pointing guns at people. Where I live, all of the people who have been shot by police or shot at police looked like ordinary people. They didn't have Ski-masks and didn't look like Gangsters. These targets are to get an LEO to focus. Instead of seeing a mommy and her little girl, they are supposed to see the gun.

Picture this scenario, a cop in training is told that when he enters a room 2 targets will pop up and he has to eliminate the threat in less than 3 seconds. One target is the pregnant lady with a gun and another is a Gang-banger holding a Latte. How many times do you think someone will get it wrong?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
They're the only people out there, saving, helping and protecting us.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

So when the police are actively rescuing someone from being raped, a bank from being robbed, a lost child find their parents, etc....they're not helping?

I don't get your logic here

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

YES! Don't you think the people could use some GOOD from you guys for a change? Sure would be nice to see you guys HELPING us preserve our rights , don't you think? But everywhere I look, you guys are writing tickets, harrassing people minding their own business. Every time I see a video of you guys, your swinging batons, beating and tasing peacefull protesters. Choking and slapping our wives, husbands and children.

And your asking me why I have such a jaded view? I can't recall a SINGLE moment in our history, when the police force has been embraced for its contribution to World peace or community safety.

Let's pull our heads out of our rear ends. These guys serve ONE purpose, and your protection has nothing too do with it.

And now your using armed pregnant women and children as target practice. Hardly a gesture of good intention wouldn't you agree?

So what I can take from all this is you hate all cops and refuse to see that their are bad people in all walks of life..Yet because their are a few bad cops, all cops are bad..

Then you put out this line which is beyond comical ,"I can't recall a SINGLE moment in our history, when the police force has been embraced for its contribution to World peace or community safety." ..

Implying that your life experiences are representative of the experiences that all people have had.
Time to let this debate go, no one is going to change hisher mind.

As for the training targets..
They are used by the military and law enforcement the world over. Just because you think that a pregnant lady could never pull a gun does not mean that a pregnant lady will never pull a gun. The more someone trains at something the more reaction times are lowered and muscle memory come into play. I understand why the cynical people would view them as just another mark on the map to a police state I just don't think it's accurate.
edit on 19-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Thanks for your reply and your service.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Got to admit I pulled the trigger and smoked the pregnant woman before I realized she was knocked up. Proper move 2 less criminals on the street

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks randyvs, but I couldn't make it all the way through your video.

I'm just sick of the "zombie entertainment" niche....They are going to try to make US out to be the zombies, I'm telling you right now man.

And it won't be as "cool" as a movie or TV show.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
reply to post by Signals

The only two people to ever pull a knife on me in my LE career was a 15 year special needs girl and about a 40 year old suicidal woman who was pregnant. Luckily both incidents ended peacefully but the fact is....anyone can pull a knife on you and I don't think these targets are a bad thing.

There were studies back in Vietnam with soldiers missing their targets on purpose....then they did something like added eyes to the targets and shortly after they claimed more soldiers were hitting the enemy. Who knows if that is true or how they can even measure that but my point is....LE is a #ty world man and there may be a day an officer has to shoot a pregnant lady wielding a gun...its a #ty fact of life...and maybe one of the reasons I want out of law enforcement.

The police force spends too much energy trying to protect itself from the boogey man, they are being indoctrinated to believe that EVERYTHING can be a threat. They are skilled, paranoid gunmen, who see everything as a personal threat. How can a cop like that ever be expected to protect you from anything?
Mindless, scared, cannon fodder, wearing storm trooper uniforms, leading the way to a Police State. Dellusioning themselves into thinking they are making the world a better place, and feeling proud of doing so.

How can we protect ourselves from THEM? That's the question.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

The police force spends too much energy trying to protect itself from the boogey man, they are being indoctrinated to believe that EVERYTHING can be a threat.

Yes that is correct because anyone and anything COULD be a threat.
That's much different then saying anyone and anything IS a threat.
So you train for what could be vs what is or else you become easy to exploit.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Well..if you look at my two examples above any one can be a threat...absolutely....

In regards to some cops being cowards or scared...well that is true too....id say a good percentage of cops shouldn't be cops....I can't tell you how many times i've been in an altercation to another officer hesitate for several seconds...so I can imagine in a shooting scenario they would hesitate as well. Hence the need for better training...hence these targets may possibly help...but i could really care less what target I train on.

All Im saying is these targets are nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

YES! Don't you think the people could use some GOOD from you guys for a change? Sure would be nice to see you guys HELPING us preserve our rights , don't you think? But everywhere I look, you guys are writing tickets, harrassing people minding their own business. Every time I see a video of you guys, your swinging batons, beating and tasing peacefull protesters. Choking and slapping our wives, husbands and children.

And your asking me why I have such a jaded view? I can't recall a SINGLE moment in our history, when the police force has been embraced for its contribution to World peace or community safety.

Let's pull our heads out of our rear ends. These guys serve ONE purpose, and your protection has nothing too do with it.

And now your using armed pregnant women and children as target practice. Hardly a gesture of good intention wouldn't you agree?

So what I can take from all this is you hate all cops and refuse to see that their are bad people in all walks of life..Yet because their are a few bad cops, all cops are bad..

Then you put out this line which is beyond comical ,"I can't recall a SINGLE moment in our history, when the police force has been embraced for its contribution to World peace or community safety." ..

Implying that your life experiences are representative of the experiences that all people have had.
Time to let this debate go, no one is going to change hisher mind.

As for the training targets..
They are used by the military and law enforcement the world over. Just because you think that a pregnant lady could never pull a gun does not mean that a pregnant lady will never pull a gun. The more someone trains at something the more reaction times are lowered and muscle memory come into play. I understand why the cynical people would view them as just another mark on the map to a police state I just don't think it's accurate.
edit on 19-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

I would be very surprised if you could find a handful of people who have something good to say about Cops. It's not about the good cops vs. bad cops, I'm arguing the need of your ENTIRE police force and the illegal statutes and laws they enforce. I'm not siding with anarchy, I believe our police is, ignorantly, leading our society to it.

Their service contributes absolutely NOTHING to the betterment of society or it's pursuit of happiness. And they dispise peacefull protests. When they're on the clock, they always show up late to the party, and when they do, they only make the situation worse. And when they're not doing that, they're harassing hard working citizens and extorting them with threats of force. I say we fire ALL of them. Let them re-educate themselves about CIVIL SERVICE. We'll protect ourselves in the mean time, we don't need them making our lives more difficult than it already is.

Otherwise, who needs more self righteous gangsters roaming our streets? Gangsters with the law and courts on their side? They are more of a threat to us then the criminals. Because, we can get away from criminals, we CAN'T get away from a cop.

Meanwhile, tell your pregnant wives, it would be wise to walk with her hands above her head.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well..if you look at my two examples above any one can be a threat...absolutely....

In regards to some cops being cowards or scared...well that is true too....id say a good percentage of cops shouldn't be cops....I can't tell you how many times i've been in an altercation to another officer hesitate for several seconds...so I can imagine in a shooting scenario they would hesitate as well. Hence the need for better training...hence these targets may possibly help...but i could really care less what target I train on.

All Im saying is these targets are nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

I waste no opportunity to voice my discontent of them. They don't know what freedom is. If they did, they wouldn't be attacking it every single day.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What is really sick is how few people see how those exact circumstances can actually occur. Is it a stretch of the imagination that a kid could be a shooter? Or that a gun woman could and would surround herself with children? Those kind of targets require you to make the decision when in a firefight situation without getting shot back. Sometimes you need to prepare for the worst.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I like how you paint every cop with the same broad brush. That's the point I'm trying to make.

What do you do for a living? I'm sure I could find something incompetent about you and yours.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Proof that you know nothing about them or the job they do.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Are you schizophrenic? You are living in fantasyland. Either that or you are a teenager or a felon with an ax to grind.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xNightwing

They're the only people out there, saving, helping and protecting us.

So when the police are actively rescuing someone from being raped, a bank from being robbed, a lost child find their parents, etc....they're not helping?

I don't get your logic here

How many rapes have they stopped? How many bank robberies? A lost child find their parent? The folks at Disney Land do that fairly well, without the use of combat warfare, and practice targets of pregnant women. And there must be hundreds of pedophiles there in any given week. Wow...how does it happen...

Your arguing exceptions, I'm arguing the Rule.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I still really want to know what cops are taught.

Are they supposed to shoot when they see a gun?

I was told once that if you keep moving, unless someone has practiced a lot, there is a low probability you would be shot. Combine this with their bullet proof vests and they probably have a low risk.

I would hope they aren't taught to shoot children just because they have guns in their hands.

Or are cops now important than children?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

Are you schizophrenic? You are living in fantasyland. Either that or you are a teenager or a felon with an ax to grind.

Obviously you haven't gotten your skull cracked by an officers baton yet. I hope it never happens to you. If it does happen to you, I'll wager that it was completely unprovoked and completely uncalled for.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I still really want to know what cops are taught.

Are they supposed to shoot when they see a gun?

I was told once that if you keep moving, unless someone has practiced a lot, there is a low probability you would be shot. Combine this with their bullet proof vests and they probably have a low risk.

I would hope they aren't taught to shoot children just because they have guns in their hands.

Or are cops now important than children?

This is the height of ignorance. Death is death. An officer is entitled to protect himself no matter who the threat is.

Children are not more important than adults.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Mr. Creep Thumper:

It's against the terms and conditions to attack another poster. Asking them what they do for a living and then saying you could find something on them is INMO a threat.

If you know so much about cops, why don't you answer my valid relevant questions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join